Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Well, here is a classic for you - your laugh of the day.

So, in the end, is it a good idea or not? Hm-m-m-m?

Apparently it IS a good idea, so long as you only do it in miniature! :lol:

• Like 1

I think it struck terror in the poor man's heart. :sweat:

Like "what on earth is she really up to now?"

• Like 1

Selkie, this cracks me up. I am THE SAME. My husband used to tell guests (since my accident I can't rearrange without help) do NOT get up in the night without a light. You never know where you will find yourself or what might happen.

If he ONLY wants you to build it in miniature, then he will have to build the life size himself :)

Maybe the furniture rearranging and minis are somehow related. I also love to move stuff around, paint, etc. I'm always looking to shift something around;)

Went to Michael's today and I think the clearance aisle may have sparked something good!

• Like 3

In other words, as long as you don't need a contractor?

Well, that and as long as it doesn't cost him any money or make him have to do anything.

He isn't really the handyman type at all. He's more the brain-iac type.

Maybe the furniture rearranging and minis are somehow related. I also love to move stuff around, paint, etc. I'm always looking to shift something around;)

Went to Michael's today and I think the clearance aisle may have sparked something good!

Does this sound familiar? Eight colors of paint on one wall and 1/4 yd swatches of fabric everywhere. For WEEKS at a time. Waiting for it to speak.

For several years I made and sold dollhouses. I took one look at the same kit or three, over and over and said 'I'll paint this one _____', and I did. Somewhere along the way I began listening to the houses instead of pretending they don't talk. Now, my dh's suffer the indignity of wearing samples everywhere until I decide.

I got some work done on my SF!

The floor is scored and stained--a new technique for me--and I'm happy with the result so far. (I wonder if Kellyannmo and I are building the same thing :hmm: )

I also got busy with my BladeRunner. Love that saw. If I had to cut things with only a craft knife I'd never make any changes, but with the BladeRunner it doesn't hurt my hands and I was able to ......

So there are some new openings in the walls to accommodate the ..........

Real progress today! And the house seems to be content with the plan!!! :bounce:

• Like 2

I had a staining mishap, but it actually worked out for the better. The stain I used was old and had coagulated bits of stain floating in it, which I didn't realize until I started...well, then all the pieces meant to be that color had to have the same spotted, ratty stain. But, it turned basswood into an approximation of knotty pine, which was better in the long run. :ohyeah:

• Like 4

hammer - Saw - glue - sand - take apart - put back together - saw - cut - glue - unglue fingers - cut - put on another - bandage - start all over again.. Things are going well and as planned. :bigwink:

• Like 3

Ordered some goodies over the weekend. Fingers crossed they will work in this plan.

No cuts yet - still need to be sure of my "stuff" fitting in properly before I can cut. It's very tricky with this one.

So many ideas and so complicated a floor plan. It seems huge overall, but things aren't fitting in the way I envisioned.

Can't wait for some of the accessories to arrive but I need to have patience as some is coming a lo-o-o-ong way.

Thanks Selkie & Turtlemoon for the time-finding suggestions...

Selkie, your hubby's description "only in miniature" makes your project sound very intriguing! Hope it is coming together well for you!

Tappy

Holes.... oh my goodness... I have holes everywhere

OK, now we know what it is ... must be a cathedral - holy, holy, holy !!!!! :bigwink:

• Like 2

OK, now we know what it is ... must be a cathedral - holy, holy, holy !!!!! :bigwink:

LOL.... yup I am building a cathedral hardwood flooring supply shop :)

I can say... thank goodness for my Dad... his math skills and his table saw... because what just happened couldn't have without his help :)

• Like 2

I am plugging along (and not holes!). I do alot of sitting and looking at the __________, trying to figure out how in the heck to do _______ with foamboard.

I need to get moving. I have almost everything I need to get me almost to completion. Now I just need to work on it. I've been so busy. I hate real life...

• Like 1

I'm right there with you, Jeff.

However, I did FINALLY GET THE SKINNY STICKS!!!!!!! :bounce8: :bounce8: :bounce8:

Your lucky Debora only has plump sticks !! better keep those under lock n' key LOL

• Like 1