Favorite Half Scale by Greenleaf

morgansmith

Ok holly, I ran your suggestion by everyone (the whole family pretty much) and what we came up with was ask holly's opinion on whether I should consider eliminating a front window. I like the idea of the fireplace being so visible since I'm thinking of a Christmas Cabin. Gotta have those stockings hanging by the fire :) Anyone else? What do you think? I want to see the front door from both sides, keep both bays and add a stone fireplace. Where?

If you aren't planning to keep the stairs (in order to "see the front door from both sides") you could build your fireplace anywhere along the open back edge and have a second floor hearth as well, and then make your chimney with a douple flue. Closing off a front window is going to destroy the house's symmetry as bad as eliminating one of the bays; at least the exterior of the fireplace would bump out on the lide opposite the remaining bay.

If you leave in the stairs and close in the back of them you could put your parlor stove (or a free-standing wood stove) behind the stairs.

I loved the Chantilly when I first saw it. When I put her together, I was not happy with it anymore because of the layout. She sat in my closet for almost 2 years. I recently pulled her out and redid the whole thing.

I was also lucky enough to come across the Victorianna. Altered that kit also. Still have my eye for another. Love that they are half scale AND hang on the wall!

This is my Chantilly make over

post-3165-0-03002400-1368182952_thumb.jp

post-3165-0-33755200-1368182963_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I loved the Chantilly when I first saw it. When I put her together, I was not happy with it anymore because of the layout. She sat in my closet for almost 2 years. I recently pulled her out and redid the whole thing.

I was also lucky enough to come across the Victorianna. Altered that kit also. Still have my eye for another. Love that they are half scale AND hang on the wall!

I think you did a great job! I really like the beam ceilings on the second floor with the attic space removed (I'm planning something like this when I get around to doing mine) and I love the porch extensions. Good luck in the UU contest!

Awwww...thank you, Morgan! I had so much fun with my Harry Potter Diana and it is so nice to hear that people have enjoyed looking at it! :D

I started my half-scale adventures with the lighthouse. It was a fun build but way too quick and easy for me at the point that I was at in terms of building expertise. I needed more of a challenge.

Enter the Diana. All the laser cut trim was so wonderful. And the house was a perfect, sweet size for the tea shop I envisioned. But, yet again, the project went too quickly despite stonework and trying to make a lot of my own furniture....

So then I moved on to the Rosedale. Like Emily, I also bashed it....but up a level to create another floor and then down a level to create a huge basement/metro. So...what 1:24 Greenleaf is next for me?

I desperately want/need the Beacon Hill in half scale...if only we could convince Dean to make it for us! :bigwink:

• Like 2

Lindsey, do you not hear your VanBuren screaming 'my turn'.

i hear him very loudly but I have 2 others kits i was working on, which are taking forever because I am not good at landscaping, I do something, don't like it tear it down, start over, its never ending
  • Like 1

It would be nice to have a half scale Willowcrest or Beacon Hill. But, what I want is a Victorianna. We were told years ago that is was to be released and when I emailed about it in October, I was told to check in March. It's May now and I 've sent another email. Maybe if I keep it up they'll either get tired of me or take pity, I don't care as long as the Victorianna is re-released. Please, please, pretty please.

• Like 1

I love the Fairfield.I love interesting floorplans and it has one.I'm just not really into "one room deep" houses.The FF has alot of potential :) I have built one and have #2 in the box.

And congratulations, Audra, for your win in the contest. It really looks great!