Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Realistically, I know I don't get to Fling. RL challenges grow every day. I want you all to know, it makes me feel really good to come here and read about all of your progress. If things change, a.k.a. calm down, I may race and try to catch up. I have a second idea that requires little except the structure. Well, at least I keep telling myself maybe, even if it is a second best idea.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

• Like 1

Ooooo! Acrylic and brass!!! What could it be that it needs to be bent?? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Well silly - The acrylic and the brass need to be bent to finish up the....................................................................... <snicker>

• Like 1

Well, Twinkle cut 30+ boards and a wall on the band saw today. She is getting quite proficient with it. Anyone need any lessons? :noitall:

She is really trying to be done construction before school starts so hopefully she can maintain a good pace now that all this cutting is done. Next is more painting and gluing and .... and ..... etc. etc.

After that comes the fun part - decorating !!! She can hardly wait for that part. :spoton:

And me, well, I've still had a ton of business work to keep me busy. :pullhair: So no SF for me lately. :roar:

Wa-a-ah! wa-a-ah! wa-a-ah !!! :cry:

Maybe tomorrow ....

I'm finishing up the main front door. Have finished 2 more windows and both staircases are in.

But i still have to glue the walls to the floor. this bit worries me. its like have I done everything. once its glue together its done, well not done finished there is plenty more to do.

Back to whomever spoke about the problems with trying to paint the corrugated paper ceiling on the basic kit roof... Handley House makes (what looks like) a corrugated vinyl-coated paper that can be painted. It will need a base, as it's pretty flimsy (bendable, as corrugated will be), but it will take paint nicely. There's a little label on it, says MH5335 (part no.?). Sorry to be so late in sending this, but I just found it. Hope it helps! Sure beats trying to paint on the furnished corrugated paper!

So, just curious what kind of item/material or whatever is the most odd that you have used in your SF setting so far?!?

Still pondering about that myself....

Hugs

Corrugated paper: check my Fling from last year. I rarely brag about my work. I never feel it's 'all that' but my rusty tin roof rocks! I bought corrugated scrapbook paper in white at Michael's. I used regular sealer from Craftsmart I believe then regular metallic and pigment (burnt umber for rust) acrylic paints, all from Michael's. I had no problems and everything turned out perfect.

• Like 1

So, just curious what kind of item/material or whatever is the most odd that you have used in your SF setting so far?!?

Hugs

Well, according to my oldest grandson, I have totally lost it, gone over the edge, tripped the light fantastic or whatever you want to call it when I used the item in my previous post - the red item that is sneak peak 15. Can't tell you what it is yet but when he saw me creating with it first thing this AM, he just stood there and shook his head. He is quite a creative young man himself but he said I've topped everything I've ever done with this choice. And here I thought I was just being clever and economical.

Hugs

A Christmas ornament. No, my fling has nothing to do with Christmas.

So... I finished my witch house.... why oh why can't I get back into the fling.... I sat there staring at it this morning as it sits on my table.... and I feel no desire at all to work on it... my mind has been going to my Lisa's Cottage sitting in my stash.... but I must finish my Fling... I am off to Europe for most of the month of October... so I only have 40 days left to finish the fling.... I need some desire to work on it....

Yesterday, as I sat looking at my forlorn fling, I got an idea. Something quick but fun. Looks-wise. Today, as I was drawing it out for my husband, it all came together in my mind. I can see something pretty cool that is 'all me'. Hmmm......if things go well the next couple of months, maybe, just maybe....... I really wanted to do my other idea but in reality, I can see doing this one even more. I just have to give up my dream of filling it to the rafters with blank blank blanks. :( My new idea is doable, maybe. Here's hoping :)

• Like 1

Yesterday, as I sat looking at my forlorn fling, I got an idea. Something quick but fun. Looks-wise. Today, as I was drawing it out for my husband, it all came together in my mind. I can see something pretty cool that is 'all me'. Hmmm......if things go well the next couple of months, maybe, just maybe....... I really wanted to do my other idea but in reality, I can see doing this one even more. I just have to give up my dream of filling it to the rafters with blank blank blanks. :( My new idea is doable, maybe. Here's hoping :)

GO GO GO Morgan - RAWW RAWW REEEE kick em in the knee - RAWW RAWW RASS kick em in the other knee.. I just dated myself back to high school. LOL ... Go for it Morgan you can do it..

• Like 4

Working on the accessories for the inside of ...... Some need painting, some sanding and gluing. The walls, floor, and ceiling are done and the exterior walls are complete, trim is ready....yep, it might be time to glue the structure together! I've sure used a lot of tape dry fitting :lol:

GO GO GO Morgan - RAWW RAWW REEEE kick em in the knee - RAWW RAWW RASS kick em in the other knee.. I just dated myself back to high school. LOL ... Go for it Morgan you can do it..

Thanks Ken! I can't stand the thought of not completing my fling but without question, my original idea is no longer possible. Coming up with a simpler idea I like has provided some inspiration. We'll see what happens :)

Thanks Ken! I can't stand the thought of not completing my fling but without question, my original idea is no longer possible. Coming up with a simpler idea I like has provided some inspiration. We'll see what happens :)

Go for it! New ideas and inspiration are great! Besides, since no one knows what you had planned originally, they won't be making any comments that aren't about the way it finally turns out. What freedom! You can keep changing it until photo day :)

• Like 1

I can't wait to get home from my vacation. I'm actually visiting my fling inspiration. I'll be back in 3 days. Then it's fling fling fling till I'm done!

Looks like everyone has been very busy. Glad you are all flinging towards our Halloween deadline with enthusiasm.

Yesterday, as I sat looking at my forlorn fling, I got an idea. ...... My new idea is doable, maybe. Here's hoping :)

Congrats Morgan for the new idea and being flexible with your fling. They can be so bossy and I'm thrilled to hear yours is cooperating with a change in plans. Go Morgan !!! }I{

I had the weekend off again helping another grand move away to college. Now I have a pile of clothing alterations to do for her as we went thrift store shopping while we were moving. No flinging for me. Twinkle got a few things done while I was off helping the elder but we REALLY need to ratchet up our game if we are going to finish in time. Gotta get out that whip and crack it.

My poor Fling is sitting on the coffee table (DH is out of town so I can mess up the house), looking alone and forlorn :( The month of August has disappeared in the busyness of the County Fairs. I've just finished the 4th one - long hours, tedious commutes. Haven't had any time to mini all month! Just looked at the details again, and see that October 31 is the deadline. I think my work load will slow down by that time.