Spring Fling 2013

Yes, I'm sure they are doing a curvy roofed Rik Pierce style cottage - just takes a while to get the curves right - lol. (fingers crossed and hoping)

• Like 3

Yes, I'm sure they are doing a curvy roofed Rik Pierce style cottage - just takes a while to get the curves right - lol. (fingers crossed and hoping)

Ohh if it were only true!!!!!!

I'm not sure what happened. I got final pictures 2 weeks ago. Something tells me that the final pictures must have evolved again :blink:

2 weeks ago ?!?!?!?!?!.

On no, I hope Dean didn't go on a long vacation and just forget to post the whole deal before he left.

BTW - Love the curvy roof idea too.

Well - I go away for 5 days and still nothing. Thought for sure I would be reading about the Spring Fling release when I got back......*sigh*......guess not.....

Well, April was the promised time since the March one already didn't work out and a promise is a promise, you know.

I always tell my little guys, "Be careful what you promise and don't make promises you can't keep."

It won't be the Spring Fling any more if it moves much farther ahead on the calendar.

They'll have to change the name to Dean's Birthday Challenge or something other theme.

• Like 1

Ok, so the first post says it won't begin in March, it WILL begin in April. Well, it's late enough in the month it can no longer begin in April. But, they can announce it in April. Perhaps tomorrow we will see something. It positively has to be this week. But hey folks, it's called a back up plan! If the fling isn't something exciting, I'm buying a half scale house and holding my own fling! When I check in and am disappointed with no fling announcement I make myself feel better by staring at the half scale houses. I have it narrowed down to about 6 :)

• Like 1

As spring is JUST making itself over here I am really in Spring Fling mood any day about now, spring cleaned the big flower bed in the vack yard yesterday and prepared the grass and... So any day is spring flinging really ;)

Hugs

• Like 1

I talked to Dean yesterday and it seems it has changed a little bit again. One of the issues is they are trying to produce this and keep the costs low for everyone. ;) I can say I think that's awesome how every year, they keep the price more affordable than a lot of the other companies do. The face that he thinks that way makes me feel good knowing he wants me to get more from my dollars I spend B)

• Like 6

Being over here and with postal rates being a they are I for one truly appreciate the effort talen it being affordale on top of a new design as well :wub: Hugs

• Like 1

well...it is a hard job that I wouldnt want: designing,building,keeping costs down,and putting up with all of us....OK Mr.Dean..We'll be good.....But it IS your fault for making great products.You havent done us wrong yet.Each Fling has been great and we cant wait....

• Like 1

I talked to Dean yesterday and it seems it has changed a little bit again. One of the issues is they are trying to produce this and keep the costs low for everyone. ;) I can say I think that's awesome how every year, they keep the price more affordable than a lot of the other companies do. The face that he thinks that way makes me feel good knowing he wants me to get more from my dollars I spend B)

Thank you Tracy.......many of us appreciate an update.

:bear:

• Like 2

I'm just as anxious to get my hands on it too :) I can only have one when the design is a solid go just like you all so I'm sitting back waiting for the magic to happen in my email inbox :)

• Like 1

I can't wait to see what it is! My work on miniatures has been little to none the past couple years but i always like to check in this time of year and see what the spring fling is. I'm glad i forgot until now so i didn't have to deal with a whole month of waiting and anticipation with no pictures. lol I keep looking at that Charming Cottage Contest from Minis.com and i have to tell myself NO whenever i see it and think of another idea for it. I MUST FINISH SOMETHING I ALREADY STARTED FIRST! <_<

• Like 1

Did he give you any indication of the release date Tracy?

I can't wait to see what it is! My work on miniatures has been little to none the past couple years but i always like to check in this time of year and see what the spring fling is. I'm glad i forgot until now so i didn't have to deal with a whole month of waiting and anticipation with no pictures. lol I keep looking at that Charming Cottage Contest from Minis.com and i have to tell myself NO whenever i see it and think of another idea for it. I MUST FINISH SOMETHING I ALREADY STARTED FIRST! <_<

Welcome home, Jeffrey. I've been thinking about you and wondering where RL had snatched you off to.

Thank you Debora! (Wish I knew how to make those cute lil birthday hat guys) You're the first HB of the day :)

Indeed.......It is 5/2. And, I am 52. Could it mean magic? I tried to induce labor in the Fling. At midnight, I welcomed in my birthday by looking at the forum and at 1/2 scale houses. I really want a 1/2 scale project and a 1/144 project to add to the mix. Come on Greenleaf, make the Fling 1/2 scale!

• Like 2