Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Ha ha Jo, sounds like the beginning of a good detective "murder on the dorset moors"....

enjoy your weekend and I hope your Spring Fling will come out of it as you would like it to look....

I'm waiting on more supplies. While doing so, I am rethinking what I will do with them. The details keep changing, and changing.......but it is still the same thing :)

The problem I am having is I love just the building, alone, so much, I am having a hard time wanting to add more components. The boardwalk and stairs keep calling me though.......

I'm waiting on more supplies. While doing so, I am rethinking what I will do with them. The details keep changing, and changing.....

"So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you-o-u-o-u .... for you-o-u-o-u ..." (kudos to The Kinks)

That's my song right now.

I'm waiting on stuff from Japan, China, England, and the US.

I also have some backorders on the US ones that I think are probably coming from China or Japan, etc.

I can't make my major cuts until I get one specific shipment so I can test the sizes. It's driving me nuts.

No one is past their dates of "expected arrivals" so I can't officially complain, I can just whine up a storm .... whine, whine, whine !!

Made the first set of cuts to one of the focal pieces yesterday and it worked great... Now to await the arrival of the _________ to see if that gives the right impression.... Good thing we have an extended build time! Last night whilst hubby snored to entertain the whole neighbourhood LOL I planned out a new lay out for the front of the whole thing, now to plot it out on paper to ser that I have enough of __________ to make it. Then I'll need a few _________ to make the ________ around the ________. :wub: this is fun!

Hugs

selkie: you complain away. when you need the things you want them right away. i cant wait for a matter transporter to be invented, that should cut down on waiting time.

Anna: sound very interesting

"So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you-o-u-o-u .... for you-o-u-o-u ..." (kudos to The Kinks)

That's my song right now.

I'm waiting on stuff from Japan, China, England, and the US.

I also have some backorders on the US ones that I think are probably coming from China or Japan, etc.

I can't make my major cuts until I get one specific shipment so I can test the sizes. It's driving me nuts.

No one is past their dates of "expected arrivals" so I can't officially complain, I can just whine up a storm .... whine, whine, whine !!

Same here. Have been waiting for 2 ___ to match 2____ I had. Was sent the wrong ones. Won't respond to my email. Kind of stuck from proceeding. Frustrating at times to be so dependent on online buying.

More progress! Cut the ends off at least a hundred woodsies! :) Scored things and stained things, and cut things and glued things, and went through my stash to find parts I didn't use in the big Tennyson that could be used in this Fling Thing.

I'm trying to use up things I already have in addition to exploring new techniques. This project is taking over my precious work space and I had to rearrange a little bit for it, but it's still a happy house! :D

Very porductive day for me for once. im going on 11 hours of work today.

What does everyone use to glue doorknobs to doors?

Un oh now you guys know i have doors.....with knobs.

• Like 1

sigh... I am at the stage where I want to share pictures so stinkin' bad... LOL... I will refrain....

Think of series of sneak peeks along the way ...

That might satisfy the need and yet not give away the secrets til the end.

What does everyone use to glue doorknobs to doors?

I like to pre-drill a hole for the handle, I go straight through the door and then glue knobs on both sides (assuming it's that type, the ones that are like earring posts) using clear drying wood glue or tacky glue.

For the flat plate style I just glue them on making sure the glue is not at all runny, again clear drying, then touch up with paint if necessary.

I like to pre-drill a hole for the handle, I go straight through the door and then glue knobs on both sides (assuming it's that type, the ones that are like earring posts) using clear drying wood glue or tacky glue.

For the flat plate style I just glue them on making sure the glue is not at all runny, again clear drying, then touch up with paint if necessary.

http://www.miniatures.com/Gold-Plated-Brass-Doorknob-Key-Plate-wKey-by-Houseworks-P17605.aspx

I'm using these but the plate is hollow in the back and it's really difficult to glue down.

I used similar ones for my beacon hill front doors. I painted them first (linky) and then put a dab of black paint under the keyhole spaces, and then just used carpenters glue to hold them on. I let it air dry a bit first so it was good and tacky, then left them lying flat to dry overnight. They've held for over a year now (link).

Okay,Morgan had a similar idea to one I was afraid to suggest,but a dab of hot glue (ducking) allowed to 'set' would give you a bump/surface to attach to and wouldn't show if you go easy on the trigger.Using your chosen glue over the hot glue bump should secure the knob.I have used this for other similar situations,not knobs,but it still should work.

Please don't feel bad Blondie :( I didn't fling either. I did move ahead a different house but that was because I had my DH's help :)

I had to order an item I'll be re-doing so I have let that stall me. In the meantime, I'm practicing some techniques :) But when that item gets here, I'm ready to fling my heart out :)