Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

And, yes, I cheated a little bit, instead of making I bought some pieces of furniture from PRD miniatures. I would never be able to make these chairs, especially that little cute table. Oh, and I need them sooo much!

http://www.scarletsailsminiatures.blogspot.com/2013/07/spring-fling-2013-update.html

Oh yea, love the chairs and table, and of course, Audrey!

• Like 1

I too am a huge GL fan. I have built their houses for several decades and never been disappointed. Now, I have obligations that have stolen my fling time. I had to re think and simplify what I am doing in order to do it. Oh well, it's flingtime and I WILL finish! It won't be a winner but will hopefully be cute :)

I'm shooting for cute too! :) And I've really been enjoying learning new techniques. It's my experimental project, BwaHaHa.

• Like 1

It's so nice to hear that all of you are busy and have been making ______s and ______s. Way to go!! I've been busy with skinny sticks. It's quite amazing how many of these I'm using. So it's cutting, gluing, measuring, cutting, gluing, measuring. This is the first time I've ever bashed a kit, so I've also been cutting. OH MY. It's such a shame because the laser cuts were so purty. Ah well... My _____ will be purty, too. WHOOT! :bounce:

• Like 1

Hey! Blondie :) You didn't disappear. Hard at work flinging even. I have been hard at work too. Changing my mind :) I made some adjustments to suit a little different end result. I'm excited about the change. Now, I have dozens and dozens of little thingys to paint. What color?

Hey! Blondie :) You didn't disappear. Hard at work flinging even. I have been hard at work too. Changing my mind :) I made some adjustments to suit a little different end result. I'm excited about the change. Now, I have dozens and dozens of little thingys to paint. What color?

I vote for pink! :D (Ha, ha, what is it? I know, you can't tell us!)

• Like 1

Yep, I'm still kicking! The pooooor Beacon Hill has been so neglected because of the spring fling. I'll try to give her some love some time this week.

It's such a PAIN not being to share my ________ work with you. I will practice patience... I think.

• Like 1

Muttering just a little under my breath here as I know I have one item around, but since we moved here most of my minis are stord away in a storing facility as we are living in a renovating zone and will do so for another couple of years or so, so most probably that particular item ( which I can easily buy again but need for measurements) is in one of those boxes, :doh: darn it...

Hugs

• Like 1

Thanks Holly and Christiane

I kind of put myself in a spot when I picked this subject out ,Didn't think it completely out , The wife said well what else is new get to building LOL.. There isn't much if anything I need I can buy - A couple areas I will be able to buy some things wheeew thank goodness LOL.. And a few techniques I haven't tried yet So this ought to be interesting. And the inspiration I get from the talented people on this site makes it so much fun.

• Like 1

Ken, you've given your SF theme away! I know what it is now. It's a furniture shop! :D

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the next bunch of chairs!

• Like 1

Ken, you've given your SF theme away! I know what it is now. It's a furniture shop! :D

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the next bunch of chairs!

Darn it anyway - I can't keep anything secret.. :oops:

• Like 2

...There isn't much if anything I need I can buy...

Ken, that's what I've found; either what I need/ want isn't the right size or no one makes it, or if it's available it's often 'way beyond my budget, so I wind up making whatever it is.

• Like 2

I'm at a tedious point right now, adding the exterior wall finish/covering. I'm loosing a bit of steam with it too, because I'm not sure I'm happy with how it's turning out, but really don't want to start over. I'm going to take my own advice and step away from it for a few days, then come back with fresh eyes before I start pulling things apart. So far everything else has gone well, so one small bump in the road isn't too bad.

Looks like you all are moving right along! Love those sneaks peeks :D

• Like 1

So I got derailed on the fling. Was headed somewhere, cuts made, everything going good. Then........well there was one thing I couldn't get past. After a weeks worth of work. So I ordered new blanks. Now, time is an issue. Then, I saw a blank blank on ebay and HAD to have it. Oh no. I won the auction. So THAT got me to thinking. A little change here, another change there and voila. A whole new level of blank just hit my fling! I am soooooo ready to get back to work :)

I've been at a little bit of a standstill. Part motivation, part lack of 2 things I need. About ready to send back the last two received. Have ordered 3x and 3x got the wrong ones. Unfortunately my doves aren't like Cinderella's birds. No flying around to help!!!

Sympathising Janet. I'm in the same trough with my room box (not SF), waiting for stuff and yet not motivated to do other things that I could do for the project so I've turned my energies to my garden and its such a horrendous task having left it to do its own thing for the last 18 months, that I think I will soon be back to minis. So if your muse has taken a hike occupy yourself with something she would hate and she'll soon be back to put you on the right path.

Don't worry about being behind - Twinkle and I just got our BIG cuts made yesterday.

We have ordered a lot of things and most of them are here.

Some were key to making the cuts so that held us up a bit.

It sure was scary to hit it with the big gun saws yesterday - but - I love it !!!

Made one goof that I've had to rethink how to fix but that's OK.

Now to move to the final BIG cuts for the second section of mine.

Had to wait for the first ones to be done and dry fitted to be sure everything would line up properly.

Whew !!!

Busy, busy, busy summer and not enough time to fling.

It's called "life" I know but somethings gotta give pretty soon.

Good luck everyone.

Oh ... and btw, the wipe on sealer that I tried is working great.

It raises the grain just a tad (as expected) but soaks in nicely and doesn't add to the volume of the drawers.