Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

...I´d like to create a cosy wooden hut like this one room Swedish house (reminds me of summer holidays in beautiful Sweden when I was a kid).

Haven´t decided on a purchase yet though, will have to check out postage and custom charges first (fear they might be high)

post-28162-0-13801300-1368295119_thumb.j

• Like 1

Claudia, that house certainly looks VERY familiar! Have a few of look-alikes i n my area here in Sweden.

Hope you'll join in!

Hugs

Love the kit and whole set up. Dean & Co. knock it out of the park... again! :banana: Haven't been mini-ing as much these days (although I do ALWAYS tend to 'think' in that direction), so think I'll sit back and enjoy the show, but oh my, what a show it promises to be. :D

I do have an idea or two rolling about...but, I never seem to hit the finish line anymore. Too much pressure - not enough space, not enough 'gumption'..not enough 'sumpthin' lol.

2012 SF is STILL languishing, begging to be finished after-all..<sigh> Need another project like another hole in my head.

But, who knows...I may succumb to the 'beast' yet. It IS a hard, HARD habit to quit.

Have fun all you Flingers!!

Just placed my SF order-- and took a big plunge and ordered the half-scale Rosedale too. :unsure: I have been thinking about this house, and about half-scale, for years! (That tells you how long it takes me to get around to something... :p )

Yeah, another half scale Rosedale builder! :)

Okay all you enablers, I'm in. I was reconsidering because its not half scale, but I sat down with DH to have a preliminary design conference :lol: and decided to use this house to try out some techniques I haven't done yet, so it will be an experiment! I love to experiment! :yes:

• Like 6

I've already gotten a PM. LET THE FLING BEGIN!!!

I'll start flinging as soon as the thing I'm supposed to fling arrives LOL

• Like 2

For those who want a 1:24 scale build, there's no law that says you can't fill in the 1:12 door & window spaces, install a floor and divider walls and cut new windows & doors and make the kit a 1:24 house (just sayin'...)

• Like 1

For those who want a 1:24 scale build, there's no law that says you can't fill in the 1:12 door & window spaces, install a floor and divider walls and cut new windows & doors and make the kit a 1:24 house (just sayin'...)

I did that last year and am really glad. I love my 1/2 scale barn and this kit could be all kinds of 1/2 scale treats :)

Okay everyone who is stuck for idea ...

I just typed in - one room house - in Google images.

If you try that, you should have a trillion ideas by the time you are done looking at all the pages and plans it brings up.

I'm sure there are more effective ways to search but this blew me away with more ideas than I can use in a lifetime.

Of course, since I am already old, that statement is clearly relative :prop:

I did this to just for ideas even thou I am pretty set on what I am building.

End of the day and this new take on things took off completely. It's going to hopefully include some really fun things. I love this part. My Fling journal is growing and growing. All kinds of ideas. So far this year is a new experience in that my original idea keeps morphing not changing completely.

I've never finished a spring fling project in time for the deadline. makes me wanna fling the loganberry mill and the downhill ski shop right out the window. BUT reading this thread gets me all excited and i want to do this year's too...

• Like 1

Fabulous kit and add on things!!!!

I have no room and am frantically culling my houses and trying to incorporate all I have into 3 buildings....

Converting this to 1/24th is a very very very tempting idea!!!! ❤

• Like 1

Jeffrey, why not bash all your SF kits into one humongous build, or else make a village of quaint shops?

The downhill ski shop is going to become The Leaky Cauldron and the Loganberry is going to become Borgin & Burke's and I'm making my Orchid into Honeydukes. All from Harry Potter so I'll end up having a village of quaint wizard shops :lol:

• Like 3