Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

I need specifics on the deadline -

October 31st -- check

what time? -- by midnight?

what time zone? -- Pacific?

I will be cutting it right down to the wire! Glad I'm not wasting time on Halloween! Keep the porch light off, and the craft light on.

• Like 2

Hm-m-m ?? that time zone thing is a question. I know it has been asked before. GL is in New York state which would be EST so midnight would be considerably earlier that the west coast. Maybe the original post has that info in it.

Here is a copy from the front page of this topic - directly from Dean. It does not specify a time. Maybe a Moderator could find out for you. You might try PM'ing Fov or Minis on the Edge

Submit your 3 BEST pictures to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com by Halloween, October 31, 2013, with the words in the subject line "I'm a winner". You can include a short description of your project. Also, please include your name and shipping address. Your pictures will be posted by your first name and the first letter of your last name (eg. Dean R) or by your forum name if it is included (eg. Mini Man).

A select group of Greenleaf Staff, not Forum Staff, but the people that actually make your dollhouses, will select the winners.

The winners will be announced by the middle of November and all the submissions will be uploaded to a
special gallery for all to enjoy!

Thanks, Selkie - I had looked at that first, hoping it would give specifics. Maybe it just means by midnight in our own time zones. I'm sure they are not sitting at the computer at one minute after midnight to drop the axe :bangin: . Midnight NY time would be 9:00 pm my time :( I just might need those last 2 hours and 55 minutes!

Yay! Go SF-ers!! I just glued _______ on the ________. Phew! All done with that part. I only have one major component left to make (and paint a billion times) and then it's on to final touch ups and decor. I can't believe I'm actually going to finish the _____ soon. What will I incessantly talk about when I'm finished??? Ah yes, the Rosedale and the Beacon Hill! Hahahaha! :)

• Like 1

Did the dog get hold of those tainted Chinese chewies? Call the vet!

I'm betting the dog just got tired of posing for the photos and decided to take a little nap. He's probably bright-eyed and bushy-tailed now that the stress has been removed.

• Like 2

I'm betting the dog just got tired of posing for the photos and decided to take a little nap. He's probably bright-eyed and bushy-tailed now that the stress has been removed.

Go, puppies, go! :dog:

• Like 2

I just glued together part of the final component. Only a little bit left to go. I'm so close, but I know I'm going to have to paint these stoooooopid _________s three times each. Oof.

*musters up last remaining bit of creativity*

• Like 1

Seriously... I see no way of finishing, yet... I just can't stop. This is cccrazy! So, I mentioned the etsy artisan I found in my town. I need some opinions here and have no clue if I should start a new topic. I bet everyone here has an opinion and hey... We could all use a quick breather from fling thinkin, right?

I met with the gal I mentioned. She had 3. I couldn't choose. Yep. 3 came home with me and I haven't an ounce of buyers remorse. None. She's never built a dollhouse but would like one already built, maybe a craigslist rehab. But, she makes wicked awesome 'stuff' in miniature. I am incredibly impressed. I suggested she join this forum and let everyone see her work. We are talking about a young woman who couldn't be a better asset to mankind if she was paid. Sweet, humble... She looked at me, horrifed. 'I can't do that. It would be like soliciting'. I explained how this was a community and she would enjoy it for a multitude of reasons. She has no desire to take advantagr of a situation but truth be told, you all deserve to know her. My question is, shouldn't I encourage her? Don't we all enjoy great artistry being made available to us? Any input is welcome and I will pass it along. In the meantime, I have 3 things to build a thing for :)

• Like 1

Oh, I'm a happy camper! Stayed up till 2:00 a.m. and got something working that I've been trying to do for ages! It was an idea I had for last year's SF, which I ended not building, and I still wanted to do it this year. Just wasn't sure how. I think I've got it! Putting the finishing touches on it today! It's gonna work! It's gonna work!! :banana:

• Like 3

Morgan, you can share with us her wicked awesome work and then share our comments with her. Let her know that we are all looking to learn, and it appears she has a lot to teach us. That might encourage her to let some of that lovely light shine out from under the bushel basket. :)

And a mighty shout-out to CJ -- you go, girl!

• Like 2

I gave myself an October 1st deadline because of my work schedule this month. It's way too busy for me the last week of October; I could easily miss the deadline, so thus the early date for me. Unlike some very fortunate people we know (I'm not telling who but her name begins with Kellyannmo) I don't get to go on a THREE WEEK VACATION to see CASTLES, in person :eek: okay, maybe a little envious over here, but in a good way :lol: I know Kelly is a very generous person and will share her photos with us! Hey Kelly, with the Internet you could even send us updates :bounce:, you know, with castles in them.... Okay, calming down.... ( have a great trip Kelly!)

LOL.... I just saw this Debora :) You totally made me laugh..... I am working on going through my zillion and one pictures.... I will post a link to my public Facebook photo page I share with 2 friends once I get them loaded and folks can look at them if they want too. It was an amazing trip.... I am completely exhausted.... but it was amazing.....

I have to also get some decent SF pics to post.... I can't wait to see everyone's entries.

• Like 2

Kelly, glad you're back safe and sound and ready to start sharing those photos :D

So I did a little test earlier to see if I set my Gallery to "Private" if I could upload SF pics without them showing up in the banner. Using my brain (just a little) I decided to use one of the GL kit photos so that just in case it didn't work I wouldn't suddenly be doing the big reveal prematurely. Well it didn't work. The GL photo was up there for anyone to see, so (now that I know how to delete photos successfully, thanks, Selkie) I took it down fast. I'd hoped to be able to upload a gallery of the SF, but it will have to wait. So back to work on the White Rose....

Go Team Fling! :cheer:

Debora, I have already created my album and have it set on private. It will appear to you, but no one else. It'll show in the gallery lineup, but only to you until you change the setting to public. Just make sure your setting is on private.

• Like 1

I still have to go through all my reveal photos myself, I have to take a few more close-ups..can you believe it???

I have also decided to make a small movie/slide show for it. You can upload it to YouTube and post it on your blogs or here as a link as addition to your gallery.

If any of you folks want to try that you should be able to use windows movie maker on your computer, pretty intuitive program.

*Big welcome back to Kelly! lucky gal * :medieval:

Madly working on a final element today-- an element that my mother decided that the scene needed, and she was right. :bear: Finished up and had time to shoot a few pics before the sun started sinking too fast-- I think it's there; I'm ready to shoot a few dozen more tomorrow.

• Like 1

I'm trying so hard but I don't know if im gonna make it. If I had like one more week I think I'd be good but I have so much left to do. :'(

You have 6 days..ish Plenty of time! .. Just start thinking of your shots, work on those areas first *wink* you can get it done :banana:

A lot of dollhouse building is smoke and mirrors. Like Jane said, concentrate on the photos. You can actually finish later. Just work on what is needed to produce your photos. Good luck everyone!