Spring Fling 2013

Yep, I was able to view the main page that Dean gave us a link to, I was just curious about the base kit itself. It will probably be up tomorrow & I need to just learn to exercise a bit of patience! lol!

Here is the link to the GL members only page with the whole view. I don't think the dimensions are there yet.

Dean said he is still putting more things up. Maybe in the morning the rest will be there.

If you look at the boardwalk, the dimensions are about 15.5 x 15.25 inches. Since the house fits on top of one boardwalk, I'm guessing that's pretty close. If you were to build the whole thing like the photo I think we're talking about 40 inches in the long dimension.

I like the base and all the options. :) heck, I like the whole thing and its one inch scale! Umm....ummm....hmmmm

Thank you, Dean!! Im shaking as I write this....once again you've hit a home run!!!! Spring Fling '13 was/is my January Birthday present!! So happy,excited, and raring to go am I.Once again...Thank You..it was worth the wait!

That looks amazing. It could be a ................ or it could be ...................... or maybe a _______________ but most likely a ___________

Or a possible ________________ It is certainly a house of possibilities. Need to think before I order!!

• Like 1

I'm in....... Already have what I plan to make it into..

Oh, I just knew you would! But don't tell (except you can tell me if you want to...promise I won't tell :D )

I'd love to build the whole darn thing but don't think I can mange the space so I'm going to have to limit myself...now that's all I'm tellin' :lol:

• Like 2

I should be so lucky! Spring Fling prep has had me in munchies overdrive!!! I'm afraid to step on the scale.

There are few more details I need to work out and I'm about blind from editing photos all day. I will tidy things up in the morning and get the official email out. I hope that posting a link to the main page will get me out of hot water with Tracy (I kept to my word and got them in store :noway:) ! Please excuse any typos and bad descriptions/links.

Dean you know I LOVE you :) you are the best big brother from another mother :wub: lots of people on Facebook are in love with it too. It's Awesome !!!
  • Like 3

Oh, I just knew you would! But don't tell (except you can tell me if you want to...promise I won't tell :D )

I'd love to build the whole darn thing but don't think I can mange the space so I'm going to have to limit myself...now that's all I'm tellin' :lol:

I will use the whole thing to start and plenty of changes from there on. lol As long as you don't tell anyone it will be .... awwwh well I just forgot dang it anyway.. Getting old is tough..

• Like 2

I am POSITIVE I know what I'm doing. Now if my husband would just get home and second the vote. No name yet but it's going to be a _____ _________. I hope, I hope, I hope :) Every time I add another idea to the list of how to do it I realize I already have what I need. It's awesome shopping at home.

As for the 1" scale. As much as I didn't plan to participate if it was too big, there is a specific reason this will work. Oohhh......I can't wait!

This set of components is so nice I want to just do a straightforward build and enjoy the process. But of course, that's not the SF....or is it? Bwahahahaha! :lol:

• Like 2

Another OMG! Showed the DH the dh :) He LOVES my idea, but........he had a bunch of great ideas. For him! When he heard the Halloween deadline he started trying to figure out if he could do it. Please understand, he supports me but has never done his own build. I can't believe it. So, I am building what I said and maybe just maybe, the hubby's gonna build something of his own.

• Like 3

wouldn't that be fun..! but then he'd be stealing your supplies..

True that. Unfortunately, he buys my supplies so I will have to grin and bear it. We just had a long talk. We might each of us build one and include our 5 year old. She loves dollhouses and loves to paint. Hmmmm.......three people flinging in the same house.........

• Like 3

Dean and crew, you've outdone yourself:) I would say it was worth the wait! hehe

Now I'm up brainstorming instead of sleeping....maybe if I go to sleep something will come to me in a dream,lol

This set of components is so nice I want to just do a straightforward build and enjoy the process. But of course, that's not the SF....or is it? Bwahahahaha! :lol:

Maybe we could form a subgroup to the SF!!

• Like 1

I had a very quick idea - sort of a kind of knee-jerk response to the Fling, but I don't want to build that kind of build. So now I'm fighting with the very cool and very detailed and very distinct image in my head and raging dissent in my heart. Go figure, I'd have to find a way to complicate my life even more. sigh ...

Anyone else having that kind of problem?

• Like 1