Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

I saw somewhere how the kit is only partially laser cut. Some pieces are saw cut because they are easy ones, or some such. I'm looking forward to seeing a comparison. I've assembled both kinds and didn't mind saw cut but it seems that all the cuts that matter should be laser cut. Just like the fling!

Yep, that' s right in the description of the main kit :) It's not die cut, so should still eliminate that pesky pop & sand step :D

I know that it seems impossible to get a laser cut dollhouse kit for this price, but we were determined to make it happen, so this years kit is a bit of a hybrid… the detailed parts are laser cut while the simple parts like the porch are just sawed. Using a corrugated roof as we did in previous years, also helped keep the price down

• Like 1

Selkie, I never had any luck trying to build a kit "my" way once it started talking!

I've never tried to force a kit. They speak so loud, imagine the screams if you held them down and did it your way anyway. I would NOT want to experience that :)

So, here sits an idea for the build that absolutely will not go away. I can even justify bumping this up on my list of wannados, but I can't figure out where to put the blessed thing once I'm done with it! Does anybody know where one might donate the SF once it's finished? It would be such fun to build it that I don't mind giving it up after October, but I'm not sure who would want it. Ideas?

Oh dear Lauren, your question is easy. There is ALWAYS someone wanting a nice dollhouse. Depending on the build, a local charity that raises money through auctions would have great potential. Watch your newspaper. It has tons of stories of deserving sources.

Ok I want to join in the fun too! Time to commit. I hope I can meet the deadline. I have a theme picked but the design keeps changing :)

Don't worry. Get it in dry fit, play and the kit will speak to you. Dollhouses are rather helpful that way.

Okay, I'm in! Too much fun not to join in. And, for those still seeking inspiration, it won't be a boardwalk candy store or Margaritaville ... :bigwink:

Mine shipped too! :) and I'm not doing a mining camp. :)

Okay now I have three ideas to go along with church, skyscraper, factory, basketball arena and Barbie Malibu Dream House. I hate making decisions. :D

• Like 1

This is so weird. I changed my mind on what I'm doing a couple days ago. Now that I'm so sure, I'm in no hurry to order. I just figure it's time to start making stuff like the _____, ________ ______ and ______. I mean, I don't need my kit to do that, right?

Well, I just checked and mine will be here today!! I'm hoping the mailman delivers early, because I can't wait to get my mitts on it. :D

• Like 2

This is so weird. I changed my mind on what I'm doing a couple days ago. Now that I'm so sure, I'm in no hurry to order. I just figure it's time to start making stuff like the _____, ________ ______ and ______. I mean, I don't need my kit to do that, right?

I don't know, I went ahead and ordered, because even though I think I've got it figured out, these houses have a way of insisting you do what they want! With everything going on in my RL right now, I thought it prudent to order so I can put together a building plan so I can complete the project on time. I mean, I'd hate to submit a half finished project....

Hmmm. That would be interesting...an intentionally half completed house!....or maybe a house that is one half one theme and the other half another theme.....:)

• Like 1

Whee! Wow, there are a TON of us this year. I hope none of you are making a ________, too. Hahahaha!! :cheers:

Well mine sort of looks like a _______________!

I am missing doing this also! But maybe next year. It is going to be a long time until Halloween when I can see some eye candy. Still open for anyone to talk to. PM me if you need help or just to talk things out.

I personally think UPS tracking numbers should link to a GPS website so I can watch my SF kit roll about town on the way to my house. :yes:

I think that's the best idea I've ever heard!

• Like 1