Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Why does this happen to me? Why does GL make such awesome kits?

Sigh. I have two other houses to finish and no track record of being quick about any of it. But...I have such a fun idea... :D

I feel your pain! :)

But I think I must suffer anyway and join in the fun. So my other houses take a little longer to finish...I won't tell if you won't!

• Like 3

I keep staring at it, at the picture of the whole thing, and I've got too many ideas! I keep thinking I'm ready to order and have settled on a theme, and then I look at the whole thing again, and......

• Like 3

Well, I see this house turning into several different things... Including a "Bait Shop" for fishing. I have a super long list of things this can be. I keep hearing the song "Under the Boardwalk" by the Drifters every time I see the pictures :D

See that is exactly the problem - the obvious "water" themes will most likely be prevalent, therefore this stubborn old lady is stamping her foot saying "no I won't do a water theme of any kind". Now you know just how dangerous it is to say something like this to a little kit, because that little kit will often have a much bigger foot to stamp than I do. I had an idea before I saw the kit and now I can't seem to think of how to bring that to pass. This is a real conundrum.

Oh my, I forgot what enablers we all are!!! :rofl: Oh, the pressure! :D

Enablers - no - not here at GL - no never, never, never ... I'd never try to do that to anyone - promise - nope not me.

So what say you (and Jo and Teresa) just get the kit while it's on sale - just in case you "need" it for the future sometime way out there .... It's a great deal you know. Can't beat the prices right now. It'll only go up in price the future.

(snicker, snicker, snicker - for you know all too well that once it's in your hands, it will start calling out to you and you'll have to comply. They are quite demanding like that, remember.)

• Like 3

Well, being that I always seem to find new, exciting projects to work on especially when my current project is giving me fits (most normal people might call that being a perpetual procrastinator) I'm almost positive my husband is going to wiggle his secret dollhouse-sensing antennae, give me that evil, "you're-building-another-dollhouse-aren't- you" look, and if I manage to survive said look, I may be convinced to give it a go ;-)

But! I have to move first, so after June 1 is when I can decide if I want to get serious or not! (I know I should probably order the kit now and save money, but that would mean I AM serious...) :ohyeah:

• Like 1

Well,

But! I have to move first, so after June 1 is when I can decide if I want to get serious or not! (I know I should probably order the kit now and save money, but that would mean I AM serious...) :ohyeah:

Now, now, now, serious is all relative. You just need to reframe that statement - You are really only being practical and an excellent steward of your funds to purchase the kit while it's on sale - says the foolish old lady as she runs and hides.

• Like 4

Oh dear, oh dear. Although I have not changed my mind on the general theme and style, I am getting some new ideas regarding the details. What's gonna happen between now and when I get my kit? Such important decisions!

I thought the kit looked about the same size as last year. It's bigger. Definitely more square feet. I also noticed the stairs come right or left.

I don't know....I like the kit, Dean and crew did a fantastically creative job keeping it fresh for us...but I can't see what it is finished, and I usually see that instantly....plus I have another house in progress on my worktable. I have to think about it.

Keli & Debora~ Buy the base kit, dry fit and play. There's plenty of time to order more pieces when you decide. That's what I'm doing :)

I think you're right. My plan is to get the basic stuff and worry about the details later. :)

• Like 2

I haven't ordered anything yet because this idea that the kit is screaming at me is not the one I want to do.

I think it's a given that it's going to happen but I'm fighting the plan tooth and nail at the moment.

I want to do something foo-foo and totally unnecessary and this kit just continues to shout NO, NO, NO !!!

So this is a case of "the kit" versus "Selkie"

To that effect, while I was shopping for sequins for the big prom dress project today,

I found my favorite color red paint (Ceramcoat tompte red) that the kit is demanding

and a wonderful accessory that is perfect for the kit's idea.

Just to be clear, I got them for the kit's idea - not for my idea.

• Like 1