Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Wooden spools arrived yesterday, Now I have at hand what I need to so the_________ ______ _____ only some sanding involved at will take some time....

Yay!

Hugs

To quote our dear Tracy (minis on the edge) always remember that "inch by inch, it's a cinch, but by the yard, it gets hard" (not an exact quote - I'm sure I'll be corrected).

Anyhow, point is, that just take it in small bits, a little at a time and you'll make it. Look at what you have accomplished instead of fretting over what you "still have to go".

Spending even 15 minutes each day will add up quickly.

Boy is this ever true. Got up early to get some more done this morning before work since last night was shot due to a major migraine.

A couple of houses were sitting next to each other.....

I just noticed that my SF base structure is about the same height as the half scale Rosedale, and the Rosedale at its widest measurement is narrower than the SF. I'd take a picture, but then it would give away the theme, tee hee hee!

Ok, I've made a new rough sketch and a to do list. Now, I'm asking myself, 'what was I thinking???' I plan to do a simplified version of my original plan and simple isn't always quicker :) Truth be told, I like the simpler project better. Now, if I can just get the finished _____ to look like the picture in my head :)

• Like 1

No! I lost the _____ _____! They've got to be somewhere! And the awful part is, I don't know if I lost them or a friend who's staying with us 'organized' them for me. She says she never saw them. Ha! They were in a padded envelope and almost looked like trash if you peeked inside. Hmmmmm.........the DH is the dh rescuer. He said 'buy more'. But, there's always a 'rest of the story'. I already did buy more! I lost them! Buying more, twice, well that's ridiculous. And also the reason I have three jars of mod podge :)

• Like 2

No! I lost the _____ _____! They've got to be somewhere!

Well, I personally think they are hiding with the fireplace surround that I spent a couple weeks working on.

It has been MIA for a week and a half now. :missing:

I think there is a conspiracy going on as it gets closer to the end. Disappearing objects, uncooperative builds, crashing cameras and computers, breaking parts, mismatched paint, missing tiles (I was 19 tiles short !!!!).

It's those stinky little gremlins :wicked: that are trying to steal the show for themselves. They are collecting from all the SF'ers and creating their own winning entry.

Paranoid much Selkie??? :hide:

• Like 1

Ooooh boy .... this isn't looking good folks. Perhaps the rulers were measuring tiles and fireplace placements for the gremlins entry and now that they are done, they could come back home ???

So I ended up carving my own tiles to fill in and then trying to paint them to match the old ones. Aack - took so-o-o much extra time. I'm still holding out hope for the return of my fireplace surround though. I mean - it's not like it is a small little tidbit for goodness sakes.

Yesterday I spent carving the _____ for on the ______. I ended up using an old dental tool.

Haha! So true, Selkie. Both of my metal rulers disappeared for a whole week. They finally surfaced yesterday.

Considering they both disappeared and reappeared, together, I hope you asked what they were up to :)

Uh-oh; you'll know what they've been up to when little 6" metal rulers start appearing.

• Like 1

With all that is going on, hm-m-m-m-m - is it just me or do you think that the flingers are becoming just about flung out?

When the slaphappy factor starts to escalate - methinks the end of the fling is drawing nigh.

Does anyone remember last year's Fling Dictionary?

I know, right? I can feel the UGH factor happening with the flingers. But we're so close to the end! I went ahead and glued on the final wall today. I'd been too scared to glue it on, but then I decided to dive right in. I will finish this fling even if it kills me!! :death:

• Like 2

I promised myself I would submit my entry even if it was half finished. :)

When I finally got a grip and simplified, everything starting falling into place pretty rapidly, and I'm happy to report that the structure is now all glued together. So, some hardware, some decorating and some photos.... And I can draw a line under it.

Blondie, I was afraid to glue it together too, for fear I was missing a step, but had to just say "whatever" and go for it. So everyone, Go For It! :cheer:

• Like 1