Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

... I'm thinking of you all and remembering my own panic at this point last year.

Panic - who me? Yes - me !!!

Jo, right now, I'd rather be you laughing and enjoying the flingers antics and products than me who is stressing herself out. I'll never be done. I keep changing my mind.

I've painted one piece 6 different finishes because it never looks quite right - whatever right is I think I'll never know.

Since I've redesigned the roof, I'm having to redesign several other areas too to fit the new roof.

What is the matter with me? Can't leave well enough alone I guess.

Alright, I'm officially out. If you popped into the chit-chat section, you'll know that I had a small fire in my condo building and have been in upheaval for the past month as repairs and renovations have been done. Everyone is fine, and the loss was mainly property damage. We were all very lucky.

So, I've gone ahead and revealed my idea. I'll be cheering you all on as you finish up and post your projects! :jumping:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=6278

• Like 2

Selkie! :nono:

Everyone's style is different! (Thankfully)

Part of what I love about Brae's work is the inspiration I draw from her builds, how she solves problems, how she uses and incorporates materials. But if I compared my work to hers I'd freeze in the headlights and get nowhere.

As much as I think you are trying to express how much you admire her work, don't let it stop you from expressing your own style and completing the project. Take a fresh look at it knowing its going to be unique and will provide all of us with yet more ideas and inspiration! :yes:

• Like 4

If we all got stuck admiring the styles of others as better, no one would ever focus on the value of their own style. Perfection.......what is it, really? To me, if it's too perfect, it lacks character. To someone else, if it's as imperfect as I prefer, it's a mess. No style is better, no workmanship is better, if you value 'heart work.'

• Like 2

I worked all day yesterday on the accessories for .......... Got paint and glue everywhere. It was great! It's almost there, done, fini! Almost.

I've got a couple more things to finish and it's photo time :pepper:

I gave myself an October 1st deadline because of my work schedule this month. It's way too busy for me the last week of October; I could easily miss the deadline, so thus the early date for me. Unlike some very fortunate people we know (I'm not telling who but her name begins with Kellyannmo) I don't get to go on a THREE WEEK VACATION to see CASTLES, in person :eek: okay, maybe a little envious over here, but in a good way :lol: I know Kelly is a very generous person and will share her photos with us! Hey Kelly, with the Internet you could even send us updates :bounce:, you know, with castles in them.... Okay, calming down.... ( have a great trip Kelly!)

So keep going everyone. We're almost there! :cheer:

• Like 1

We had some fun in using the saw for minor details, DH wanted to be of assistance so that was a nice time spent together n the "shop"

Soon the clay will be used....

• Like 2

Twinkle and I have given ourselves a deadline of the week before so if there are problems with weather for photographing we have a week to try it over.

I'm not thinking I'm going to make it at this point. I have let myself go too over the top with ideas and now I'm struggling to figure out how to pull it together. I've tried dumbing it down but it won't work with where it is already at. I've either got to do it right or not do it at all. No need to feel badly for me - it's my own fault. First I had too big of ideas, then didn't tend to business, had RL interfere, lost enthusiasm at several points, got back to work and ran into serious structural dilemmas, and now feel in panic mode even though I'm putting some serious time in on it. Fingers crossed but being realistic as well.

I'm pretty sure Twinkle will finish. Hers is absolutely adorable and I can't wait for everyone to see it. She has worked very hard. She has been the recipient of some wonderful treasures to add to her collection too which has been so thoughtful on the part of our secret agent team.

• Like 1

Well Selkie, I hope you get the time to finish your project and enter. It has sounded like an interesting build from the various hints you've given us. But I sure hope you don't stress yourself about it. It's suppose to be fun, and if its becoming something stressful heaped on all the other RL stresses, then who needs that, right? :D

Whether you enter or not, just do the fun bits!

I'll keep plugging along- that's for sure. I've invested a great deal of time, energy, dreams, and $$'s.

I don't want it to be for naught.

But this afternoon, I looked at all I still have to do and realized that it's probably not going to happen.

I'm thinking I could enter it as a model home that was ready for the new owners to pick the final finishes before moving in.

Hahahahaha !!!

Which one do you think could be mine?

post-2708-0-85486500-1380498803_thumb.jp

post-2708-0-73523800-1380498801_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Modei home ... I LIKE that idea! Make some sample boards for rugs, counter tops, cabinet finish, floor and wall tile choices etc and put them on little easels in the appropriate places. :D

• Like 1

Selkie, you may have been joking but that is the most amazing Idea I have heard yet! And, I'd be willing to bet that no one else has had that same idea. Absolutely brilliant! Go for it! Wish I'd have thought of that!!!

I have been very quietly plugging away, and the structure itself in my SF is finally finished; yes, there is a good bit more than the "structure," which is what makes it a ______ & ________ _____ with a _____________, but considering that I've only worked on this for two months, I do believe I can finish this baby in time. My granddaughter, who is the photographer in the family, has volunteered to do the photos for me! Hallelujah!

But, back to you, Selkie... Kathie is right. DO IT! It's got to be a lot easier to come up with little samples of fabric -- get some fat quarters at Joann's or Hobby Lobby or whatever; bits of wood from old construction; and so on. Then just make the signs up! You're alreading thinking about this -- I can see from the little pix you posted, so you're almost there!