Laser Dollhouses as seen on Ebay (made in NC)

DHGranny

post-5559-0-24177700-1364932538_thumb.jpMy hubby bought me two of their 1/2" scale kits,the Leon Victorian and the Victorian Farmhouse.they arrived today.

For anyone that has been thinking of ordering or curious regarding the quality...well,I'll still in shock.The quality is perfect,I have posted some pics in my gallery.The man that owns this small business is easy to get along with,I emailed him about his ebay store and the shipping prices...he nicely referred me to his website where the kits were on sale for 20% off plus you get a free gazebo kit and the shipping quotes were slightly better.

Check out my pics...this guy and his kits are unbelievable !!!!!!

April

Karin,I didn't know what to do...hubby let me choose and I wanted the Mountfield (DHE) but it is 1" scale so I decided to get two of these and they were cheaper.When they arrived I was just flabbergasted...beautiful.When I start I will post pics.Right now I'm still on the Arrow NOT 10 room dream house......

• Like 1

I got the Leon half scale for Christmas. Been working on it here and there. The owner is great - there was some trim that I liked that came with the kit. I contacted the owner and he made up some for me to buy.

I really like the kit, however it does not go together as smoothly as what i had hoped. I cut the tabs off most of the pieces as they ddi not sit right, but I guess these things happen with tab/slot houses.

I have been curious about these too the Leon gothic calls to me.

Even with the few mishaps, I would still buy it again. The kits are so different than what is out there. I have pictures on my blog - here is the link to the posts that have the Leon pictures in them. I have been working on the exterior yesterday and about to start adding the magic brick.(first time I have used it - wish me luck). Hope to update with more pics tonight.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have built three Laser Design Dollhouses. They are wonderful houses to build, and easy to assemble. I build in quarter scale, and it is difficult to find such quality in this scale. My favorite is the Ashley Gothic Victorian House. Trying to post pictures, no luck. Here is a link instead http://www.normanscountrycreek.com/theashlyn.html

Trying to post pictures, no luck. Here is a link instead http://www.normanscountrycreek.com/theashlyn.html

You have to have 5 posts before you can access the album features.

Your work is wonderful. Love that tiny Garfield. I can't imagine how you decorated it inside. Did you make the furniture and accessories?

I have the full scale and have troubles with that. You must have tiny fingers and really good eyes.

Laser Dollhouse Designs orginial name for the house Ashley Gothic Victorian house. I usually give my houses a name, something I feel fits the house. So I renamed it Ashlyn Gothic Victorian Mansion. Sorry for the confusion. You will also find this house on Pinterest. It is my house.

• Like 1

That isn't the man who owns this site, is he? www.laserdollhouses.com/

I am a little concered. Can you make miniature houses of the Garfield and the Beacon Hill like that? Isn't that copyright infringement?

Anyway, in regards to the site I posted, you guys may notice a house there called the Lisa. That is named after our own Lisa_F who suggested the design. SHe is too modest to mention it, but I ain't!

• Like 1

I see,Kristie-I'm so sorry,I thought it was a typo,maybe,as I didn't realize that is your house! Okay,even more awesome! :D

But,yes,we all (And I'm saying 'we' and 'all'-I am not pointing fingers at any one person! ;)) should always include the original model name of our kit-made dollhouses in our photos,just in my opinion,so anyone searching for that particular house model can find it.

When searching our galleries here for certain houses,I have been shocked at how many do not give the model name,just a builder's name for their project. Such as,I think it should say 'Buttercup' or 'Orchid',or whatever, somewhere so the search feature will 'find' it...just my opinion and waaaay off topic again! But,years down the road,it will matter to some new dollhouse lover!! :)

Ok, Help me out here, since I am new to forums, not sure of the correct etiquette. When I post a house I have built, I need to use the name I have given it, along with the original name of the house and also give credit to the kit designer.

Folks are allowed to name their albums and houses any way they want. There is no hard and fast rule about it.

It's just a courtesy issue to use your own name and the trademark name for ease of folks searching and enjoying looking at the builds.

If I was referring to the Buttercup, for example, that I had made into a tea house for bunnies, I could label it this way:

Cottontail's Tea House - Buttercup

Buttercup is a Greenleaf (GL) trademark name so I don't think you'd need to say Greenleaf or GL in the title. You can mention in your description who or where you purchased it from. We usually like to give credit to the artists/creators plus it gives other folks the knowledge of where to go to get that model if they should like to have one also.

Selkie,I didn't mean to sound rude or trying to lay down rules. Everybody knows,I cannot even put my own album up yet! But,as one who likes to locate as many versions of the dollhouses I like as possible,it would just be easier if they had the name of the model in the text or title of the photo...The search function won't know it's a specific model if the wording is not given. But again,you are so right-it's up to the individual to do it whatever way they want. I was just thinking of the future dollhouse builders that will come here months and years from now looking for information and views of certain dollhouse makes. After all,there are albums here that are already several years old....