Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

I had a dream for last year's kit and couldn't get it done, but it has stuck in my head all year. When I looked at this kit a second time I realized that with a few modifications, I can still do the basic dream-house I was planning. And I like this one even better :banana:

• Like 3

This years kit seemed too much like last years at first. Duh! Every one of us enjoyed that kit and had other ideas for it. Now, we can build what we wished we built last year or chose second. Good deal CJ. I wish I had the room to build the fling kit using some of last years options. I plan to order this weekend as soon as I decide on which door :) But......I can't do a bunch of extra's that add to the size. I simply don't have the room.

I get to order my kit this weekend but am still stumped. The perfect door.......it's gotta be just right.

My Mom jumped in in the opinions and has been a big help. I'm really looking forward to her getting to watch the progress. I have lived too far for that previusly.

This extra time is what has me most excited. Finally........time to think! And one would think I could choose one simple door in less than a week.

• Like 1

I think somehow I am being told I cannot buy the SF kit. :tongue1: I have tried multiple times to order the parts but my log-in seems to be not working properly. Even when i tell it I forgot my password and it sends me a new one that one does not work. hmmm maybe I should take this as a sign. /sigh lol

No No No !!!

Don't quit.

It's a trick from the miniature haters society.

Get right on the phone with GL and place your order directly with them.

I had a problem once like that and they were wonderful about getting my order set up and tending to the problem.

They have great customer service.

Hurry, we need you in the Spring Fling 2013 contest !!!

• Like 2

Selkie's right Jenny. In fact, when I tried to like her comment, I kept having issues and it would show I liked it then go away. I had to like it 3 or 4 times to get it to stick. Do NOT let the MHS get you! I certainly let them have it!

No No No !!!

Don't quit.

It's a trick from the miniature haters society.

Get right on the phone with GL and place your order directly with them.

I had a problem once like that and they were wonderful about getting my order set up and tending to the problem.

They have great customer service.

Hurry, we need you in the Spring Fling 2013 contest !!!

Selkie's right Jenny. In fact, when I tried to like her comment, I kept having issues and it would show I liked it then go away. I had to like it 3 or 4 times to get it to stick. Do NOT let the MHS get you! I certainly let them have it!

Well that will teach them MHS!!! I used IE as the web browser and that fixed my problem! :tongue1: I call that mini winning. :yes:

• Like 1

I may or may not be making some cuts on my Fling. As a newbie, can anyone share what the best tool to do so might be?

straight edge (metal ruler) box cutter or exacto knife with a fresh sharp blade. keep going over the same line until you've cut through. Don't be shy about changing the blades often. if they are too dull you won't get a nice clean cut. be careful though!

• Like 1

I've been fooling around with the dry fit all day arranging temporary furniture, googling inspiration and window shopping online setting up shopping lists and deciding what cuts to make where for ______________ and ______ and the _______, Except for my dentist appointment earlier, I've completely ignored all the other tasks i had set up for today so i'm off to change my brakes now so i can fling more later.

EDIT: As soon as i stepped outside it started pouring... back to flinging!

• Like 3

Well that will teach them MHS!!! I used IE as the web browser and that fixed my problem! :tongue1: I call that mini winning. :yes:

Whew !!

I'm SO glad the MHS lost again - ya-hoooooooo

We win - nana-nana-nana - more eye candy for us in October ....

• Like 1

straight edge (metal ruler) box cutter or exacto knife with a fresh sharp blade. keep going over the same line until you've cut through. Don't be shy about changing the blades often. if they are too dull you won't get a nice clean cut. be careful though!

Thanks for the tip!

I spent almost all morning running around to get supplies for my Fling. I discovered a new local dollhouse shop which was great inspiration and where I picked up a few things. Also made a few stops at the local craft stores and Staples and I finally think I have what I need.

Why didn't anyone tell me that dollhouse building was so much fun???????

• Like 2

I did it, I did it, I did it! Order placed.

Yeah !! Congrats on following thru.

Now we are all in this pickle together. :buddies:

Don't forget you can redesign this to become a 1/2 scale project since space is limited for you.

:frusty:

Must go bead some more now - must get dress finished before kit arrives !!!

Whew - well, I made my first cuts, which was a little nervewracking. But it all survived and already looking fabulous.

Now I just have to figure out how to add the ______________. :bigwink:

• Like 3

All my front wall cuts are done and patched. waiting for it to dry so i can sand and start priming and painting. now on to the side wall cuts gotta have access to the _____________!

• Like 2

I placed my order for the SF last week, on Tuesday, I was notified that it had been shipped but there wasn't a tracking number. Last night, I received a call from UPS to ask for my address, I guess they couldn't read what was on the package. I've been waiting all day for that big brown truck but it hasn't come down my street.

I've run into this problem before, UPS says my city doesn't exist but it's been here since 1830. my zip code is correct and there is a UPS distribution center less than 15 miles from the house but still they have a problem finding me. I can't tell you the number of times they've delivered to the house and suddenly, I've dropped off the face of the earth. Go figure.

OK, done whining now.

I don't know if I plan to make any real cuts this year. The last two years I did a lot of bashing to get what I wanted. This years kit simply oozes with as is ideas. I am liking the idea of bringing the shell to life with just what I add and not what I take away. That's how I feel this year. But of course, every build says something different.

I placed my order for the SF last week, on Tuesday, I was notified that it had been shipped but there wasn't a tracking number. Last night, I received a call from UPS to ask for my address, I guess they couldn't read what was on the package. I've been waiting all day for that big brown truck but it hasn't come down my street.

I've run into this problem before, UPS says my city doesn't exist but it's been here since 1830. my zip code is correct and there is a UPS distribution center less than 15 miles from the house but still they have a problem finding me. I can't tell you the number of times they've delivered to the house and suddenly, I've dropped off the face of the earth. Go figure.

OK, done whining now.

I have a friend who has this happen with both UPS and FedEx. They say her street and number don't exist. Even if she goes to the distribution center and shows them her license and mail with the correct address, they say it doesn't exist.

She found out that it's the GPS system that has the errors in it and that is how they deliver.

The really dumb part is that it's the same delivery people who used to come to her house before the GPS use went into effect and so they know her but they won't deliver because "the system" says she doesn't exist.

Unbelievable !!!

Maybe UPS and FedEx should go back to the old way and throw the GPS in the garbage. Who says computers know everything, the information is only as good as the typist who entered the information.

• Like 1