Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

The big easy cutter is well worth it -- got it with the 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby. I wouldn't have survived the Spring Fling this year without it! :salute:

I have a door and a half. What does that mean? You'll have to wait and see... :batman:

I think everyone here is nuts! 19 doors? Not likely! If you're trying to throw us off, it might work if putting in 19 doors was possible, which I doubt unless you're building a castle -- and I can't see how you get from the SF basic building to a castle (well, some of the members of this group could probably do it, but unlikely)!!!

I finally got the missing bits from my original order, and am (finally) working on the dry fit so I can see where my extra doors will need to go. I will have a grand total of 2-1/2 doors and 3 windows! Realistic, yes? Will send bits and pieces, as they appear in the assembly/building process, just to add another few ingredients to this great cauldron of Spring Flinging!

At last count, I have 14 regular windows, 5 window wall type things, 3 doorways, and 7 doors.

Not to say that couldn't change of course. I'm still in the cutting stages.

• Like 1

Well then, confession time...

I only have <gasp> ONE door planned so far... Fairy doors outside in the garden is a totally different matter thougj

Hugs

WOW! That's a lot of windows and doors, people! Now my mind is spinning with what you all could possibly be building.... .??

Great sharpener tool, April. Thank you! I also want to point out that my easy cutter is the big boy, the ULTIMATE! Bwahahahaha! It looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/arts-crafts-sewing/dp/B000BQT3VK

I think they are building fun houses with lots of mirrors to reflect all those doors and windows!

I got the same easy cutter you did Blondie, I just don't have good hand strength :( but I like the guides and cutter :)

I think everyone here is nuts! 19 doors? Not likely! If you're trying to throw us off, it might work if putting in 19 doors was possible, which I doubt unless you're building a castle

I swear to you I am not building a castle, nor am I lying. You'll see in October.

• Like 1

Okay, I believe you. I surely do look forward to seeing what you (and everyone else) has done! You must admit, though, that, given the size of the basic SF structure, it'd be kind of hard to do -- unless, of course, you're putting one on top of another on top of another, and so on -- building a tower. That's it. Rapunzel -- remember? I don't recall which fairy tale that came from!

There sure are a lot of doors and windows going on for 1 room build..... but then if you added a few floors and walls and changed the scale to .... maybe 1/24 there would be more room for doors and windows .. if you went smaller again to 1/48 scale i think you could have a castle of sure.

Okay, I believe you. I surely do look forward to seeing what you (and everyone else) has done! You must admit, though, that, given the size of the basic SF structure, it'd be kind of hard to do -- unless, of course, you're putting one on top of another on top of another, and so on -- building a tower. That's it. Rapunzel -- remember? I don't recall which fairy tale that came from!

Rumpelstilskin.

Rapunzel (of the ultra-long hair) came from her own fairy tale; I don't recall the poor farmer's daughter in Rumpelstiltskin having a name, just a father who bragged she could spin straw into gold!

I got you on one finally,Holly:No name that I recall,but she was "the miller's daughter" and then "the princess" when she married the king's son.I played her in a production in high school.Wore a blonde wig,fancy medievel(?) gown-the whole shebang! But,now this was the 1970s,so we had a lady miller!Had a blast,even though I was scared to death most of the time! My high school crush played Rumplestiltskin-another contrast to the original story,because he was gorg-eous! haha!

You did, indeed! I sit corrected; miller's daughter.

Poor Rapunzel, on the other hand, got into her situation as a result of her momma's prenatal craving for salad greens! I often wonder if the reason fairy tales scare us so is that the heros & heroines have to get themselves out of situations their parents/ families put them in! No wonder psychiatrists have so much fun with the Red Riding Hood story! Now wouldn't Grandma's cottage be a fun build for this year's SF kit!

• Like 1

19 Doors?? Good grief, I only have 18 in my RL house and that includes closets and the door that's blocked off because I needed to make a place for my desk.

You did, indeed! I sit corrected; miller's daughter.

Poor Rapunzel, on the other hand, got into her situation as a result of her momma's prenatal craving for salad greens! I often wonder if the reason fairy tales scare us so is that the heros & heroines have to get themselves out of situations their parents/ families put them in! No wonder psychiatrists have so much fun with the Red Riding Hood story! Now wouldn't Grandma's cottage be a fun build for this year's SF kit!

Not fair Holly, that's a great idea! Too late for me but someone else should do it! :)

Grandma's cottage? What about Baba Yaga's Izbushka?

Who did one of those, complete with chicken's feet?

I volunteer ideas for SFs, since I'm in no position to build one.

Who did one of those, complete with chicken's feet?

I volunteer ideas for SFs, since I'm in no position to build one.

That was Julie - jujurodgers Holly. Can't find a pic of it but I remember it well.

Thought I'd post another sneak peek.

The family has been hard at work doing many different things about building their new little house and furnishings..

post-2708-0-57860600-1374087606_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Selkie, where did you get those darling worker-bee dolls? I haven't a clue as to what you're making, but the dolls are wonderful!!!

They are just Fisher Price Loving Family dolls. They are quite close to 1:12 scale so they are great to use for playing with. I have little ones still so I need break-proof dolls that I can afford. (and yes I am an old lady but just happen to be raising little folks too!)

• Like 1