Joining in the fun, Again!

wenlaine

I was asking Holly (havanaholly) a few questions in General Mini Talk and realized that wasn't the appropriate place to post so I will ask here.

Holly, you mentioned some people have moved, have you? Where to? Are you and DH still back packing around Florida? How are you both? The smiling face of your avatar tells me that things are great with you.

I noticed there are lots of new people who have joined the forum since I was last here. That's terrific. I've kept in touch with a few of the friends I had made on here over the years but nothing is better than being here. I will always love this forum!

Hi Paula, It's great to hear from you and I'm glad to see your still here.

Awww Tracy, you're the best. I'm excited to be working on dollhouses again, not so happy about the mess I create in my diningroom, but maybe this time around I can learn how to work with paperclay. Aren't I just the eternal optimist!

• Like 1

In June of 2011 DH & I bought a house in Seminole, AL, just across the Perdido River from Pensacola, FL. We are still trying to make our old house in Havana habitable so we can sell it, but doing it long distance is devilishly slo o o ow. Were KathieB and her DH wintering in New Orleans when you left? As you catch up on what you missed you'll see who else has moved. And we don't backpack! just day hike; and we're leaving tomorrow after breakfasst for the nine day Panhandle Trace Hike from the end of the Alabama Trail in the Conecuh Nation al Forest down to Santa Rosa Island and out to the end at Fort Pickens. I'm still waiting for a workshop for DH & me, EVERYTHING is crammed into the garage! and I can't get to anything.

Hi Traci, it's nice to see you too!

Hey Heidi, sending a big wave back at you! In answer to a question I read this morning about your selling some items and whether to use EBay or Etsy, I think it's cheaper to use Etsy, isn't it? That would be my choice. Let us know which you decide?

• Like 1

Holly, yes, I think that KathieB and her DH had gone to New Orleans before I had left. I have a feeling I need to do lots of reading to get up to date. Are Gayle, Marg and Peggi still here too? Gee, there are so many of you I miss and I'm eager to get to know all the newcomers as well.

Have a safe and fun time on your hike, it sounds wonderful!

HEY WENDY!!! :banana:

I recently have settled myself down and wondered back in here also

we are now residing in Phoenix Az...and enjoying it...I find myself working in half scale at the moment!!

good to see you when I do!!

nutti :D

• Like 1

Hi Tracy, thanks, nice to see you too.

Exactly KathieB, that's what it feels like!

Holly, I just wrote a PM (is it still called that) or quick message to Gayle to see how she is doing. Now I have to find out which dollhouses everyone is working on.

While working on the lattice of the Magnolia yesterday, got the pieces all painted and glued together when I realized one set is going in the opposite direction, now I'm going to have to try to get them apart without ruining it, is it worth the trouble? Or should I just leave it?

It's the littlest piece that fits at the corner of the porch on an angle.

Not three days into it, and already I've screwed up!

Hey nutti, so glad to see your building too, and I'm so looking forward to watching you work on your Grandville, when you get to it. I thought about starting a half scale kit but decided against it for now. Good luck with yours.

Wendy, if you have already painted the lattice before gluing it should pop apart with gentle persuasion more easily that mine did unpainted. I would have left it, but it stuck out like a sore thumb! I also had to take one of the drawers apart and rebuild it to get it to fit properly. A trick I learned long ago to get furniture drawers to work smoothly is to rub them with a bar of soap; it works on the McKinley's drawers, too.

Yep, I'm still here, just been lurking mostly. The BH and I aren't on good terms at the moment, she doesn't like my landscaping abilities. I prefer the build, not the rest. Hey, I even like to shingle so what does that tell you?

Welcome home Wendy!!! :bear:

Hi Gayle, Ohhh how I love your BH. I totally understand about the landscaping, the Madison and I finally worked out a deal. I'm never to do landscaping again besides the fact that I don't like it in RL and now I know I dislike it even more in miniature. Shingling, you and me both, and it tells me we're CRAZY! Thanks for the welcome and I'll talk to you soon.

Great to be back!

Wenlaine, I have to dig all the stuff upstairs and have it all together in one spot. I have been steadily cleaning out the basement that will eventually turn into the spidery MAN CAVE! LOL
I think I will sell on Etsy. The majority of the things I am going to sell are old and some are handmade. I want to streamline what I have, box it all together in totes, and then get going.
I have already taken three smaller full scale kits and stashed them under the bed for another day. Slowly getting there.