Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Hi Natalia, its lovely to see you over here. Good luck with your fling, I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride.

Hi, Jo. I guess, all roads lead to the Spring Fling, :banana:

May be you change your mind and will add one more project for this year?

• Like 1

I wish I had a highly guarded secret idea that I could leak hints about. The kit isn't speaking to me.

I looked at last years entries and there were so many creative ideas that people came up with that I thought I should have been able to figure out too, but I just drew a blank. I can't wait to see what y'all do this year.

I wish I had a highly guarded secret idea that I could leak hints about. The kit isn't speaking to me.

I looked at last years entries and there were so many creative ideas that people came up with that I thought I should have been able to figure out too, but I just drew a blank. I can't wait to see what y'all do this year.

PM Holly. She's volunteered to brainstorm with people and to be a sounding board. There are a couple of others who also volunteered (check back through the thread, can't remember who) and PM them too. Then you'll have the advantage....BwaHaHa! :)

Do I or don't I???....Do I or don't I??? :pcwhack:

I just don't know. With two other contest kits (HBS and Miniature Collector), the fair entry (which will be done by next weekend) and trying to get the website going, I just don't know. I have a great idea, but I am still waiting for someone to ship me that box of extra time that I ordered.

I will have to give it some thought...

• Like 2

I am speaking only from decades of personal experience and not about anyone elses way of doing things but I believe I am not alone.

If you have a desire to participate but are feeling no inspiration, you buy the house, do a solid (extra masking tape) dry fit and PLAY. I have all kinds of things I use for testing a build. Something I don't even like takes on a whole new meaning when I can play with it. It is like you can coax a build into talking.

• Like 3

Getting really excited after reading all the posts :)This is such a great design...Ordered the main "cabin"...still deciding on what extras that may be needed. I have to say, I tossed around many ideas, but the one that keeps coming back is based on a movie called "_____ __________" --a bit of a thriller which will be perfect for Halloween deadline. I guess once it's in "dry fit", I'll know for sure if this is the way to go :)

Happy Flinging!

• Like 1

Just order mine. Hope real life doesn't get in the way and I can get it done this time!

Real life WILL get in the way. That's a given - you just have to purpose in your heart that you'll do it anyway.

If you don't believe that - look at my Spring Fling from 2010. I even entered that one technically unfinished.

Weird - yes !! but fun also - Yes !!

:surrender: Alright...getting the kit, have a plan...but no promises. :lol:

YEAH !!!!

Congrats Brae. A plan is all you need cuz we know how that works for you - Perfection !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do I or don't I???....Do I or don't I??? :pcwhack:

I just don't know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes Gonzo yes ... you can do it - there's always room for "just one more" !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now we are just waiting for Jo and Teresa and - and - and - and - and ....

Come on everyone, it's the ideal time to buy an inexpensive kit and accessories with great shipping deals. You can even save the kit for later in the worst case scenario.

Oh and by the way, I don't work for GL promo dept., I just want everyone to enter so we have more and More and MORE fantabulous eye candy, not to mention all the cool camaraderie while we Fling !!!

I really wish I had a workshop this year!

You really gotta get that man of yours going on this workshop project, Holly.

Doesn't he realize that he could jeopardize your long term mental well being as well as that of all the GL forum members?

We need you building and contented with your mini's so you keep right on top of your game for you and all of the mini world.

• Like 1

Some one mentioned having a Jr. category. Dean did do that a few years back.

My guess is that there wasn't enough interest/entries to keep it going.

My grands haven't officially entered the SF but we have had a few of the SF kits for them to build.

They have pictures in my gallery of other builds they have created along the way.

We are considering getting a kit for one of them this year but haven't quite made the commitment yet.

I have never participated in the Spring Fling, but I love this kit just as it is! It looks like a beach house to me, and it is screaming for me to get it and just make it a beach house! That would be totally boring, but I think I might just do it. I can just see my little doll, Isabelle, sitting on the deck sipping a cool drink!

• Like 1

Okay everyone who is stuck for idea ...

I just typed in - one room house - in Google images.

If you try that, you should have a trillion ideas by the time you are done looking at all the pages and plans it brings up.

I'm sure there are more effective ways to search but this blew me away with more ideas than I can use in a lifetime.

Of course, since I am already old, that statement is clearly relative :prop:

Dean can you tell us the Interior dimensions so we can start planning?

Assembled Dollhouse Dimensions:
Size: 15.5" W x 15.125" D x11.5" H

how much of this space is porch?

• Like 1

Okay, now that I know what the basic kit is, I've got my idea. It's one that's been rattling around in my head for the past couple years and never had the right kit to do it with, but I think this will do. I don't know if anyone will recognize the kit afterwards, but that's OK, I will have a lot of fun with this one! :bear: (No, it doesn't involve bears...)

• Like 1

I have never participated in the Spring Fling, but I love this kit just as it is! It looks like a beach house to me, and it is screaming for me to get it and just make it a beach house! That would be totally boring, but I think I might just do it. I can just see my little doll, Isabelle, sitting on the deck sipping a cool drink!

It would NOT be boring! You should do it! I'd like to do that too and if I had the room I would. :)

• Like 1

Okay, now that I know what the basic kit is, I've got my idea. It's one that's been rattling around in my head for the past couple years and never had the right kit to do it with, but I think this will do. I don't know if anyone will recognize the kit afterwards, but that's OK, I will have a lot of fun with this one! :bear: (No, it doesn't involve bears...)

No bears?! :(

Mine might have bears.....

The idea(s) that is setttling is going to a tall one to achieve... :wub: but fun as it will give me some challenges I have wanted to try for a while.

Hugs

It's a great simple shape that lends itself to anything from ancient to old world to vintage to modern. :ohyeah: That's as much as I am going to say. :lol:

Yes, whoever gets theirs first...please give us the interior dimensions! :yes:

Just placed my SF order-- and took a big plunge and ordered the half-scale Rosedale too. :unsure: I have been thinking about this house, and about half-scale, for years! (That tells you how long it takes me to get around to something... :p )

• Like 2

I really wish I had a workshop this year!

Would cutting off his end of the table help to get the message across to him? No work shop equals no hot meals?

Hiding under the desk so Holly can't see me.