Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

What a find! Thanks so much for sharing, Anna! I have been looking for a rug for my Garfield ever since I started it (don't ask how long!) but couldn't find the right colors and/or pattern. I found it now!!! It will have to wait until I'm done with my SF, since I'm actually on a roll with it, but I will do it later! Thanks again!

The nice thing about stitching from the B&W charts is that you can go with whatever colors you like (the effects will end up quite unique) and depending on the thread count, the scale will also change.

How cool is that! I've never done cross-stitch patterns (oh, yes, I do vaguely remember doing something like it in the third grade!), but there's a first time for everything. I'm excited about trying this. I want a floral pattern in blue, green and yellow, and haven't been able to find anything. Of course, when one looks to buy a "dollhouse rug," the results are usually pretty ugly! Is there a guide for the size of the canvas one uses?

I went with the blue version of the chart for this rug and just went with the colours I figured would suit the setting, it only took about little over a week of stitching and there are others I am sooo going to do later on, ie after the Spring Fling though... Now to finish it and see if it will work, otherwise on to plan B, C or it might even be plan K.... ;)

Hugs

:blush:

I think I'm pretty tech savvy. I can usually take these computers apart and put them back together again, but actually I was embarrassed to ask!!! But, finally, here goes -- anyway -- I can figure out what :blush: means. Now, can someone please tell me what :banana: means? Holly, it's all your fault!

Ooookaaay. What I wrote was ":bananas:" and now that it's posted I see a dumb little banana -- dancing? It all becomes scarily clear. How come, though, my text was translated to the icon, whereas others came through spelled out (which is what I'm hope will happen to that in my first sentence here, which is why I put it in quotes.

Don't feel badly Mandy. I go looking up things that people put in all the time because I don't know all the lingo. I try to keep up because of the grands I'm raising but I miss a lot of them.

So, Twinkle and I have been very busy with our SF's lately.

She has completed adding the ______ to the _____. It is coming out very nice.

Her _____ are beautiful. I love how she has done them.

She has also _______ the ______ and solved several dilemmas.

She has 3 ______ drying in the jig. They are going to be adorable.

She's still puzzling over what to do about the _____ ____. :dunno:

I have built the _____ and the _____ and the _______. Two of them still need their finishes to be completed.

Oh, I also _____ the 2 ______ and finished up several do-dads that needed customizing.

The ______ got their ______'s glued in but they still aren't the right height.

I'm still fighting with my roof and my floors. They are being so incredibly difficult. I tried stopping talking to them but they just sulked in the corner until I started working on them again and then they started right in with the orders and the shouting. They are making no sense whatsoever. :frusty:

• Like 1

Finished a base to put my _______ on. When I got it all done, then I figured out that I should have left a little lip on the edge. Now that the base is done I can get back to the things I was trying to avoid!!

Argued with the roof some more today and then realized that I had measured the entire thing incorrectly. Sigh .....

Also did some painting and messed that up royally so I will have to do it over - again.

Probably won't be able to work on the SF again until next week because of work and taking the kids on a little last fling before school starts.

Don't you just hate when that happens? I guess that's the epitome of an understatement! Time to walk away for a bit, so it's just as well that you can't look at it for a while. If you're anything like me, when that happens and I go back to it, it's like, "wow, how could I not have seen that?" and it all starts to fall into place. Enjoy your time with the kids. They grow up all too fast, but your SF isn't going anywhere -- it's just gonna sit there and wait for you to come back to make it right!

• Like 1

Oh, Selkie, we all have days like that -- I do, more than most, I think! But that's one of the reasons we're all here -- to lend a little support wherever it's needed! You certainly have been someone we've counted on and admired all along!