Hello! Lovely to be here!

MissMac

I'm Miss Mac. I live in the beautiful city of York in England, with my husband, 3 children, polydactyl cats, a spaniel and 4 chickens :D Life, as you can imagine, gets pretty busy.

I fell into dolls house and miniature things last summer when my lovely hubby bought me a kit to use as a set for a novel I was working on. That building is about 60% done now, but I've enjoyed it so much that house number 2 is arriving today and I'm wildly excited about it.

Nice to be here and to meet you all. I can see some familiar faces :)

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum!

Isn't building miniatures a great craft to get into? I'm not a kit builder, so I wouldn't have any advice or information to share, but there are too many skilled artisans on here to name.

Hello Miss Mac :)

We had a beautiful polydactyl cat. She's been gone a year and we miss her. She was quite the character.

This forum is a great place and you will no doubt enjoy everyone here. We would love to hear more about your houses and see pictures.

Welcome!

Morgan

Hello Miss Mac - welcome to the Greenleaf Family. So glad you found us. Isn't the Internet wonderful to bring us all together from so far away? I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your dollhouse, and I'd like to know more about your book - one that would require a dollhouse has got be very interesting! :bookread:

• Like 1

Thank you all for the very warm welcome (although you're probably going to regret asking for pictures today when I'm so excited :lol: )

Do I post pics in my gallery? Trying to see what goes where here - don't want to get it wrong!

The book will make more sense with the pics. The house is like a theatre set for the setting of the novel, if that makes sense. Lots left to do on it (the book and the house) but both are huge fun, and that's what it's all about anyway, isn't it? :)

Polydactyl cats are amazing. I'm sorry to hear you lost yours, Morgan. It's always such a blow - my wedding present cat died a couple of years ago (she was 17) and I don't think the gap has ever been filled. Clawdia, our kitten, loves exploring inside the dolls houses whenever she gets a chance! They do make me laugh :)

Our kitty, nicknamed 'thumbs' loved living in cupboards. We called her our cupboard dweller. When I first met my husband and visited his house I was in the bathroom and a drawer began to slowly open. Then, this GIANT cat paw appears from the cupboard below. Good thing I was already sitting down :)

Once you've made 5 posts you can start posting pictures to your gallery. I'm pretty sure. You should receive a welcome email that tells you a bunch of that kind of stuff. I think :) Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 5

Welcome to the neighborhood!

So is this your first book, or have you written others? What kit or plan is your first house, and what did you just get?! :bounce:

You'll discover many of us here are voracious about reading as well as anything dollhouse! :)

Hi, great to have you join the group! :welcome:

I have a siamese kitty, a parrotlet, and a poodle. The raccoons killed my chickens last year; I hatching some chicks this spring.

I'm looking forward to seeing your build.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome :) Debora - I write a lot, but most of it ends up gathering dust under the bed. I'm coming to the end of the novel I got a distinction for in my MA and that one will head off to agents and publishers - if I can keep my nerve. I'm building a Dolls House Emporium Mountfield for the set for that one and that was the thing that got me hooked on mini-ing. I'll see if I can get some pics uploaded to my gallery later today.

My new one is a unique build and is a Tudor bookshop, although it has some beautiful Georgian bow windows in the main shop and some Victorian bits too. It's perfect for the story it belongs to - the story is fully drafted, but needs some work before it leaves my hands. It's been 'resting' for a couple of years and I'm ready to do some serious hacking to make it better. I've not yet tried to get a novel published, but some of my short stories have been. We'll see. I'm enjoying the whole thing anyway :)

All of this fitting round my day job and family, of course :lol:

Pics are up. Hopefully I've done it right. 2 albums - one is the outside of my Tudor bookshop, Gullivers; the other is of interior shots of Linton Lane. Had a bit of a problem with duplications, but I think I've deleted them now - or I hope so anyway!