1:24 faucets and plumbing hardware

jrchob

Has anyone found a good source for half scale faucets (besides the ones from Homes in Miniatures), that can be set on the sink. Really looking for faucets for a kitchen sink.

Me too! I found an article in a Greenleaf Newsletter archive about using the hook part for one of those gummy clear plastic suction cup hook thingies (that was a mouthful); another DYI about using very small fine screw hooks for faucets and beads for taps; and I've been looking at various jewelry findings with faucets in mind. I came up with a way to cut down a lobster clip for a modern type bathroom faucet, but I'm looking for nice hardware for a 1:24 chef's type of sink faucet. French ear wires might work.

Still looking and thinking.....

• Like 2

Miniatures.com has one.... they are move of a bathroom fixture though... I purchased 1 that I used on a Greenleaf bathroom sink kit... :)

I have one of those but it's kind of squatty. I want to find the tall arched type, or like Ken Haseltine sells for one inch scale...with the sweeping taps....but you just gave me an idea...maybe French style door handles would work for taps and I could make a faucet? I'll have to go look at stuff....

:)

• Like 1

Thanks for your suggestions-appreciated! I've attached a photo of the unglued sink in process. I will check out miniatures .com. Molly's House faucets have the post in back to glue into. Possibly I can cut that off and set on top on each side of the drainboard. Something modern will not fit the house. I'm in no hurry for the faucets as this house is going to take me years!! Maybe I will run across something at the house I can use. I still feel hand challenged when it comes to 1:24 as far as making them, but am always willing to try.

post-6081-0-11956000-1362657401_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love your sink!! Where did you find that?

I like this little sink also! It is from Petite Properties. I have only ordered kits in 1:24. They now have a toilet kit.

• Like 1

I like this little sink also! It is from Petite Properties. I have only ordered kits in 1:24. They now have a toilet kit.

Thanks! Forgot about them!! Would you consider this to fit into the 1920's era??

• 1 year later...

Bumping this old thread in case people are still looking...

Mini Etchers has some laser cut kitchen faucets. I colored them with a silver Sharpie, or you could use paint.

Here's how the one with the sprayer looks:

gallery_7_4935_23999.jpg

I also bought the gooseneck style but haven't installed it yet. That one broke somehow after I Sharpie'd it, but I managed to superglue it back together.

For bathrooms, I just went on a shopping spree at Michaels and found lots of cool stuff to make bathroom fixtures.

post-7-0-26874800-1430003607_thumb.jpg post-7-0-92539500-1430003627_thumb.jpg

The faucet is made from 12 gauge aluminum wire with a spacer bead as the base. The taps are decorative head pins and the drain is a mini brad with the legs cut off.

The towel bar is made out of the straight piece of a toggle clasp (a different style than in the link, though), held up by two eye pins. All of this stuff came from the jewelry section of Michaels.

The mini brads in particular have lots of possibilities... I'm also using them as a push button on a toilet, and as doorknobs.

• Like 2