Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Ours just arrived too. Came super fast. Thanks Dean and crew!

The participating grand has quickly done up a dry fit on hers.

Whoa is it huge !!!!

I had drawn it out ahead of time but the flat drawing didn't give me the visual that the 3D does.

Way bigger than I envisioned it was !!!!

I'm going to have to redo my idea completely I think.

Not sure it can work with something this big.

We'll see.

• Like 1

I am super surprised that some are waiting so long for kits. I ordered mine Sunday and it arrived today. I was excited when I ordered as I have 2 really interesting ideas...but now that I got it I am scared sh#*less as it has the most minimal directions (I downloaded extended directions for my first build, the orchid, right on this site). I have no idea what I am gonna do...I guess I will tackle it this weekend (even though the Orchid isn't quite finished)... :noway:

• Like 1

Order Sunday, arrive today? No fair! :) I ordered Saturday and as of this afternoon mine hadn't even shipped :( Then, I tried to change something on my account, messed up somehow and now I can't even access my account! :(:( Seriously, I had to wait to order, it's not shipping and I can't check my account. You know the story about a bad rehearsal means a beautiful wedding? I'm expecting this kit to deliver. After it gets delivered of course :)

• Like 2

Morgan, after I ordered my kit, I realized I forgot to order a few things and went back and, even today, I still cannot access the site. Whenever I go to purchase (check out my shopping cart) I get some weird error notice. Now I know I am lucky that I got my kit quickly, but I am wondering if something is wrong with the site. I was thinking about just calling and ordering...you might want to think about that soon. Good luck! I have looked your work and I am sure you are better off than I am, even without your kit!!! :D

• Like 1

Kim, you're a crack up. Trust me, 'operator error' is a term I've learned applies to me well. And as for my work.........thank you kindly but I am more passionate than talented. I just love the hobby.

My kit will arrive. In the meantime, I am doing lots of research and trying to solidify my idea. I hope you're right Selkie. That it's BIG. I need the room if I don't come up with something else :) Oh yea, and we're working on a fairy house. Lots of fun there. Yep. I'm working hard to be patient :)

• Like 4

I am super surprised that some are waiting so long for kits. I ordered mine Sunday and it arrived today. I was excited when I ordered as I have 2 really interesting ideas...but now that I got it I am scared sh#*less as it has the most minimal directions (I downloaded extended directions for my first build, the orchid, right on this site). I have no idea what I am gonna do...I guess I will tackle it this weekend (even though the Orchid isn't quite finished)... :noway:

This was my first build ever and it was extremely easy to put together. I don't even think I looked at the directions - it's pretty self explanatory.

Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

Whohoooooo, it is here :yay: and oh my isn't it a great kit?!?!? :wub: sooooo what I needed to come home to today!!!

Hugs

• Like 2

Lisa emailed me. My kit was shipped Monday. Tracking shows it has made its way all the way to Illinois and should be here next Tuesday. Having bought hundreds of items from ebay, dozens from New York (I am weird, I document every detail of every purchase for dollhouses), taking 8 days to get here is unheard of. 5 days should be the most. OBVIOUSLY my kit is already showing me that like it or not, things will be done its way. I promise........I will be patient and listen........just get here NOW! Pretty please?

• Like 1

Glad to hear that it's big, because my concept wouldn't have worked at all if it wasn't. Haven't started building it yet - I'm still working on the stuff to go inside. I was lucky to be able to buy a ______ on E-bay and a _______, ______, ________, and ___ full of _____ at a toy store over the weekend, but it looks as though I'm going to have to build a _______ from scratch, along with a huge ________ and about six ___________s, which means I'll need about four more ________s from Greenleaf. Glad we have until the end of October to get finished! When I did the 2011 Spring Fling I waited too long to build my furniture - don't want to make that mistake again.

• Like 2

My kit arrived and I am sooo excited! I did dry fit and surely more ideas came up, but I am not changing the main concept. This project will bring a lot of fun :ohyeah::ohyeah::ohyeah:

I know I will make a couple of cuts on_______, and __________., and will add________ to the _________.

Hopefully I will finish re-arranging my new craft room this weekend and then I will be lost in my own little world...

• Like 3

I learn new lessons every year and set new goals the next based on what I learned. I enjoy the different elements of the fling that make me a better and more creative builder. This year I have several goals which include finishing the structure more quickly and finishing one particular item first. I also want to learn to make _____ better and _____. As well as a very special _____ I have planned.

• Like 2

I got mine a week ago...its already been in a dry fit and it is PERFECT for my project!!!

and I just figured out how I was going to -------- oops cant say but Im glad I have all summer to work on it...

after this volcano we built I am super excited to see how it all turns out!!!

:banana::batman::banana:

and now how does someone find out how to do this and that and not give out hints what they are doing??? :blahblah1:

let the games begin! :bear:

thanks Holly...I got your reply and I am wrapping my head around your suggestion for my _____. I may be contacting you again... You are very cool for helping all of us! Also, thanks for the encouragement. I am glad to know you like my idea :ohyeah:

Kim

Kim~ My fling benefitted from holly last year. She's great.

Don't worry about people liking your idea. We all always like each others ideas. You won't find people here who laugh at you. We all get that we are all crazy creative. Yep. Not just very creative but crazy creators. I assure you, your project will be enjoyed!

• Like 3

I took a minute today to open the shipping box, but didn't open the kit packages yet. Now the cover sheet is staring at me with "Welcome to the 2013 Spring Fling." Baby steps.

• Like 7