Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Well, I just went back out to the workshop and stamped and stomped for a while. Then I decided (w/o having read your post Debora) to set it all up as if I was going to glue it together. After that I decided to take some pictures of it all set up. I figured maybe if I looked at pictures maybe something would jump out at me. I always seem to find glaring errors in the final photo shoots so I thought maybe it would work for this.

Well, after I got it all set up, it didn't look as bad as I thought it would. BUT I still don't know how to resolve the issues I have to figure out.

However, I did find one BIG boo-boo. I cut the top opening for the stairs almost 1/2" off from where it fits into the bottom. Yikes!!! Now I have to figure out how to patch it without anyone seeing it. Gr-r-r-r-r.

Anyhow, I'm still mad at it but I've brought it back from the highway overpass for now. And I'm now panicking because I'm never gonna get it DONE IN TIME !!

Thanks for the encouragement. I need a kick in the pants or a whack aside the head or something.

• Like 1

Selkie, I want to toss the ________ at least once a day. And I totally have some glaring errors, but I'm leaving them. :) I have walked away for a few days at a time, and it's really helped me. Trust me, we all get angry and have self doubt and cut things wrong. I've decided no one will notice the ______ if I don't point it out. Just do some creative photography to hide the extra space. YOU CAN DO IT! KEEP GOING!! :) :) :)

• Like 1

Just a little message for all of you hard working Flingers:

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

This being my first year on the GL Forum,I am so in awe of any and all and every last one of you for your efforts!Yay!!!

• Like 1

Yesterday was very productive! I've almost finished the structure, and if I'm lucky, will be done with it today. Then it's the final inside details and its photo time! :D

Then I will have my work space back, BwaHaHa!

• Like 1

Selkie, I'm sorry to be so late in giving a pep talk and I hope that by now you're feeling more friendly towards your SF -- at least it sounds like it! I've been really lucky in that mine talked to me when I first saw the kit on the Greenleaf page and, I guess because I followed instructions, it hasn't given me a problem -- yet, anyway. My basic build is done -- glued, painted, decorated, etc. Just have to double check before putting on the roofs (yes, plural), and then on to outside details which are, by no means, trivial!

I have tried Windex and warm water. No luck there. I guess I'll need to heed Holly's advice and just say that the glass has all these imperfections in it and that's what makes it so unique (and valuable)... yeah, right!

• Like 1

Selkie~ I told my husband about your roof. He said he would be glad to help (thru pics) if needed. Please, don't lose heart. Mine's in pieces, barely started considering what all I started over on and I still haven't given up completely.

Everyone cross your fingers......I've been sick but it looks like I get to go to the miniatures show today. Inspiration???

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. I still love my idea and I think the Fling wants to be it. My problem is my lack of experience with some of things I'm attempting. I've never done anything quite like this before. I knew it was way out of my comfort zone when I started but I really wanted to jump out of my same old rut. Of course, I can never leave well enough alone and thus bash things to the extent that I can't figure out what to do next. I have plenty of drawings but they aren't translating into real life applications. I have talked with my GL team and gotten a couple of new thoughts springing forth from that. I'm headed out to the shop in a few minutes and will see what might work. Keep your fingers crossed.

• Like 2

It always takes longer than you think it will, doesn't it? Thought I'd be finished today, but I'm not. It's okay. Thought I had the right hardware for the doors and windows but noooo, I was wrong. Didn't even have beads that would do the job....so....guess I've got to shop a little :yes:

There's still plenty of time before the deadline! :bounce:

I got a whole day in on my Fling yesterday. I bribed the kids with new toys and put blinders on to the mess in the house. Nearly all the landscaping outside and such was laid and ready to finalize, and I was so happy. This afternoon- disaster. Things that I worked so hard on yesterday are coming apart. So I flipped it off, turned off the lights, shut the door... and after a good stomp upstairs, decided to sit down and have a Star Wars marathon with the kids. Take that, you rotten fling!!!!

Big hugs to all of you having troubles. :hug:

• Like 2

I got a whole day in on my Fling ..... and I was so happy. This afternoon- disaster. Things that I worked so hard on yesterday are coming apart. So I flipped it off, turned off the lights, shut the door... and after a good stomp upstairs, ..... Take that, you rotten fling!!!!

Hugs to you too. I think our flings must be in cahoots or something. I'm not speaking to mine right now (see previous post).

I tried to fiddle with some furniture this afternoon to at least accomplish something, only to discover my brand new unopened fast grab tacky glue was the consistency of a marshmallow !!! After messing about with it, digging some out, adding water, stirring with a bamboo skewer, I have cottage cheese. Just sayin' - things are not meat to be right now I guess.

Cheers to all the flingers who are flinging along so well and a good dose of perseverance to those of us who are ready to fling our flings right off the highway overpass !!

• Like 1

Cheers to all the flingers who are flinging along so well and a good dose of perseverance to those of us who are ready to fling our flings right off the highway overpass !!

I've been wondering why they call it the Spring Fling! :lol:

• Like 1

i got a decent amount of work done this past weekend but now i'm at the point where i just keep staring at it because i have no idea how to proceed. There's so much to take into consideration when it comes to the order of how things are being completed. ceiling, lighting, interior walls. gah i dont't know what to do first...

and now that i've put on addition # 2, (of 4) it's so big! i hope i can get it through the door once it's landscaped...

...and now that i've put on addition # 2, (of 4) it's so big! i hope i can get it through the door once it's landscaped...

I don't attach houses to their landscaped bases; I set them in place, landscape around them and then remove the house to the room it'll live in and the landscaped base has everything fastened in place so it can be lifted, tipped sideways and toted; then everything lifts back into position.

I don't attach houses to their landscaped bases; I set them in place, landscape around them and then remove the house to the room it'll live in and the landscaped base has everything fastened in place so it can be lifted, tipped sideways and toted; then everything lifts back into position.

That's a good idea! I have landscape lighting so I just assumed I would have to attach them. I think to make it work I'll have to have the base and any landscaping lights be the main electrical run with the junction splice. Then I'll have all the house lighting wired together to one plug and then plug the house into the base somewhere discreetly. Kind of like the base is a wall outlet and the house is a big lamp...

Well........I did it! I found some inspiration at the Portland Miniature show. I'm making some different plans tonight as far as the details are concerned and going for it. I'm excited again. There was one simple thing, all over everywhere on the internet that just didn't work right. And there at the show, I found just what I'd been looking for at 75% less!

• Like 1

Well........I did it! I found some inspiration at the Portland Miniature show. I'm making some different plans tonight as far as the details are concerned and going for it. I'm excited again. There was one simple thing, all over everywhere on the internet that just didn't work right. And there at the show, I found just what I'd been looking for at 75% less!

Don't you just love it when you find a great deal and inspiration to boot!