Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Well, I'm pretty sure that Twinkle is entering and I am not. I decided towards the end of the week I would assist her to finish up some details and do the photography. It means giving up my time to her but I'm feeling right about doing it. If something happens that I can get mine to a photo stage then - great - but if not, it's best for her to have the experience of completing and entering hers. She's worked long and hard and deserves to enter. We were hoping to have hers done today. I'm not sure it's gonna happen as the sun is fading fast and I hate flash shots. We'll see.

• Like 1

And seriously, I uploaded over 100 photos of the construction process, so WOW that's a lotta pix of the ________. :roflmao:

To everyone still working, remember you STILL HAVE TIME! You can do this. GO Spring Fling team!!!!! :D:bounce: My sheet from the kit says to enter by November 1, so methinks that means you can upload right up until midnight on October 31st.

• Like 1

Well, I just had a bowl of Cheerios and am calling it a day. We did not get to the photography yet. We had a couple setbacks that ended up having to rethink a couple things on her entry. She was very frustrated and needed lots of Gram support to pull herself together and move forward. We have them resolved now but we have to wait for glue and paint to dry to finish assembling some things. It is very late for her to get to bed on a school night now and she has a huge research paper to present in English class tomorrow. So enough flinging today. It's due to rain so we probably won't photograph until Tuesday.

Please tell her this 36 year old also had bad moments and CRIED a couple of times throughout the build. Then remind her she did it for FUN and to have bonding time with you! :) then remind yourself of that, too, and take pix of your _______. :) :)

Ugh my cat decided to chew on my fling a bit last night... :pullhair:

Where's the mini-insurance man when you need him? Hope the damages can be repaired or camouflaged in time for photos!

You can do it, Jeffrey. Keep going! I was terrified the whole time that Gretchen would finally "discover" the ______. She completely ignored it, which is NOT like her at all. Once the decor started going in, I got more and more worried about little paws reaching in the windows. She only noticed the ______ when I moved it around to work on it in the living room. When I put it back on the dining room table, it was safe. I have NO idea how this happened because she loves to play with EVERYTHING. I gave her a few pieces of scrap block wood to bat around and she went nuts with them. I found one in my bed when I got in last night. The scrap wood is part of the ________s. That was close! :ohmy:

Note to Greenleaf: There really need to be some cat emoticons in our choices. Like at least five of them.

• Like 1

Two makor paint jobs done, another partially done, now to get those pieces permanently fixed in place.... Tomorrowand then hopefully pictures come Wednesday, keep fingers crossed the bad weather have cleared away by then.

Hugs

Seriously... It must be the time of year and someone just jinxed me. I read all about the cat damage thinking 'I'm so glad we don't have cats right now'. I made my little post and hit send. I then hear my son yell 'Did you tell the girls they could paint?' Umm... No... I went to check. Oh, no. The 4 year old that lives with us (severe adhd & never behaves) had just led our 5 year old (angel, don't argue) on a dollhouse painting adventure. And me? I heard every word of what was going on and thought they were pretending! It's a rehab, waiting it's turn. No reaaaaal damage. The only problem was hiding my laughter.

• Like 2

I can't stay mad at him. He's hidden all his toys and just wanted something to play with.

I ran out of shingles and one other material that's got me at a standstill. I placed an order at HBS Sunday night hopefully it gets here tomorrow so I can power through an all nighter and take photos Wednesday on my lunch break.

• Like 2

Could one of the admins, or someone in the know, find out for me what the time deadline is on the 31st? I sent a PM to Dean but I guess that's not kosher. No answer. I want to know if it has to be time-stamped before midnight EASTERN time? or our own LOCAL TIME? I think emails stamp the arrival time, not the sending time. So if I post something at 9:00 pm PT it will show as 12:00 midnight ET. Which means if I post it at midnight my time - it will be too late.

Could someone closer to the top of the food chain find out for me? I'm afraid those three hours (between ET and PT) will be critical for me.

I had a moment where I didn't think I would finish because I ran out of __________ and then, it being the week of Halloween and having littles that need costumes, I again, freaked out.... but here we are, and I am DONE!!! I will be taking pictures of the _______ ________ _____ tomorrow and sending them in by tomorrow evening. Hurrah!!! With everything I had going on this Fling time and the deadline being at the end of my busiest month all year long, I really didn't think that I would finish in time... but I did! Go, Flingers, go!!!! :jumping:

Now, to breathe and finish Thor's hammer and a Hawk Eye quiver for Thursday. :)

• Like 3

Twinkle is getting close. Hoping we can get pictures done today. Not sure that is realistic though.

We had another calamity yesterday. At least she didn't see it when it happened. She had left something all glued and clamped for me to undo yesterday AM. When I took the clamps off, ba-bing - it was in a million small parts again. I knew she'd freak out so I grabbed out the Omni glue (which I detest using as I can never get it off me afterwards) and reglued that miserable (being polite here) thing. It took almost an hour of tedious bit by bit but by the time she got home from school it was at least together. She refused to take the clamps off saying I could do that today while she was at school. Gee thanks honey, let me have all the fun.

I think part of our problem is our workshop is unheated and thus we have very uneven temps for paint and glues to dry this time of year. We use a little space heater when we are actually out there but it's so expensive to run I can't leave it on all the time in an uninsulated area. It's been in the 20's overnight every night for the last couple weeks so it's hard to warm it up.

She did get another one of her final do-dads made just before bedtime and has left that for me to unclamp as well.