A FarmHouse Bed

HyacinthB

Does anyone know where I can get a farmhouse bed. Please NOT costly. The Orchid I'll be decorating for my nearly blind friend? She is calling the shots on the decor and furniture. She wants one very badly as her Grandmother had one and it's a memory to her.

but, the ones I've checked online are too expensive. Except to build one and NO on that idea.

Thanks.

It's 23 degrees at 8:30 a.m. Wind chill at 12 degrees, even though it feels colder. We have been fairly lucky, the power has gone out some, but not all the time. Thank goodness, so I can use my electric blanket. I'm having to sleep in a recliner, volunteered to do so because of shortage of beds.

However.........I sure would love to have my bed back. I'm looking forward to that. It's an adjustable bed and it's good for me because a stupid doctor made a mistake on a simple vein surgery on my leg. I have to put my leg up high to stop the pain. I use medical magnets. I am in hopes of surgery that is not evasive and won't do anymore damage as this did. I've put up with this for 20 years now. Since Dec 1992. This other Dr was supposed to pull up the vein and instead he cut 6" out and cut a nerve on top of my ankle. Yes, I have feeling, but that nerve hurts and the magnets do their job by preventing the blood from staying in my foot and ankle, not going up and down. Believe you me, that hurts. I've learned to deal with it, but it is worsening at times.

The electric blanket? It keeps my leg warm and the nerve warm so I can sleep at night, otherwise, I'm up all night and hurting. YUCK! Don't wish this on a soul.

Stay warm all of you.

Hobby Builder's Supply has this kit to make a bed: http://www.miniatures.com/Tester-Bed-Kit-The-Chippendale-Collection-P17066.aspx and our own Greenleaf has this bedroom kit by Corons Concepts: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/miniature-furniture/miniature-furniture-kits-bedroom.html

• Like 2

Sue,

If you can't send me a personal message on here, if you could just give a bit more detail as to what you're looking for am more than glad to look for you. Whether you're looking for a wooden canopy, brass, or four poster -- just update here and I'll look for you if you've not yet found anything. :)