Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Bash, bash, bash. Do what you want. The contest requires you use the base house @ 19.95, finish and submit photos by Halloween. The rules are black and white, nothing hidden. This means you do whatever you want to the kit and no one says you did it wrong. Then, every single one of us has the time of our lives seeing what everyone did.

And NO ONE ever tells what they are building. It is a huge part of the fun.

This is getting ridiculous. I still like ideas 1 and 2 and now I have a THIRD idea. Once again, we have an extremely versatile kit here. I want to order tomorrow but how can I do that when I don't know what I want? I figure pretty much that I will place a basic order and order extras later. Hmmmm......

I'd order all the add-ons because all of them can be used with this or any other build. I really like the boardwalk base and the fences - oh and the doors.

Okay - form a line to the right and one by one step up and turn in your ID - name, address, phone number, dollhouses you've built - This is a class-action lawsuit against all the enablers on this forum! :cops: I was not, repeat NOT, going to do the Spring Fling this year! :nono: I have avoided even reading this thread - until today! I also made the mistake of looking again at the picture of the kit at the top of this forum. I tried to just peek around a protective lead shield, :hidebhind: but it still got to me. IT TOLD ME WHAT IT WANTS TO BE!!

I just placed my order! :roflmao:

• Like 10

Okay - form a line to the right and one by one step up and turn in your ID - name, address, phone number, dollhouses you've built - This is a class-action lawsuit against all the enablers on this forum! :cops: I was not, repeat NOT, going to do the Spring Fling this year! :nono: I have avoided even reading this thread - until today! I also made the mistake of looking again at the picture of the kit at the top of this forum. I tried to just peek around a protective lead shield, :hidebhind: but it still got to me. IT TOLD ME WHAT IT WANTS TO BE!!

I just placed my order! :roflmao:

I'm warning you, we have the world's greatest attorney. He will laugh at you and tell you to 'grin and build it'. :)

Welcome to the insanity! I just changed my fling to idea 3! Why? Because my Mommy said so :) (I am 52)

• Like 2

My kit is scheduled to arrive only next Tuesday. 12 pounds of fun!

I am so enjoining reading about all your ideas, like this ________, and that _________. and don't forget about this one ___________!!!

I have a bunch of ideas as well but will stick to the first that came to my mind since it will be a personalized gift too.

Those who got the kits and did dry fit keep teasing, keep teasing! :victory:

My kit is scheduled to arrive only next Tuesday. 12 pounds of fun!

Natalia - are you on the yahoo microminis group? I recognize that teacup in your avatar :) And are you in Western WA or over near Leavenworth? I'm on the Peninsula, south of Bremerton.

Natalia - are you on the yahoo microminis group? I recognize that teacup in your avatar :) And are you in Western WA or over near Leavenworth? I'm on the Peninsula, south of Bremerton.

Claudia, we live in Spokane area.

There is a little story behind the project with that tea cup. You can read it here: http://www.scarletsailsminiatures.blogspot.com/2011/09/romantic-saga-108-everforever.html

This teacup has been made for my husband for 5 year anniversary. There is a number 108 above the front door of the house. The teacup was made in 2011. So, as you can see the old couple on the bench in front of the house it is my hubby and I when we are 108.

When my DH and I met it had been such crazy and passion time that we decided to be together forever and die when each of us is 108. Why 108? We both believe in Numerology and my number is 9, his - 7. So, if you add up the numbers in 108 it will be 9, and if you take 1 out of 8 it will be 7. Oh, don't laugh! Each of us has a little secret! And I probably would keep this little secret in the family if not the events that happened to us in real life recently.

Last month we finally bought a house. We found that house accidentally and fell in love with it from the first sight. It is located in the beautiful picturesque area and the previous owners took such care of it that we didn't need to do almost nothing to move in. It fit us perfect. We wanted that house sooo badly, but each day our loan officer called and asked more papers, more prove, etc... Finally, almost after a month we got good news, signed the papers and went to say Hi to the new home.

When we reached our mail box (never payed attention before) and looked at the address we simply couldn't believe what we saw. Do you want to know what the address is?

108 Whynot Drive.

We laughed and laughed and laughed. Accident?

May be if I build French castle as my next project it will come true too? Why not?

• Like 8

Natalia~ This is the story of my life and one of my greatest passions. That which is 'more than coincidence'. I think your story is beautiful and should be a cherished part of your houses history. It didn't 'just' happen. Our home has a special address and it means alot to me too.

• Like 2

Mine will arrive Mon. That will make a long day at work....... Already started making some items for areas of the DH :cheers: The rest will have to wait for the dry fit to figure out the final details.. Looking forward to this - Ought to be fun..

• Like 3

Natalia,what a touching story! I'm not doing the Fling this year,but i enjoy keeping up with everyone's anticipation of kit arrivals,and never expected to shed a tear-thank you for sharing!Kat

• Like 2

I contacted greenleaf about the cost of shipping to the UK. now its all sort and i have to wait for it to come.

while i wait i made a paper model of the base kit. I was surprised how big it was. then i started to bash it into my idea.

I hope the real kit doesn't take long to get here. last year it took 2 weeks.

Well, I bit the bullet and placed an order this morning. We looked it all over one last time last night and then I said, no, I'm going to sleep on the final decision just to be sure and here we are. Yikes!!

One grand is building with me this year and her idea is more complicated and required more components so it hit the pocketbook a bit sharper. I sure hope she follows thru with her idea.

It's a wonderful one but she has the same tendency her Gram does of getting sidetracked with too many projects going on at once and nothing ever getting finished. sigh ... It's those genes I tell ya.

So, I'm not going with the kit's idea.

I'll probably live to regret the decision but I just didn't want to build it that way.

I didn't want that build as part of my collection. (stamping feet and clenching teeth)

Unfortunately my daughter "saw" the same thing as the kit did when I had her take a look at the ad.

Uh-oh. I think there is a conspiracy going on.

But I really like MY idea cuz it's fresh and new and a style I've never done before.

Of course, finishing it will be a new thing too - hahahaha.

• Like 2

I'm just waiting for some funds to clear and then I can buy everything I need! I'm pretty excited about what this kit is going to turn into!

And most of it should be pretty straight forward!

Halloween is sure to be grand with the reveal of both the Flings and whether or not I pull off a good Black Widow! (We dress up with the kids in themes every year.... this year is Avengers, because my littlest LOVES Hulk and the oldest loves Iron Man)

• Like 3

The ideas keep coming! Not different ones. The ideas just build on my original plan. That's the best kind! So excited to start.

• Like 1

Wow I just got a notice that it is already shipped !!

I just ordered it this morning!!!

That was super fast processing.

Now the waiting begins until it arrives.

Love your teacup story, Natalia. I saw the cup on the MicroMinis Weekend website, and bookmarked your tutorial. I do a lot of teacup scenes and I really liked yours. I submitted pictures of one of my cups (my favorite). It's under the Exhibit 1 Teacup Scenes and is titled: A Tribute to my Grandmother. Glad you're on this forum also - so much easier to navigate! I miss a lot on the other one just because I can't follow the endlessly looping emails.

• Like 2

Well I totally see this house in three different ways... Guess I need three kits now ;)

:doh: afcourse, now that would have worked for me as well, as when wakimg up inthe middle of the night I had another idea from the kit.... Still have one that is more compellong than the others so far though.... It tells me it wats to be a f______ ___________ withlots of_______ dressing the ______ _________ along with a________ as a focal point..... ;)

Using the sketch pad, plotting anddiscarding ideas, now to see what I have in my stash allready....

Hugs

• Like 1

I loved last years fling but the design prevented me from going different directions. This years base kit is like a glorified room box. It can be taken just about anywhere. I love that quality in this kit. Home, business, modern, storybook, kind of small, kind of big...... Too big. I will build a 1" scale lighthouse probably next year and these will be my last 1". No more room :( Now I need to find a smaller scale contest that is this much fun :) Are there any out there? I'm thinkin' Greenleaf is the only place like it and I'll just have to start giving stuff away :)