My Orchid's interior so far

Wildwood2012

So I said I'd post shots from the inside and here they are.

I used scrapbook paper from my stash and applied it with Yes glue. I was going for a country/shabby chic look.

I found The New Doll's House, by Venus & Martin Dodge and have used their patterns to make a bed, sofa and arm chair. I made the bed first but didn't have the right size wood for the legs so I cut clothespins in half. Also, I didn't trust my ability to get all the posts in the head and footboard in straight so I modified that and made both one piece. After I put it in the house I realized just how little the Orchid is so instead of a full sofa I reduced the pattern and made a loveseat.

I'm also going to use some Dollar Tree tables and chairs and Michael's hutches that I found.

Pretty sure that I'll be taking out the stair railing and leaving the stairs out completely. This is really a teeny house when you start furnishing it.

post-24809-0-20047500-1362846560_thumb.j

post-24809-0-87602100-1362846854_thumb.j

post-24809-0-57919000-1362846861_thumb.j

post-24809-0-17097000-1362846867_thumb.j

• Like 3

What neat work on the bed and furniture. Clever of you to modify the bed pattern to include the clothespin legs! And I like the way you used a combo of wallpaper and paint in the gabled rooms.

Like everyone else, love the colors too, especially the bedspread! What a sweet little house...very nice job you're doing!

I can't wait to start furnishing mine...hopefully before my demise! So Dollar Tree has doll house stuff?? How cool! It's one of the few stores we have in our little town...usually go there for wrapping paper, I'll have to check it out!!

Like everyone else, love the colors too, especially the bedspread! What a sweet little house...very nice job you're doing!

I can't wait to start furnishing mine...hopefully before my demise! So Dollar Tree has doll house stuff?? How cool! It's one of the few stores we have in our little town...usually go there for wrapping paper, I'll have to check it out!!

They were selling some wooden dollhouse furniture - a table, chest, hallway table, etc. - back where they had little packages of toys hanging on the wall. Sometimes you could get it finished, sometimes unfinished. The finished version was kind of a red stain, but could alway be repainted. I find it to be hit or miss, one time I go in there - there is furniture, next time - no furniture and back and forth. So if you don't find any, you can always try again another time.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! I am really enjoying working on this project. I told my friends that I think I've been bitten by the dollhouse bug!

I lucked out and found the Dollar Tree furniture unfinished except for the chairs that have the yucky reddish finish. I might not use them because the seats seem very large now that I have them at home. We have many Dollar Trees here in the Kansas City area (there are 8 within 10 miles of my home) so its just a matter of going to a different one to find what you need.

• 1 month later...