Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

I made a big list a few days ago. Today I sorted it into Must Haves and If There Is Time. :) I also figured out there are realistically only three types of photos I can take, so in theory, I know how they should look already. Problem solved! Lol. I will take a ton of pix for the gallery though. :)

I can't wait to see everyone's work!! I also can't wait to stop obsessing about the ________ for a while! Wheee!

• Like 1

Blondie, I like your bright colors and all the knick knacks, but I can't figure out what it's all going to come together to be. I can't wait till the galleries start going up! When do ya'll think it will be okay to start posting our pics. Mine are ready, but I don't want to post too early.

I should think that we could post at any time now. What was the reason for the secrecy to begin with? So no one would steal our idea(s)? I think it's a little too late now for someone to start something entirely new -- unless they're faster than the speed of light (and that includes shipping time for whatever they might have to order!

I like the idea of waiting until the contest deadline comes before revealing our albums.

You can upload them anytime and leave them set to "Private" and then switch it to "Public" at that date.

For me, it adds to the excitement - sort of like not unwrapping your Christmas presents until Christmas morning.

Seeing other folks things ahead of time also does something else for me - I immediately start comparing everyone else's work to mine and begin despairing that mine is the worst of the worst of the worst. (I'm kinda the half empty cup kind of gal). I have not entered some of the contests because of that in the past. I wish I could whip it out of myself but so far - not yet.

Of course it's a personal preference on anyone's part. Anyone is free to do as they prefer.

• Like 1

Oh wait - now I get it .... :doh:

Those haven't been goal posts all this time - you're doing a princess hot pink version of the McDonald's Golden Arches !!!! :clap:

Whew ! Glad I finally figured that one out :bigwink:

I'm still lurking around the forum but am still SO far from being done that someone should slap me and take away my computer privileges !!

What fun. There is still one little thing I would like to find for my _______. Every time I find one I like, it's in another country. Well, I just found one I LOVE and said to myself 'if it's close enough to get here, this is it.' Imagine my surprise when I saw it was in the same very small town I live in.

• Like 2

What fun. There is still one little thing I would like to find for my _______. Every time I find one I like, it's in another country. Well, I just found one I LOVE and said to myself 'if it's close enough to get here, this is it.' Imagine my surprise when I saw it was in the same very small town I live in.

Sometimes the universe smiles.

• Like 1

I took all my pics and decided which I liked but once I uploaded them I realized the dog had fallen over

Oh, my! Maybe the judges will figure the dog is resting!

• Like 1

I took all my pics and decided which I liked but once I uploaded them I realized the dog had fallen over

This post just makes me smile and smile :)

Who knows, could be a feature by getting the judges' attention, causing them to linger on your images and.....

Too tired from the long photo shoot and he couldn't take it any more ....

or

He had a nip snuck in his water dish ....

Ok, so I found a _____, practically next door. Today, I get to fling away. I stood with my daughter, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the bus, ready for flingtime. I began to think about teacher conferences tonight. Then, it hit me. There is NO SCHOOL today! Yep. That's right. I am so focused on finishing my fling I got my little one ready for school and we stood there, waiting for the bus, waving to neighbors... Ok, so a few obviously had a good laugh. I wonder what they would say if they knew what had me so distracted?! A dollhouse... They're gonna put me away somewhere :) Hopefully an old folks home with a giant craft room :) (remember, I am an OLD Mom... My little one was given to me is the best way to put it)

• Like 4

.... Then, it hit me. There is NO SCHOOL today! Yep. That's right.....

Now this sounds like something I would do. Only difference is 2 of my grands are old enough to read the calendar even though I can't !!! Good thing you realized it before you assumed you missed the bus and drove her on over to the school.

This is a wonderful scene actually. I've had a very nice chuckle in the midst of taking a break from - no - not flinging - but bookkeeping for our business - P-tooey ... it's the end of a quarter and it's always a ton of paperwork.