Chicago 2013 -- Who's Attending??

Wow. I hope she makes it. I have been watching the weather since I am driving up Wednesday night and then making a round trip to Indy and back up to the show Friday to pick up my wife. Friday looks a little "iffy," but the weekend looks good.

Okay...spent way too much money today at the wholesale show. I went over to the retail side for a sneak peak, but the only folks setting up were from the wholesale side. I am still looking forward to this weekend!

:banana: We've been in full road trip prep mode here today. The kiddo, house and kitties are all set for their sitter and but for the things I'll need to get ready in the morning, our bags are packed. I know I'll forget to bring something, I always do.

The weather is looking iffy for the drive early in the morning, but I expected that. Every single time I've made this trip it's poured rain and been pretty windy. We will take it slow and steady :)

The weather was iffy last night and earlier today. Lots of flooding. To top it off, I drove through rain for three of the four hours home.

The 3 Blind Mice Show was in full swing tonight, and I made it through there in just a few hours. There were vendors all over the place, so be sure to follow all the signs. There is also a private bus running between the Bishop Show and 3 Blind Mice on a regular schedule so you can see them both, even if you don't have a car. :D

• Like 1

I didn't make it to the 3 Blind Mice show but I got to see and talk to Jeremy and Sherry Colvin from the forum. The bishop show was really nice and I bought 2 room boxes from Eric Goddard and two 1/144th scaled kits a some flower kits. I only went Yesterday. I'm sorry I missed meeting You Greg, Brea and Cyd!

• Like 2

I may be back up for the 3BM show in June, but will definitely be back up in August for the next Bishop show. Sorry I missed you, too.

• Like 1

Thanks, Greg! It was a fun weekend! I'm sitting out the remaining Bishop show day today...and am just about to post some of my goodies here. I already have them up on my blog if you just can't wait. :D Let me know if you come to any of the Chicago shows...you know I'll be there.

UPDATE: pics are now up in these albums: Haunted Heritage, The Artist's Studio, the Brownstone and Misc Minis.

• Like 2

Thanks, Greg! It was a fun weekend! I'm sitting out the remaining Bishop show day today...and am just about to post some of my goodies here. I already have them up on my blog if you just can't wait. :D Let me know if you come to any of the Chicago shows...you know I'll be there.

UPDATE: pics are now up in these albums: Haunted Heritage, The Artist's Studio, the Brownstone and Misc Minis.

You got some great items (and I peaked at your blog before leaving the hotel this morning). I am going to try to get some pictures up tonight. I spent $2 on one tiny item and I am going to create an entire build from it. A few items I bought are for the HBS Creatin' Contest, so I will have to wait to post those. It was a great weekend with some wonderful finds. Next time I want to spend a little more time visiting (and learning).

It was great to be able to meet you & your wife in person, Greg; thank you again for everything. I'm so happy we were able to get together, hooray for technology! I swear I saw Tracy, but wasn't sure and then of course I got sidetracked and (whoever I saw) was gone :( Another time.

Ill be sure to keep an eye out for Cyd's blog post, I'm curious what she brought home.

Looks like tomorrow will be sunny, so I will get pics up of my finds as well :)

• Like 2

It was great to be able to meet you & your wife in person, Greg; thank you again for everything. I'm so happy we were able to get together, hooray for technology! I swear I saw Tracy, but wasn't sure and then of course I got sidetracked and (whoever I saw) was gone :( Another time.

Ill be sure to keep an eye out for Cyd's blog post, I'm curious what she brought home.

Looks like tomorrow will be sunny, so I will get pics up of my finds as well :)

I just sent you a PM. You, Brae and Cyd have now helped me in getting Renee interested in minis. She still doesn't want anything to do with building, but will decorate whatever I build. I showed her the blogs you three do such a great job of sharing and she loved your work. We thought it was great meeting all of you and Jeremy. We were sorry to miss Tracy and any other forum members that attended.

Looking forward to the next time! (Ann Arbor? -- Chicago June?? -- Chicago August???)

I have to agree, that globe inlay is magnificent..all the floors are breathtaking.

Yes they are, especially in person! I wasn't able to make it up there, but Jeremy stopped in Atlanta on the way up and I met him and his houses there! Beautiful! It was amazing to see the entire house at once, instead of little snippets of pictures.

• Like 2

Next time we'll all have to plan a Greenleaf Forum members meeting or something. Maybe dinner? It was great to see Brae, Tracy in Atlanta and Tracy from Wisconsin, Greg, April (love the great photos you took!) and so many others.

• Like 1