Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Anna, you ARE making a bazillion cuts! And it'll be SO elegant & gorgeous when it's finished!

Does this mean you are privy to Anna's SF details that we don't know?

"No fair" whines little Selkie - we want to know more too !!!

Everyone be careful. holly's telling us all what people are building. Now we everyone knows Anna is building an elegant. Sheesh.

Elegant, elegant, elephant LOL.... Cuts I can relate to, elegant not so much.... Especially since one of the cut offs sort of made it well up my heel earlier today and three band aids later it is still seeping... Will be sporting a charming limp tomorrow if tonight is anythung to go by so to speak. On the bright side tjough only about 12 or so of the bazillions bits and pieces left to sort out and glue, ie for this round, still lots and lots of the ______ sides to deal with after either get husband dearest to help out in using the big free hand saw that goes wroooom or do it myself.... Have plywood and am not afraid to use it ;)

Hugs

• Like 1

So, I wonder if anyone is going to build the whole kit just like it is, in a straightforward build? I think the whole thing is wonderful, just too big for me (if it was in half scale I'd have to do the whole thing as a traditional build). So I was just wondering :hmm:

But not me! Today I'm cutting away, lalala. Lots of little angled pieces that I'll need for the .... And more woodsies, lots and lots of woodsies (I'm getting good at those :) )

So, I wonder if anyone is going to build the whole kit just like it is, in a straightforward build?

Twinkle's is much more straightforward. The basic shape will be clearly visible in hers.

She is decorating in a really cool way and doing lots of landscaping too so that will change the look of it overall but the basic kit will still be quite recognizable.

I told her that was a really good idea for winning because it would be a great advertisement style.

Mine on the other hand, will not be recognizable as the basic kit therefore not a good GL ad at all.

• Like 1

its good to know some one else's wont be recognizable as the original kit. i was concerned about that. if it did not have the same basic shape as the base kit. oh well it is to later now any way. :)

its good to know some one else's wont be recognizable as the original kit. i was concerned about that. if it did not have the same basic shape as the base kit. oh well it is to later now any way. :)

I have decided to use the kit as it is.....well sort of..... I mean I am using its shape.....you might not see it entirely.....but its in there

Alrighty, I have not entirely figured this whole thing out yet....lets just say Maybe..just Maybe :bangin:

I say go wild go crazy throw caution to the wind..Lets make this Spring Fling due at the end of October the most unusual we can!!! :batman::borg::death: :the_frog: :wolverine:

• Like 2

Can you imagine... I got my order from Greenleaf and there were 2 major items missing! And... they're apparently closed all this week. What nerve! Here I am, just itching to get started!

Can you imagine... I got my order from Greenleaf and there were 2 major items missing! And... they're apparently closed all this week. What nerve! Here I am, just itching to get started!

Time for a deep breath and little more sketching and planning.

You'll make up for lost time in a hurry, I have no doubts about it.

Well at least my roof will be recognizable .. And it is still square somewhat.. Well most of it anyway. :ohyeah:

I'm not guaranteeing anything with my build, well, maybe that it IS the official SF kit, but nothing else. :bigwink:

• Like 2

Anna, you can always share and get feedback from me; you may have noticed I have let unspiiled all the SF beans entrusted to me so far...

Holly, I filed all the conversations (emails) we had last year when I asked you for advice on my build for the 2012 SF - which never got finished because we thought we were going to move across the country. I pulled out all my notes, made a list of supplies I need, and went shopping yesterday. I'm staying on basically the same theme that I wanted last year, but in my opinion this one will be better. I only have till the end of this month to dedicate to the SF - and my micro house - as starting with the last weekend in July I will be working at 6 county fairs, back-to-back. I work for a home improvement company, and those fairs are 5-6 days each, with 10-12 hour days. Not much time left for mini-ing! So thanks again, Holly, for all your help :)