Spring Fling 2013

I talked with Dean today and just wanted you all to know that Spring Fling 2013 will not start in the month of March this year. It will begin in April and you will have all summer to build again like last year.

:) I'm getting so excited about it all and I hope you all are too :wave:

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up. Now I have a firmer goal of getting my studio in shape so I can build it this year !!

Thanks Greenleaf for the fantabulous forum, products, and Flings !!

We love you all, Dean and crew.

Can't wait.

• Like 1

What is a Spring Fling? I'm new here and don't know what it is.

Sue, something you might like to consider about the Spring Fling......there will be dozens of people building the same kit, all on this forum nearly every day. This means there will probably always be someone to answer any questions you may have. And I promise, no one is laughed at for anything, in fact 'newbies' have even won! It's a really great opportunity to be a part of a super fun group with EVERY skill level represented.

Sue, something you might like to consider about the Spring Fling......there will be dozens of people building the same kit, all on this forum nearly every day. This means there will probably always be someone to answer any questions you may have. And I promise, no one is laughed at for anything, in fact 'newbies' have even won! It's a really great opportunity to be a part of a super fun group with EVERY skill level represented.

True. It's fun for every skill level -- but everyone keeps their ideas secret until the deadline. No photos posted until the big reveal. Not really a build-along.

True. It's fun for every skill level -- but everyone keeps their ideas secret until the deadline. No photos posted until the big reveal. Not really a build-along.

Because it's a CONTEST! with PRIZES! If the contest kit speaks to you it's a terrific way to grow your skills and test your ingenuity.

• Like 1

I can hardly wait to see what they've come up with this year! I had so much fun with last years kit. I'm also anticipating that Victorianna that's supposed to be released soon, hint-hint.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new kit too and following the contest thread, that's always fun. But the best bit is seeing the gallery at the end when you see how different everyone has made their entry despite starting with exactly the same kit.

No one goes anywhere. The kit is sent to you. You create what you envision. You send in three pictures to the address they provide when the contest is formally announced. The judges pick the winners. A gallery is created here on the forum - just like the ones that are already visible. You enjoy them. The winners receive their rewards.

We all go a bit bonkers with ideas floating back and forth and we make it into a party atmosphere. It's just for fun. There are no rights or wrongs or levels or pressures from others - the only exception to that is as we self-inflict them. No one else criticizes or condemns. We seem to do that to ourselves though.

The building project at your worktable is the only part you do hands on. The rest, all the ordering, entering and announcing is all done online.

• Like 3

Oh, you have to go somewhere for this event. I guess that lets me out.

You all enjoy yourselves. Sounds like you cannot wait!

You don't have to go anywhere Sue. I meant looking at the gallery on this site when its all over. The winners and all the rest of the entries are posted in one album in the gallery - wonderful to look at - check out some of the previous years.

• Like 1