Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

I primed something. Then I took a photo of it to show you. Like it??? :whistle:

Oh OH OH - I see what it is now - Not to worry though I won't tell..

• Like 1

A productive day - made some 100+ skinny sticks and glued them in here and there mostly here - And a long curvy thing in for adjustments. Haven't decided what to do with the floor yet - Better get that thought out pretty soon or I will have painted myself into a corner.. Then I will be sitting there saying Self your in big trouble now. :D

• Like 4

Muttering about the dwindled stash of coffee stirrers... Need to get more somewhere as I am running out. But I hav e also actually primed some of the parts today, and am still in the planning stage of how I and where the cuts will be done, need to work out some angles before and oh I also need to get some more materials..... :D

Hugs

• Like 1

Heads up to anyone who purchased the railing kit style 1.

Be sure to keep them absolutely flat before you use them.

The railing sections warp easily and then are very difficult to line up with the hand railings.

I was very careless with one package I had opened to look at.

I had to set up a weighting system over two spacer units to straighten them out while drying in the "attach the hand rail" stage.

• Like 1

I've gotten really good at scoring boards!! and snipping woodsies, I've gotten good at that too, even though my hands hurt now and it's time to take a break.

I wanted to try different techniques with this year's fling, and so far so good...the house seems really happy with the results. :D

• Like 2

I'm deep in the fiddly parts. :bangin: And, I've been scroll sawing... :D

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=90550

Brae - Question what scroll saw are you using ? - I have been researching them for some time . And will be getting one for the shop soon. Up to this point I haven't needed one until I got sucked into dollhouses Now I hooked LOL..

I have a scroll saw, but sadly I have never used it even though I got it two Christmases ago! It's in my dad's shop, so I always forget to go over there. Brae is inspiring me though. I wanted it to make wooden puzzles. :) I can't even remember the brand.... Will have to investigate soon!

• Like 1

I have the Proxxon scroll saw, and I love it.

http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/happy-groundhog-day

Built The Artist's Studio deck with it: http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/the-deck-part-8

I have the Proxxon scroll saw, and I love it.

http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/happy-groundhog-day

Built The Artist's Studio deck with it: http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/the-deck-part-8

Thanks Brae - I have looked at those looks like they do nice cuts.. I'll look at it some more..

Thanks Brae - I have looked at those looks like they do nice cuts.. I'll look at it some more..

The only thing to remember with the Proxxon is that it can't handle thicker wood. It is great for thinner wood cuts.

Just be sure of what sizes you might be using it for before deciding.

If you wanted to do a 1" or above thick piece, for example, you might have a struggle with that model.

You'd need a heavier duty one for thicker cutting.

Placed some more orders for props and bits and bobs this weekend.

Can't wait to see what they are going to be like. Way outside my comfort zone this time.

My DH is still a tad worried that I have something else "up my sleeve". :ohyeah:

I need to hurry up and get some things in hand so I can make the "big" cuts.

I'm falling way behind everyone here. I wish RL didn't interfere with my projects.

spent a good few hours working on my SF yesterday. Looks like i didn't do anything. you would think working small would go faster than working in real life scale... oh well i can officially call one whole interior wall from the base kit complete. Moving on!

I have a Proxxon scroll saw and I'm determined to master it. I put it away after having broken all the saw blades. I bought a Proxxon mini table saw though and I absolutely love that - again you need to check on the thickness of wood you might want to use it for but its my favourite of all my tools.

I go through spates of snapping scrollsaw blades with DH's saw; there's a trick to getting the tension just right; unlikke the sewing machine, the tension on the saw blade has to be adjusted each time you put in a new one.

• Like 2

Yow! After a whole weeks work on one thing I said no way! So, I put this aside for another build and ordered a new blank blank blank. Sigh. Lesson here: You can't always just change the blank and make do. Sometimes, it's worth the $5 to start over :)

Here's a little sneak peak of what my current project is for my SF.

Wain+4.jpg

More pictures on the blog.

Ooooo, gotta check the blog. I like this! Is it a screen, is it a bird perch, a window,......????

• Like 1

G-r-r-r-r-r-r !!!!

I'm really, really, really mad at one part I've spent wa-a-a-a-y too much time on.

I don't have any extra time for this kind of foolishness.

It looks like a preschooler built it - nothing against preschoolers, btw, I have some ...

BUT I'm not a preschooler so it shouldn't look like this !!!

I think it's headed for the wood fire bin.

Gr-r-r-r-r-r !!!!

• Like 1

So excited to be back from retreat and ordination as an interfaith minister! (Yes, that's the school that's had me too busy to Fling.) I can finally start building in addition to collecting the various pieces and accessories to make my __________ come to life. Here's hoping I'm not too far behind everybody else. Good thing we have a few extra months!

• Like 3