Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

What a wonderful boost Selkie! I have run out of steam. Bad timing since I have yet to learn how to photograph this thing of mine. Have looked at the tutorials but I'm afraid they aren't basic enough for me. I'm used to point and shoot. Resolution and pixels are foreign words. Oh well...

• Like 1

SCORE!!! just found what I needed on Ebay for 1/2 off what I was looking to pay... and free shipping!!! whoop whoop .....

(still pricey tho... but 1/2 off is fantastic)

Congratulations! Now there's no stopping ya! :D

I've had a little setback with the roof of my SF. It really doesn't give anything (much) away to tell you that I'd scored and stained the sides that would be the ceiling. Stain had dried, and I brought the pieces back into my house and had propped them up against a wall in my work area, making sure that they were not completely against one another, so there was air circulation against the surfaces.

Oh, and I used "natural" stain. No added color.

So here's the weird thing, where the piece leaned against the one below, it's as if it cast a shadow and the piece below darkened in the area that wasn't in the "shadow." The next piece that had one of the carrier sheets with openings from punched out parts propped against it, left its "shadow" on it. So it looks like there are cutouts in the stain intensity.

Remember, these parts aren't touching, the stain was dry, and there is no possible way for them to have been exposed to sunlight or even strong light where I had them.

So now my ceilings look funky. It might be a neat effect for something else. But I wanted stained wood, and the difference is enough that I think it will show through another application of stain. Any ideas? Maybe a diluted whitewash? LOL, new pieces?

Happy Birthday Lyssa! Love your sneak peek!

Thank you!

I finally picked up what I was missing (yea for birthday gift cards) so I will be able to full steam ahead! Looking for an end of the month completion (to give me more time to finish the HBS kit, too). Eeeeeee!!!

• Like 1

Taking a bit of a break, its nice to recharge those imaginative batteries. I know we all sputter out a bit. ....sputter....clunk.

I personally cant wait to see everyone's fantastic builds! I have spent many a hour over last years entries, the wonderful eye candy and creativity.

So if your sputtering out a bit like me, take a break, eat some cake, get recharged.. and I will see you fine folks at the finish line!

Just came in from the shop and am covered with sawdust. I sanded and sanded and sanded some more to get the plywood base smooth enough to paint. I had filled all the holes with patching plaster yesterday. So it's sanded and painted now. Figured I might as well get something finished since everything else is still in pieces. I keep working on stuff but it never gets "done". It has a slight bow up in the middle that I'm hoping will settle down after the weight of the building is on it. I already tried dampening it and left it under weights and that didn't fix it. Keep your fingers crossed.

I can't believe I'm saying this..... I need more skinny sticks. I'm very tired of skinny sticks. :sleep_1:

One can never have to many skinny sticks ;)

Looking forward to seeing what you used them all for!!!

Hugs

Finally got a few materials I had been waiting to get, put them all together and now we are on a roll!!! wooooooo!!! Won't be long now. :) Helps that my boys have a Halloween countdown going on, too.

• Like 1

My Fling is DONE! (well ok... except for the ____ that I had to order more of and will arrive next week... but won't take long to use up) ...

I am working on a few bits for inside.... but it's basically done.... I was actually worried since I will be on vacation for most of October... I needed to get this wrapped up before I left....

• Like 2

thanks folks... it's not an overly creative Fling... the building told me what it wanted to be the moment I saw it and nothing else would work.... I was worried about finishing it in time since the Witch House took over my imagination for a time... and I will be in Europe for 3 weeks next month... so the time to finish was creeping up on me..... I do have the one last thing to do it... but that will only take probably 30 minutes... so I am calling it a wrap :)

• Like 2