Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

I had a super productive weekend (thanks to the extra day)...scored a key piece of furniture from ebay, found a really great (and cheap) idea for my interior walls, built something important, found some really good tutorials online, and tried my hand at sewing a _________. I must admit that the sewing was a complete failure, but I am really confident that if I keep trying I will get it right! I guess I am now 100% committed to my idea. I hope I can pull it off! :D

• Like 6

I had a super productive weekend too. I finished exterior walls of the first level of my building (tried a new technique - new for me, :))). I would probably be able to work on the walls of the second level too tonight but I am out of supplies. It will give me time to think how to finish interior walls of that level. Completely forgot about stitching. This Spring Fling is surely addictive!

• Like 3

Unless mine goes on another road trip, it should be here today. My original idea for it has already started morphing, must be because of close proximity:-) .

Well I'd call that a productive weekend! Among seeing friends who were in town for the weekend I managed to finish the Chrysnbon kit, and got all the ___________ for the __________ finished on the inside. I'm expecting 2 orders to be delivered today and tonight I'll hit AC Moore for some wood to finish up the ____________ & ____________ and I can call the left interior wall done (except for accessories of course!) :bigwink: .

Good luck with settling down on a plan - those who are still wavering. I'm absolutely all over the place. I haven't even unpacked mine yet. The participating grand has hers in dry fit in the kids craft area. I have still been cleaning up from the prom dress project.

Fortunately the prom dress grand came over yesterday and jumped right into the remaining studio mess as her way of working (in her words now) as my "indentured servant" to repay me for doing her dress. She accomplished a huge amount of work that has been too high up and too heavy for me to do. She organized a big case of decorations for me so I can tell what is what at a glance now - something I've been wanting to have done for a couple years now. It's going to be so nice. So by the end of day, I could actually see the whole floor and 2/3 of the tabletop now and can walk into the closet without having an avalanche on my head !!!! My other older grand took out all the bags of trash I had piled up but couldn't carry so that cleared out a huge area.

The sewing room, on the other hand, is worse than it was before because the 2 younger grands still needed to finish up their 4H projects this weekend for their end of the year program next weekend. So we were busy with that and they aren't quite done yet so we can't get it all put away just yet.

My kit has been screaming all kinds of ideas and we are locked in a real battle as to what "we" will settle on. I have a sketch book full of plans that are all over the map. Wish "we" could agree on something. Now that I have a tabletop, I might try a dry-fit and see if that helps to settle one or the other of us down.

Love hearing what everyone is doing and how ideas are morphing here and there. It's so fun. Good luck everyone. Post lots of sneaky hints and teasers.

• Like 2

Moving right along - Ordered some __________, This weekend - New _______s and _________ cut out .. Constructing _________ B ____'s - New ________ built .. Sending the wife out this week for more supplies.. This is fun... Even more fun watching others and trying to cypher the others messages , TOO funny... :secret:

• Like 2

I made 2 ________ and some _______ this weekend. I really want my kit arrive so I can get started on the _______.

how long have people in the UK or Europe had to wait for their kit in the past. last year it took 2 weeks. Im so impatient.

its great hearing what everyone is up too. can we post obscure not give anything way photo teaser?

• Like 2

You can post anything you would like.

There are no specific rules about it. It's a personal choice.

The teasers and secret giving are just part of the fun. Builds drama with us eye-candy-holics.

• Like 1

I'm at a little bit of a standstill right now on my Fling, as I can't seem to figure out how to add the ______________. So I've been avoiding it and focusing on making some furnishings for it instead. But I really need to get myself in gear and tackle the issue. I know once I get this part done, the rest will flow much easier.

:waycon:

• Like 1

I'm at a little bit of a standstill right now on my Fling, as I can't seem to figure out how to add the ______________. So I've been avoiding it and focusing on making some furnishings for it instead. But I really need to get myself in gear and tackle the issue. I know once I get this part done, the rest will flow much easier.

:waycon:

I tend to put off the things I don't know how to do. Then, when I finally try it, things go well and I find that all I accomplished is to set myself back by putting things off. The worst that will happen is you have to practice a bit.

• Like 1

I'm in the middle of making me some summer skirts for a trip to Pittsburgh and have a household of teens. Finding free time has been hard this week. My kit is in the dining room floor because you can't see the sewing room floor lol.

The pool is being put up this week and maybe I'll be done with the sewing so I can get some bashing in and hopefully ________ done.

• Like 1

Selkie, has your belle attended her prom yet? Do get and post a picture or two of her in that dress!

Christiane, the "how to" part is one of the things I help people figure out when the kkit won't tell you (although if it's strident enough, the kit will usually show you).

• Like 1

Is anybody else having crazy questions about scale? I've been buying ___________ and __________ and _________. They all measure to the size that Wikipedia and various other websites say ___________ and __________ and _________ should be, but I'm worried that they'll look too big because they don't quite fit with my mental picture of how big ___________ and __________ and _________ really are.

Also, is anybody else having trouble focusing on the stuff they should be doing (like, say, finishing up my final assignments before graduation) because working on this is just sooooooooooooo much fun? It's not that I mean to neglect work, just that I keep wondering if I need another ________________ ... :bigwink:

• Like 2

IT'S HERE! Oh happy day. The dry fit (5 minutes) is acting as it should and being very cooperative. Looks like I get to do whatever I want :) Oh, that's right, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT! Bye......gotta go play. And Lauren, the rest of us gave up I think. The fling sorta takes everyone over. Let it have its way. It's easier.

• Like 2

Selkie, has your belle attended her prom yet? Do get and post a picture or two of her in that dress!

Oh yes the prom is over and done. And, of course, I have seen NO pictures at all !!!!

The only pics I have are the ones I took during the construction process that I was using for reference between the fittings.

Her mom took all the pictures after she picked up the dress and is posting them to her Facebook which leave me right out of the loop. I don't have FB or access to it through anyone else.

They keep promising me pics but haven't seen any yet. Even some from the grands phone from during the evening weren't available because she forgot to charge her phone. sigh ....

Oh yes the prom is over and done. And, of course, I have seen NO pictures at all !!!!

The only pics I have are the ones I took during the construction process that I was using for reference between the fittings.

Her mom took all the pictures after she picked up the dress and is posting them to her Facebook which leave me right out of the loop. I don't have FB or access to it through anyone else.

They keep promising me pics but haven't seen any yet. Even some from the grands phone from during the evening weren't available because she forgot to charge her phone. sigh ....

Okay, it's time to bring out the big guns. Let her know you are being pestered by us and we are very demanding! :)

• Like 2

Well that's why I was at a standstill! I was trying to force my idea onto the kit and it just didn't want it. Matter of fact, it wanted to go into a completely different direction.

So I spent a few hours on it last night, with the completely different design and it's so much happier.

Whew! Now I don't want to stop working on it!

• Like 3

Well that's why I was at a standstill! I was trying to force my idea onto the kit and it just didn't want it. Matter of fact, it wanted to go into a completely different direction.

So I spent a few hours on it last night, with the completely different design and it's so much happier.

Whew! Now I don't want to stop working on it!

YOU MUST BEND TO IT'S WILL! :worthy:

• Like 2