Spring Fling 2013

I have to go out of state tomorrow to help my mom out, there is no internet connection there and so will be without my laptop. Withdrawal will ensue in two days! I just have a feeling they will announce while I am gone! Go figure, well - something to look forward to when I get back. *pout*

• Like 2

No smartphone? Of course you could have a trusted friend check and call you, or go look for a wireless hotspot, or try the public library, or does she have web TV??

Not obsessive here.....hum de dum.... :)

• Like 1

No smartphone? Of course you could have a trusted friend check and call you, or go look for a wireless hotspot, or try the public library, or does she have web TV??

Not obsessive here.....hum de dum.... :)

No smartphone! No web TV. I pay $25 every three months for my cell phone. It does nothing except allow me to make a phone call if I get stranded on the side of the road when I make these trips alone. Which is fine, other than that I really don't need the phone. My mom lives in northern N.J. It is all cow and horse farms. Most of the people are still using dial-up out there! Talk about rural!!! One of the aides that comes to the house has to go outside to use her own cell phone and stand in the middle of the driveway to get a connection! Hard to believe that is is only an hour away from New York and it is like hillbilly land!

• Like 2

No smartphone! No web TV. I pay $25 every three months for my cell phone. It does nothing except allow me to make a phone call if I get stranded on the side of the road when I make these trips alone. Which is fine, other than that I really don't need the phone. My mom lives in northern N.J. It is all cow and horse farms. Most of the people are still using dial-up out there! Talk about rural!!! One of the aides that comes to the house has to go outside to use her own cell phone and stand in the middle of the driveway to get a connection! Hard to believe that is is only an hour away from New York and it is like hillbilly land!

I envy you getting to step back in time Patricia. Hopefully your visit to see your Mom in the country will send you home full of energy and inspiration.

Take a sketch pad/notebook and jot down ideas. Watch for 'souvenirs' wherever you go. Perhaps a cute little rock from your Mother's yard or a lid off a silly jar. I hope your visit is a special one and that you find some 'flingable treasure'.

• Like 1

Ha! We live in a small rural city in Australia. We have line of sight to the telecoms tower and still don't get a strong mobile phone signal. It's terrible! And in a land of slow internet connections, lots of people here still have dial-up (in fact, a lot of very rural/remote areas have better internet due to satelites).

Anyways, wonder how that Spring Fling kit is coming along? Every day is a day closer.

My very first Spring Fling was 2012 and it was a lot of fun and gave me much more confidence having never built anything before! I've already decided not to participate this year because I really am working on my Garfield. Besides, I wouldn't have room for any more minis! Last night I punched out the walls because I want to figure out how many windows and doors I need and the sizes since I'm replacing many of them. My downstairs staircase is nearly finished just have to add some wood trim and a bit of wallpaper and wainscot. I am looking forward to checking in to see what the 2013 SF will be and to see what great creations will be dreamed of and built! I'll share the anticipation and joy with you all though!!!!!!

• Like 1

I don't get cell reception at my house either. Have to drive a ways away to pick up a signal.

We do have cable available now for Internet though which is wonderful. It was just dial up for ages and ages.

Well, my guesses for the release have come and gone.

I think the next person's guess is the 28th and the one after that is in May.

Any new guesses as to the release date and scale and style?

The tummy bug is running through our house right now - not fun !!!!

Praying that I don't catch it too. Can't have the caregiver down and out too.

Let's get ready to Fling. I have ideas galore.

I keep wondering if they're moving slow because we're not screaming loud enough. I refuse to issue threats and ultimatums. Artists are at work! But we need to get LOUD! You know, how the encore doesn't happen until the audience claps and cheers loud enough? Soooooo............here is a plea to those who can use all those cool little smiley guys and stuff. Everyone clap, really hard and cheer really loud! I know there's enough people out there. In fact NINE people are on this topic right now.

Clap Clap Cheer Clap Clap Cheer Clap Clap Cheer!!

And while sleepness during night hours this is the topic I go to most often just to get fill up on positive thoughts! :wub:

• Like 1

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

...if it helps, Morgan, lol

Maybe they´re doing last minute adjustments or are redesigning the whole thing ??!

Don´t they normally have at least some sneek peaks ?

The waiting is so awful, I hope they hurry up !!

• Like 1

Folks, I'm sorry if my slow studio clean up process is still holding the announcement up.

I'm working on it as fast as time and old bones will allow.

Please Dean and crew, can we at least have a sneak peek?

We promise to be good a while longer if you give us just a smidgen.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what happened. I got final pictures 2 weeks ago. Something tells me that the final pictures must have evolved again :blink:

Ohhhh, sounds intruiging!!! Then it is definitly getting close!!! :wub:

Hugs