Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Your finished? OMG I still need to __________ & _________ & ______ & _____. Ok wait I can take off the _____ that part is done. I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with.

Finnished? NOOOOOOOOOOO... remember when I said I was at 5% three months ago? Well I am proud to announce I am now at 4.98% WOOOOT...er wait what?

Jane, I am so jealous of your picture taking! RL has come crashing into me lately and for a good chunk of time there, I wasn't sure if I was going to finish in time.

But after two days of ignoring my life (but still keeping my kids alive) I am nearly there. A lot of little pesky things are left.... like the roof. And cleaning up the edges

of the base. I suppose, I could be finished this week, since all that is left after that are the details. We all know that it's the details that make a piece soar though.

Chugga, chugga.

Then I have to figure out how to move the beast outside for pictures.... *thud*

Thanks for your confidence hon! but I have been worried that the shots I have been taking with the potato I use are not going to be good enough ;P

My camera is crapping out..I mean has been for 6 months but..lets ..wait till the last second to stress out about it ;P

I am also doing details, but being a scatterbrain and a mom I totally get life getting in the way ;P

What happened?? Kids go to school we have time to ourselves RIGHT???.....yeah right *lol*

chugga chugga!!

Thanks Morgan. I'm still putting one glue dab in front of the other ....

Busy RL week though so I fear the glue dabs may move slowly this week.

Congrats to those who are finishing up!!

I ran out of turquoise paint, so I had to make a long drive today to find the right shade. Now back to painting and waiting for paint to dry. Wait. Did I say TURQUOISE?? Yes, yes I did. :)

• Like 3

I took vacation time the 16, 17, and 18 in hopes of have week to do small details and such as well as pics taken, but thanks to car accident leaving me with broken elbow, and now unable to use arm until cast comes off I not sure how much I will be able to get do. ButiI will be doing what iI can one handed. I am determined to finish.

• Like 3

I took vacation time the 16, 17, and 18 in hopes of have week to do small details and such as well as pics taken, but thanks to car accident leaving me with broken elbow, and now unable to use arm until cast comes off I not sure how much I will be able to get do. ButiI will be doing what iI can one handed. I am determined to finish.

I'm sorry to hear of your accident and arm. I hope you feel better soon! Submit it anyway. We'll never know if you did everything you planned :wink:

• Like 1

Oh,Lindsey,bless your heart! Sending a prayer for low pain and fast healing!! Just do your best and try to enjoy the work that you are able to do...I know it's hard,but try to not let it get to you! :console:

Lindsey, I have broken my right elbow three times between age 50 and age 56, the second and third times in a cast. It definitely interfered with some mini maneuvers, the ones I couldn't learn to do lefthanded. Adding my prayers for a speedy recovery.

I very much admire your great attitude, Lindsey. I am glad it sounds like a broken elbow is the worst of it.

I don't think I'm going to make it. I thought I had 15 non-work days in September but ended up working all of them. And I really needed those days. I'll keep trying, but I haven't even touched the poor thing for since July :(

Sorry to hear so many pulling up right before the home stretch. Do think about brushing off the sawdust and photographing your SF in whatever state it's in when the deadline approaches. You know we'll understand that time wasn't on your side.

Lindsey, I'm sorry to hear about your elbow but hope others in the accident fared better. Is it your dominant arm?

It is my not my dominant arm. Our car was totalled, the guy hydroplaned and smashed into the passenger side of the car. He was fine, he was in a big ford truck with bumper guard. But between my determination and my husband gorrilla fingers (he wears size 16 wedding ring) I will try to finish.

Sorry to hear about your car accident and injuries. What a terrible thing to have happen. Hope you are quick healer and a super dexterous person. Good luck with the healing, the insurance company, the car issues and the SF !

I know I've posted this before but since it's crunch time and we are all beginning to panic I'll remind everyone that you CAN submit an unfinished SF. Here is the link to my SF 2010 picturing a barn/home who experienced a tornado. It worked - not a winner but it was funny and fun.

A car wreck isn't how I broke my elbow. I finally caved and got a cane to aid my balance issues; I don't fall down, I haven't broken my elbow again. It took a few days and Advil to use my right hand without the grinding pain (for writing, but painting would also fit), so use your DH as much as he's willing.

I can now officially say that my whole fling is finally fully assembled with the exception of the roof/ceilings. The interior has been done for a while but now that all the additions are built and attached i just have to do all the exterior finishes.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your car accident and injuries. What a terrible thing to have happen. Hope you are quick healer and a super dexterous person. Good luck with the healing, the insurance company, the car issues and the SF !

I know I've posted this before but since it's crunch time and we are all beginning to panic I'll remind everyone that you CAN submit an unfinished SF. Here is the link to my SF 2010 picturing a barn/home who experienced a tornado. It worked - not a winner but it was funny and fun.

y

Selkie, I believe you did "finish" just not the way you meant too! I think that was a great way to do it!