Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

It's a 16 oz. plastic bottle with a milky colored liquid in it. It's called Zar Ultra Max wipe on poly finish. (Click on clear finishes and scroll down a ways.) It is described as a waterborne oil-modified polyurethane. Water clean up. You take just a dab on a soft cloth and wipe it on. They also make a floor version.

It says it is a gloss finish but I don't find it to be gloss at all the way I used it. I think you'd have to put tons of coats on to achieve that. I put on one coat, did a light sand and then wiped it down once more and that was it. I wanted to try it as a way to seal the wood in prep for my watery mix that I make up for staining w/o having a thickness issue. I have found this to be just right.

Still just breathing and will let it sit until tomorrow and see if it is just the glue and/or humidity that takes its toll. Otherwise it is time to rethink... :doh: darn and double darn and lots of other stronger words in the thinking... Neighbour's cats are lucky in this blue air Holly...

Hugs

I know I need something that is really big - but my brain is balking because I've been working in the 1:144 scale so long! It CAN'T be that big!! but looking at my prototype - it really is that big!! Trying not to panic because my "free" days are coming to a rapid end. Have to make more progress very quickly! I only have to the end of this month ...

Still have some bubbling, sheesh trust sometings to work just perfectly smooth and wham they it you just back, gives ones butterflies when dealing wth things like this!!! Now I think I'll be Netflixing for while contemplating disguise possibilities....

Hugs

Everything can be fixed! Or tossed and started over!

Checkmouse, I'm giggling when I think about you being overwhelmed by the LARGENESS of the Spring Fling. After working on the Beacon Hill for so long, this little Spring Fling kit seems TINY to me. We are exact opposites right now. Ha!

I've done enough skinny sticking and gluing and painting that I might be able to actually glue something to something. :bounce8: It would be nice to move past the initial stages with my build and see some real progress. All I know is that when I'm done, I'm going to tell the story of the _____ for years to come. "And then I cut that skinny stick and then I glued it there and then I painted that skinny stick and glued it there!" Also, my easy cutter blade went dull. My father is going to sharpen it for me. It didn't survive the skinny sticking, obviously. :sweat:

• Like 2

...my easy cutter blade went dull. My father is going to sharpen it for me. It didn't survive the skinny sticking, obviously. :sweat:

Obviously? Mine has been whacking on skinny sticks for YEARS and still going with its original blade.

Well moving right along 3 of the 11 windows in - 1 door built several to go. 3 splinters and a minor cut 2 band aids and a little peroxide.. 3 tears and a cup of coffee.. :D

• Like 3

Yes, there has been a LOT of cutting of skinny sticks. You'll understand when you see my _______. The blade won't cut the sticks anymore. I'll be glad to have it back and all sharpened up soon.

11 windows, eh? Let's see.... Mine has.... 8 windows! This is fun. I like the window game. :)

• Like 1

I'll play the window game! Let's see, 2. How about the door game? So, far 19 :shifty:

Blondie, I like to keep my tools sharp as well, wood and paper dull blades quick; which is why my fabric shears are kept very separate from my paper scissors :yes: I keep a little pocket sharpener in the bin with my cutter, maybe you'd find something like this nice to have in your toolbox too.

• Like 1

I have 10 windows 5 doors, 3 door-less arches and 1 winding staircase. :giggle: and I too have been cutting skinny sticks and attempting to sharpen my EZ cutter. It's at the point where its just CRUSHING everything I try to cut with it.

19 doors?!! :blink:

I have three windows...3 doors...one staircase. :D I've replaced my Easy Cutter blade at least once...and I have a spare in the drawer for when I need it.

I have 10 windows 5 doors, 3 door-less arches and 1 winding staircase. :giggle: and I too have been cutting skinny sticks and attempting to sharpen my EZ cutter. It's at the point where its just CRUSHING everything I try to cut with it.

My easy cutter was crushing things too until I started lifting the end of the stick so it would snap off at the cutter blade! After that for giggles I decided to try the easy cutter on some of the plywood pieces I needed to shorten, and it cut the plywood like butter. Go figure.

I've got two doors! :D

Windows, we are supposed to have windows and doors?!?! :doh: back to the drawing board I suppose.... ;) well not really but... Still trying to decide if we can live with bubbles... Then on the positive notes I found a piece of plywood that will work as one part of the base...

Hugs

• Like 1