Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

1st round of pics taken. You remember you are old when you are crawling around the damp grass in cold weather. Hahahahaha

Will load them on the computer later and see what we got. Still have time to take a few more in the morning if necessary.

• Like 2

Album pics edited and uploading now. Got confirmation from Dean, so I can breath easy and await eye candy. Will be a fun way to spend Friday and I will have plenty of sugary snacks, too!!!!

• Like 3

Just finished painting and if I do say so myself I think it looks very good. My mom said to cancel the order for the veneer and just leave the paint. Lol.

On to the next task!

• Like 2

Album pics edited and uploading now. Got confirmation from Dean, so I can breath easy and await eye candy. Will be a fun way to spend Friday and I will have plenty of sugary snacks, too!!!!

I second Lyssa's thought here..after a loooong week of Halloween parties and rushing around and tomorrow another day of being "supermom constructor of big plans" I have decided!!!!

After I send off my daughter on the bus Friday

• Claiming random sickness
  • Getting into my softest bummiest lounge wear
  • A large cup of flavored coffee and a toasty waffle
  • A blanket lined couch
  • My laptop attached to my 55 inch television
  • Leftover candies and treat bucket at my side.

I figure I will just lounge there like Dionysus with my bucket of goodies and jug of coffee for 5 hours whilst I roam and adventure in the amazing build of my fellow flingers'

I deserve it.. and I think.. the rest of you do as well ;)

• Like 4

Final Sneak Peek of this years contest.

Can you guess what it is?

attachicon.gifSneak Peek.jpg

Selkie, the columns make it look like an elevated parking garage to me, but I think it's a packing box?

Way to go all you Flingers! For those still rushing to the finish line...You Can Do It! :cheer:

Since this is the first Fling since I found the Forum (say that 3 times fast!lol),and I'm only an observer this year, I'm very honored and excited to see what you all have been up to!! As soon as I get in from work Friday,I'll sign in to GL and fully expect to say a lot of ooohs and aaahs all evening! Good luck to you all and thanx for making it so interesting and fun for a Greenleaf newbie! Kat :flowers:

• Like 1

It's 12 EST. They are in New York :)

Thank you, Tracy. I was up till 4:00 am last night / this morning. - will probably do the same tonight. Oh, it's already after midnight. I think I might make it! Just stopped in here quickly to see if I had an answer yet. Thanks so much - I'll be at the computer no later than 8:00 pm my time.

• Like 1

After checking through the pics we took yesterday, I think I need to do another round.

She's okay with it as is but some crummy brown RL leaves are a major distraction factor in them to my eyes.

Don't want the judges thinking "Why don't these folks ever rake their lawn?" instead of "Wowzers, what a great _______ !!"

I dread the thought of dragging it back outdoors and setting it up again but if my knees will hold out, I think I'm going to take it out again after she leaves for school. Took my arthritis meds early this morning so I'll be as ready as I can.

She did such a great job for her first fling, I want it to show nicely in her three little pics. :1st:

She's a talented young lady - no prejudiced Grammy here ya know. :spoton:

• Like 2

...She's a talented young lady - no prejudiced Grammy here ya know. :spoton:

She IS a talented young lady, and it's perfectly appropriate for her proud granny to sing her praises for her!

Hurray C.J.! :thumbup:

Well, real-life intervened and my build is still in dry-fit :teary: It just was not in the plan for me this year. However my favorite part of the contest (the reveals) is coming soon :bouncesmile: I can't wait to see what all you super-talented guys have been doing!

• Like 1

Well, I'm back inside. The rain is killing my photo shoot. I've done another hundred shots before I couldn't stay out any longer. Now I'm set up in my kitchen on the island trying to drape sheets around to cover up my kitchen so it won't show in the photos. I've gotten a couple good "lights on" interior shots but they probably aren't what we'll use for the contest of course. Too detailed. Anyhow, I need to set up my tripod if I'm going to get more indoors work done.

Plus I really need to get onto Halloween for the little guys. Goodie goodie gum drops (no pun intended) - trick or treating in the rain - fun - not !