Newbie in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hello everyone,

I'm a new builder, long time lover of dollhouses. I recently was given the opportunity to take on the Pierce Dollhouse. A woman was selling the unfinished house at a killer price. I snapped it up. Unfortunately, that is where the easy luck ends. The dollhouse is very fragile. It is not solidly built, I have many hours of repair work ahead of me. I'm looking forward to it. But I'm a little nervous as this is my first attempt at building/repairing a dollhouse.

Among the issues that I face with this repair/build, is that there are no instructions. There are also missing pieces that I have to try to identify. It looks like the porch, bannisters and spindles are missing, part of the roof, part of the base/lattice work and a small replacement part of the stairscase. I'm sure I will be able to purchase these missing items at my local Dollhouse store called The Little Dollhouse Company in Toronto (I hope).

I've search the download centre here in Greenleaf, to see if I could locate the missing instructions etc. but it appears that these instructions are not available. Does anyone know where I can access these vital instructions, hopefully at no cost?

Thank you!

Lisa

Welcome to the little family, Lisa. I'm rehabbing a Pierce that was originally built with hot glue and wasn't primed before it was painted, and the builder put real mini clay bricks on the chimney (not very well, either).

You can contact Greenleaf directly: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/about-us/greenleaf_dollhouse.html to get instructions and a set of schematic sheets to see what parts you are missing.

Welcome to the forum! You've got a great dollhouse resource up there (Little Dollhouse Company). They seem to have an excellent variety of supplies; I've wanted to order from them in the past, the shipping was just too prohibitive :(

You will find lots of help for your Pierce rehab on this forum. It sounds like it will be a great project. I'm looking forward to photos!

Thank you all! I feel like I stepped into a magical world! There is just so much to learn and see. I'm having a hard time focusing on what I need to get done first, lol. Thank you, Holly, for your link. I read a previous post of the same nature where you had included the same link, so I went ahead and sent off an inquiry to Greenleaf.

I am super excited to get started on my project. Pictures will posted soon! I'm planning to spend at least a couple hours getting supplies and browsing The Little Dollhouse Company this weekend. They have so much to look at there, that one must set aside at least an hour or two to browse.

Hi and welcome Lisa! How lucky you are to have a dollhouse store where you live. Sounds like your house is constructed for the most part. You might find More Minis @ Blogspot a useful site. You can select the Pierce from the dropdown box at the upper left corner.

Look forward to pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marg,

Sor far I have taken the entire structure apart. I ordered new schematic and instruction sheets from Greenleaf, and they have arrived. Unfortunately, the schematics are not 1:1 or true to measurements, so I'm going to have a bit of difficulty identifying the missing pieces, which will make this process longer than anticipated. I'm also waiting for my husband to build a new foundation, to make the structure more solid.