Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

well its tuesday morning and my order is still preparing for shipment.

SPOILER ALERT! highlight between the arrows below to read

-->i'm gonna spill the beans and say that i'm waiting on stone veneer for an exterior covered staircase. it has been "primed" with stone texture spray paint so i guess i can just leave that for the pictures even though it looks 100% better with the actual stones. I need the stones to be in place because the roof structure sits on top of the finished stones. So worst case, I'm going leave my staircase stone-paint-textured and roofless, and lightly glue everything else together for photos and then tear it all apart and do it right when my supplies get here. <--

Jeff, you gotta throw that roof on there! I'm sure you can find a way to make it work with the photos. I'm sorry for the disappointment of not having the supplies you need in time though. :rant: I still believe you can get it done and it will look amazing though!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Well my building will have a roof but my covered exterior staircase won't have the roof it's supposed to have. I'm going to try to wing it but if I can't make it work, No big deal

• Like 1

I am as finished as I'm going to be. I took photos last night, and tonight I'll look them over, hopefully choose 3, and submit my entry.

Worst case scenario, I'll have to take more photos and move the look-over, choosing, and entry to tomorrow.

On a positive note, once I got the building furnished/decorated, I was pleasantly surprised. It looks way better than I thought it would!!

• Like 2

It's getting close! I can't wait to see all the new eye candy! To all those still trying to finish, there is still some time. If you don't get completely finished, you can photograph in a way it doesn't show. Smoke and Mirrors, fake it and finish later just don't stress and please enter!

• Like 1

well its tuesday morning and my order is still preparing for shipment.

SPOILER ALERT! highlight between the arrows below to read

-->i'm gonna spill the beans and say that i'm waiting on stone veneer for an exterior covered staircase. it has been "primed" with stone texture spray paint so i guess i can just leave that for the pictures even though it looks 100% better with the actual stones. I need the stones to be in place because the roof structure sits on top of the finished stones. So worst case, I'm going leave my staircase stone-paint-textured and roofless, and lightly glue everything else together for photos and then tear it all apart and do it right when my supplies get here. <--

Aww--maybe the website/tracker is lagging the actual progress to your door.

Expected delivery date is Halloween. No good. I'm gonna paint over my stone textured spray paint areas to match the colors of the stone veneer that has already been applied as best as I can.

It's 30 minutes to midnight and I just walked in from spray painting in the back yard. I'm not going to bed tonight until my building has a roof. foregoing the finished ceiling since it won't show in the pictures. Same goes for any unfinished electrical work since I don't plan to have it lighted in the photos anyway.

Go Jeff - Go CJ - Go Morgan - Go everyone else who is cramming at this last possible second - you can do it. I know you can !!!!

Go SF team !!!

Okay helping out someone is a wonderful thing to do, right? Does freezing your toes and buns off HAVE to be part of the package? Well in our area, yes. We had a heat wave last night and it was all the way up to a whopping 28 degrees when I got up this morning. I have finally gotten the workshop over the 40 mark with the space heater but I'm chilled to the bone. Man, I can't even get the quick/fast dry glue to dry. Taking a warm-up break. Can we be done now, please?

Back in for another warm up.

Selkie, take the whole thing into the living room in front of the TV. That's what I did. :D

Well, Blondie, no can do - DH's deal is no dh's in common or public areas of the house. That's why none of mine are out anywhere where anyone can see them. It's kinda frustrating but maybe someday if I build something he thinks is good enough, he'll change his mind.

We've managed to stay married for 45 years so far so, guess I won't rock the boat over this one. Not worth it at this stage of the game.

Didn't go to bed until 3 AM. got up at 6:30 AM to fling some more before work. My fling has a roof now. I still need to shingle it but that shouldn't take too long, i have shingle sheets. then I have to paint my staircase to mimic stone, do all the landscaping put _______ on the ______ , make entry steps, AHHHHHHHHHH

I should "get sick" and leave work early today.

Good call, Selkie. :)

To his credit , DH just called and said he'd bring home supper so I don't have to cook tonight since we are at the photo crunch time. :clap:

• Like 3