Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

my poor long suffering DH and I have been talking about ----- and we would do ----- and this is what we know for sure....we are super thankful to be living in this new monster house so we will have room for this thing when its done....LOL...I keep trying to downsize it and he keeps getting more elaborate...

Im eager to see who wins and how we will achieve it!!

and it wont live on a board walk......although I had several ideas for such a thing!!

• Like 1

Why am I not impatient? I KNOW what I am doing. I can't wait to start. I plan to order on Friday and hopefully get to start the next weekend. I think it helps having my lovely Beacon Hill suggesting I work on her for a bit.

I've been playing with all kinds of ideas. How to make the things I want. When the kit finally does get here she'll have alot to try on.

When I got up today my kit was sitting on the front porch sreaming to be let in. Guess that means fling time at my house, I know I should wait 2 wks til the niece is here to do hers as well, but I just can't wait that long.

• Like 2

It's a magical time of year. Dollhouses are whisking across the states to find their builders... :)

And flying over the ocean....

Hugs

• Like 4

Mine should be here tomorrow. Family's visiting so there's a farewell dinner tomorrow night, dentist Saturday morning, then i'll be under the car changing my brakes, followed by removing all my 5 of my wheels and applying a finish coat of paint on my rims (I've been in motor-head mode instead of mini mode the past few months). Busy weekend so it looks like I won't be flinging until Sunday, but at least all the custom work I've been doing on my car will finally be finished and I can focus on on building my ________________!

• Like 1

So this is my first time doing a Fling and I was curious about rules to the contest.

Is there a limit to how much you can bash the kit and change the structure?

Also, are these creations supposed to be kept a secret until after the contest?

I'm so excited. I dry fit the pieces together last night and then woke up this morning with some inspiration, so spent some time before work trying some different things.

• Like 1

I don't think there's any limit in bashing as long as the judges can tell that you used the original kit. You don't have to keep it a secret but its more fun to hold out for the big reveal.

• Like 1

oh I don't know what to do.

I was not going to do the SF if it was 1:12 and the basic house is a little like last years, and my boyfriend says no, and I dont have anywhere to put it, and I'm still working on finishing last years...... but someone said about bashing it to a small scale, then my boyfriend said something about it which gave me an idea and now i have a few ideas rolling around in my head.....

what am I going to do... :sad?::sad?::sad?:

• Like 1

oh I don't know what to do.

what am I going to do... :sad?::sad?::sad?:

Oh that's easy ... why order one of course !!!

You can never have too many kits in your stash.

Any besides, creative ideas won't be quiet and go away. They keep hollering until they get what they want !!

• Like 1

stomps feet! want my kit yesterday! lol...it will be here on Monday....

So this is my first time doing a Fling and I was curious about rules to the contest.

Is there a limit to how much you can bash the kit and change the structure?

Also, are these creations supposed to be kept a secret until after the contest?

no rules other than the basic shell has to be used...bash away bash away....LOL

we have incredible talent here on this forum so there is NO telling what they will come up with....

some like to keep it all secret for the big reveal....others talk about theirs freely and ask technique questions...SF is a great time to try new things...spread your wings and see where the wind blows!

Im ready Mr Postman!

• Like 1

This is getting ridiculous. I still like ideas 1 and 2 and now I have a THIRD idea. Once again, we have an extremely versatile kit here. I want to order tomorrow but how can I do that when I don't know what I want? I figure pretty much that I will place a basic order and order extras later. Hmmmm......

I spent the weekend deciding what I should build, then came in to work (no computer at home) and took another look at the kit and those ideas went out the window! I hopefully came up with something better! I love all of the new options and pieces parts. I just ordered today, so really I have no excuse not to finish it this time--since we have until Halloween?!? That just might be too much time for even me to procrastinate! I just can't let the past 4 unfinished SFs see this one coming in the door! There could be trouble!!

Happy Flinging to All!!

Tappy

• Like 1

It's been awhile..... Life has been too much and thankfully it is slowing to an end with school. :banana: I just got my kit today!!! I am so excited to get back into miniatures again!!!!! I have missed it so much!!!! I have an exciting idea, and it is fitting in with what I am working on in RL. Can't wait to dry fit!!! :bounce8: