Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Just think, y'all -- in the early years, we had only about 2 months to complete the project. Now you have two months left. Go for it!

But in the early years the fling was the heart arbor and the lobster shack. They were tiny! Lol

But in the early years the fling was the heart arbor and the lobster shack. They were tiny! Lol

True. But then you were less experienced and hadn't had a few months of planning and prep time, either.

We might as well celebrate Thanksgiving on 31 October; Hobby Lobby has been stocking Christmas merchandise since the end of July!

Craft Stores/DIY centers/Fabric Stores......anywhere you buy something that gets made into something, they stock according to a totally different schedule than that which is already made and ready to go.

• Like 1

I managed to finish the SF project I was hating beyond words... I will never _____ again! Even though I lost my oomph on this house... it's nearly finished.... this weekend might possibly wrap it up... it all depends on how the ___ turns out :)

• Like 1

I had a solid start going in the beginning, but I was sick most of July. I was able to work on things here and there, but my main drive went away as I was trying to get better. Then, I finished up The Haunted Heritage because I just couldn't finish another house with sitting there at 90% completion. :D Now, I've opened up the HBS Creatin' Contest kit and realized it's going to take more work than I realized. I think the _______ is going to have to wait for finishing next year. There's the off chance I might win the lottery and be able to mini all day and night...but barring said windfall, I don't think it's likely I'll make it. I'd rather dedicate the proper time to each kit, anyway...instead of pushing through the two projects at half steam. I'll keep it secret for now, though. :hidebhind:

Go get 'em, Flingers!!! :jumping:

• Like 1

Finally got my SF glued, with walls and floors finished! Yay! I'm just so sad that since the hubby and I are selling our house (the real life size one we live in, HA) I have to pick up constantly and can't just leave my project in between bursts of inspiration...or motivation.

Brae, I hope things turn around for you friend. ((((hugs)))))

I am at a holding spot on my fling until I can get to ____________ tomorrow to get __________ and start on the _______________. So I am concentrating on accessories for right now. It's my birthday weekend, which means

obligatory lee'me'lone time for mini creations!!!!

In the mean time, here's a sneak peek!

gallery_5565_4389_76289.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like I will have to bow out of this Fling .. The time is too short with another project I must get done for one of my Granddaughters wedding - I am making her a blanket chest and am now in the finish mode - 9 coats of hand rubbed shellac is very time consuming . Granddaughter comes first.

I will finish the fling build later. I will go ahead and post in the gallery what I have done for now though.

• Like 2

Looks like I will have to bow out of this Fling .. The time is too short with another project I must get done for one of my Granddaughters wedding - I am making her a blanket chest and am now in the finish mode - 9 coats of hand rubbed shellac is very time consuming . Granddaughter comes first.

I will finish the fling build later. I will go ahead and post in the gallery what I have done for now though.

What a wonderful gift! I love the look of shellac finishes! Hope you'll post photos of the blanket chest. :)

What a wonderful gift! I love the look of shellac finishes! Hope you'll post photos of the blanket chest. :)

You bet I will ... And I will continue with the Fling build as I can.. I just know there won't be enough time to finish it for the Fling deadline.

• Like 1

You bet I will ... And I will continue with the Fling build as I can.. I just know there won't be enough time to finish it for the Fling deadline.

I've threatened to submit mine half finish! You know, "under construction, keep out!" Or if I'm really perturbed, a small fire might happen and it would be a scene with clean up :lol: (I'm just kidding about the fire)

I've threatened to submit mine half finish! You know, "under construction, keep out!" Or if I'm really perturbed, a small fire might happen and it would be a scene with clean up :lol: (I'm just kidding about the fire)

How about a tornado? That's what I did with my SF 2010. Here is the album. I found out about a freak tornado that had gone through North Dakota and used clippings from the old newspaper events and re-created my story to include the disaster. Not a winner, of course, but quick and fun nevertheless. I still felt part of the gang - as they say.

Twinkle and I have been having these same panicky feelings like we'll never get them done and why did we start this in the first place and why did we pick the ideas we did and on and on. We have felt like throwing in the towel(s) too. We even have a countdown calendar on the computer, a paper one in the workshop and another one in the kitchen - reminding us how many work days we have left and how many days to photograph and also countdown to the email the pics day. We have tried everything to keep ourselves going. But we were still discouraged.

But now we have had a refreshing and most appreciated surprise that has rejuvenated us both. We went out the get the mail the other day and, lo and behold, there was a large box, packed ever so carefully, just filled to the brim with treasures that will fit into our current schemes and some for our future builds. A wonderful GL member has bestowed a blessing more than she knows on a couple of tired out SF'ers. This has blessed our family with faith that there are still great people in this world. Our GL family is filled with such wonderful people. It is an honor to be part of such a group. Thank you again for our special surprise.

Those of you who are tired and don't think you can finish, just do a little each day and maybe, just maybe it will all come together in a way you didn't expect. We need you too. Don't give up on yourself and your time and abilities. You just never know - it could still happen. Have faith !!!

• Like 2