Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

I have this general tall idea, then the "finish" sorts of goes back anf roth between with a special air... Soooo goint to love this build!!

Hugs

• Like 1

Summer holidays at home then this year Brae or you'll have to make up lots of mini projects to take with you for "downtime" Good luck doing 2 contests, I'd struggle to do one even with the extended timescale.

• Like 5

I placed my order Saturday. It doesn't show as shipped yet but I am going to hope for an arrival this week. Better yet, I'm going to hope I make up my mind what I want to do. Seriously. I bought a book Sunday that I planned to use for something else entirely. Right there in the very beginning is a picture of the Spring Fling. As in, identical. And it's NOT what I had planned. I'm getting a little frustrated with myself.

• Like 2

I can't wait to see what it looks like in RL.

I'll bet my ideas will morph and change along the way.

If we don't paint ourselves into a corner with being too set on something, it will be more challenging and more fun, I think.

Kit is opened and did a dry fit. This is my first experience with a Greenleaf kit. Had an embarrasing moment. I got in the mail one of the first things I ordered that needed transforming for my ___________. I emailed the company telling them I received something different. Their reply was a very kind and nice suggestion that I turn it over!! ( I had sent an attachment with my email) Sure hope this isn't an omen.

• Like 6

I have NEVER been so productive when it comes to minis. :pepper: I've never had my hands actually create exactly what I see in my head and go so smoothly. :bounce8: The inside of the basic house kit is as finished as it's going to get until my order comes from HBS. Then it's just painting/staining 2 windows, 2 ___________ and a door and I can move on to the custom __________ I'm building. Then the ________________, the ______________ and the exterior, Still so much to do like all the ___________... :fear:

OH! and the _____! :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear:

• Like 2

I am still waiting for my kit to arrive. For now I am drooling over the comments of the working process of those who has started SF2013 already.

I should admit that while reading your posts I've got the spirit and courage and decided to add a couple of more contests to my list, including HBS Cottage and Real Good Toys Bistro Challenge. The good thing about last one is that the deadline is in February 2014 and I should have time to finish it. At the same time my goal is to organize my minis that I collected over the years.

Mine is on the truck headed hopefully to my house today! I hope they find it! I can relate to those stories of UPS not finding the house--I got a box that was stamped that my address didn't exist one time too, but since I got it, they obviously found it!

I just ordered mine last Thursday the 16th--I just ordered some Fling things and some shingles for my half-finished Pierce I got at an auction. One time I ordered a laser cut house along with a die-cut and it took a little longer since I had to wait on the laser cut one to be lasered. Hope you don't have to wait much longer Morgan & Natalia. GL customer service is super nice--I had called when my order seemed stuck (waiting on the laser item)--and they were really helpful explaining the delay and when it would go out.

Tappy

• Like 1

I just checked the tracking on my package - it has only progressed from New York to Maine - is that really progress? It has to get all the way to the opposite coast! Supposed to arrive here next Tuesday. I'm not a happy camper about the delay on the micro kit I ordered 3 months ago - it just now got here and now I'll have two kits to focus on! I should have had the little one finished by now! :kicking: Now if I can just kick RL into the next county I can get some serious mini-ing done!

• Like 2

Got my kit, dry fitted, played with some sketches and it's decided it wants to be ____ ________ _________ instead of what I wanted. Totally different than I had planned on! I'll need every min of the time we have to make this vision even come close!

Tomorrow is ______ a _____ and making a ______. Then floors can start!

• Like 3

Went out of town this weekend to watch my daughter compete in her first state-wide gymnastics meet. So proud of her!!!!!! She won the floor exercise in her age group and came in fifth overall. When I got home, the kit had arrived! Life is very, very good. :D

• Like 7

Next time I travel I'm going to put a stamp on myself and park at the Post Office!! My kit arrived in the Springfield MA office (sorry, not ME) at 2:30 yesterday morning, apparently slid right out the back door and landed in Federal Way WA by 8:50 last night - AND ARRIVED HERE TODAY!! :banana:Who needs American Airlines???

• Like 1