Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Dean can you tell us the Interior dimensions so we can start planning?

Assembled Dollhouse Dimensions:

Size: 15.5" W x 15.125" D x11.5" H

how much of this space is porch?

The interior is just under 15.25" wide and 12" deep.

• Like 2

Well, I've gone and done it. I've chosen the 2013 Spring Fling for my first dollhouse project. i've been so inspired by many of the blogs I've seen and winners from past years that I've been bitten hard by the bug!

Just got the email that it's shipped (whew! that was fast) so I'm looking forward to getting it and putting all of these ideas to use!

Can't wait to see everyone else's creations!

• Like 7

well I had hoped that I would be able to build my ------house and I CAN!! I saw it and wanted all of what I saw...so Fabulous! But I could only get the main part

which is fine because it fits in perfectly with what I want to do...as if someone was reading my mind....so as soon as I finish My Jaxon's Volcano super hero hideout I am starting this fun project which started out in my mind looking one way and now is going in another direction with a few tweaks....but still my original plan....

hows that for clues.... :batman:

:banana::bounce8::banana:

• Like 2

My DH and daughter gently reminded me that I have no less than nine other builds already in line ... not to say this one won't happen, but it'll definitely mean pushing some others to the back if I do. Bummer! I had a really cool idea for this one, too.

• Like 1

My DH and daughter gently reminded me that I have no less than nine other builds already in line ... not to say this one won't happen, but it'll definitely mean pushing some others to the back if I do. Bummer! I had a really cool idea for this one, too.

As all the GL enablers would say: Where is the problem here? Only 9? Piece of cake ....

• Like 1

So glad you are able to be in on the SF this year.

I love watching you build and it's been a long time since we have been able to "watch".

I was still a lurker when I was watching most of your builds.

Yeah !!! Can't wait.

SHIPPED!!! WOOT!!! :banana:

winning of course would be fun but participating after so many yrs out of the zone! yea babah!! :beer:

• Like 2

I thought you were going to say bummer for the extra projects!

Well, I've gone and done it. I've chosen the 2013 Spring Fling for my first dollhouse project. i've been so inspired by many of the blogs I've seen and winners from past years that I've been bitten hard by the bug!

Just got the email that it's shipped (whew! that was fast) so I'm looking forward to getting it and putting all of these ideas to use!

Can't wait to see everyone else's creations!

Welcome to the forum!

Only nine?

I am still on the fence waiting to see which way I fall. I haven't participated in a SF. I already know what I want to do and I ran it past my local design team and got a "thumbs up" from all. I am arguing with myself, though, as I was out in the garage today looking at my "stable" of rehabs and kits. I updated my inventory list (it's a long list) and now I just need to think on it for a bit.

The laser cut kit is a great choice for a first build. Welcome to the SF party *here's your honorary happy dance* :banana:

I saw somewhere how the kit is only partially laser cut. Some pieces are saw cut because they are easy ones, or some such. I'm looking forward to seeing a comparison. I've assembled both kinds and didn't mind saw cut but it seems that all the cuts that matter should be laser cut. Just like the fling!

The difference between saw cut and laser cut would, IMO, be one of expense to produce in quantity; it's still going to be different from die-stamped.

Well it got me too!!! More correctly, you guys got me, with all the fun and banter that goes on. Mine has been shipped. I'll just see where it goes as I have trouble getting things to look like what my mind envisions. But first things first. I know I can open the box!!!!

• Like 3

I spent some time sketching out "the kit's plan" and my plan yesterday while waiting for the grands at sports.

The kit's plan is by far the easier build and most "regular" in concept but I just DON'T WANT TO DO IT !!!!! (stamping feet and sticking out tongue)

I want to do mine! My idea is so way cooler and fresh and new for my style of building.

This is the first time I've ever had this problem.

They take way different amounts of supplies so just plain basic ordering is impossible at this point.

I need to be able to use the shipping feature. I don't have endless $$'s to do this.

My idea is way cheaper while "the kit's" idea takes multiple parts.

The grands want to do some too, so that means ordering some parts for them too.

So-o-o-o, it would seem that going with MY idea would be by far the most logical but this kit is screaming SO loud, I'm surprised that all of you aren't hearing the whole fight.

Ack-ck-ck-ck-ck

Help please - what would you do?

• Like 2

well....I'm in.....oh god here we go. what did i get myself into.... :D

Placing my order tomorrow. :bounce:

I just really hope i can pull it off the way i see it in my head and pull it off by Halloween. I've gotta figure out how to do the _________ and the _________ and I'll have to find a nice little ___________ to really complete the scene which should be tough to find. At least I'll be using some of the furniture in my stash and i won't have to buy too much extra stuff.

• Like 1

I spent some time sketching out "the kit's plan" and my plan yesterday while waiting for the grands at sports.

The kit's plan is by far the easier build and most "regular" in concept but I just DON'T WANT TO DO IT !!!!! (stamping feet and sticking out tongue)

I want to do mine! My idea is so way cooler and fresh and new for my style of building.

This is the first time I've ever had this problem.

They take way different amounts of supplies so just plain basic ordering is impossible at this point.

I need to be able to use the shipping feature. I don't have endless $$'s to do this.

My idea is way cheaper while "the kit's" idea takes multiple parts.

The grands want to do some too, so that means ordering some parts for them too.

So-o-o-o, it would seem that going with MY idea would be by far the most logical but this kit is screaming SO loud, I'm surprised that all of you aren't hearing the whole fight.

Ack-ck-ck-ck-ck

Help please - what would you do?

What will you be happy with when the fling is all over - go on, kick that kit into submission.

If its really causing you a problem, order 2 kits and do both - or let the grandkids do one.

• Like 1

well....I'm in.....oh god here we go. what did i get myself into.... :D

Placing my order tomorrow. :bounce:

I just really hope i can pull it off the way i see it in my head and pull it off by Halloween. I've gotta figure out how to do the _________ and the _________ and I'll have to find a nice little ___________ to really complete the scene which should be tough to find. At least I'll be using some of the furniture in my stash and i won't have to buy too much extra stuff.

Don't you believe it Jeff, these kits can be so demanding, it will probably stamp its feet until you get it some swishy furniture and a few "must haves"

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you so much!! It's all so exciting! I spent hours last night dreaming up my build and I can't wait til it gets here and I get to start figuring things out.

Pinterest has become my new best friend! (Oh, and these forums!) :D

• Like 1

Don't you believe it Jeff, these kits can be so demanding, it will probably stamp its feet until you get it some swishy furniture and a few "must haves"

oh im sure It will. I know how they can be! but my idea and I went shopping last night through the pieces I have hanging around and it demanded them. so all the better. :D

• Like 1

Apparently I'm in whether I'll have time or not...I've already sorted out a box of components, lights and furnishings. I've also worked on some of those components...and the kit hasn't even arrived. :lol:

• Like 2