Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Well I'm just back from Cyprus and looking forward to seeing some of the reveals - maybe tomorrow?

Good luck to everybody who has entered. Shame there can only be 3 winners but if GL do the same as previous years, everyone will get a prize of a 1/4 scale version of the kit in recognition of their entry.

Well I am so mad right now, as we had this terrible weather after Monday night's storm I never made it outside to do a photo session I rigged a make do photo place in our basement and when carryng things down our steep set of stairs down to the basement, I dropped one major piece along with the camera so both items are splat dead right now so I will just go sit down in a corner and await the eye candy to come while sulking. Insert words not appropriste to print here! Swet hubby said it was lucky I didn't accomany them onto the cement floor though bless his heart but...

• Like 1

I know we are all over the US here.. but maybe a lot of us on East Coast? I live in bum%*$# NY and its been rain'in allll day. I we have had 4 Halloween parties the last week.. So I would so skip the rain dance.. but seeing my little ones face... :please:

Umbrellas and a short, SHORT romp.. maybe pickup candy on the ride back for Dionysus day *cackle* Should be on sale today ;P

Anna! Run to the nearest neighbor to borrow a camera!!

I can't wait to see everyone's builds!!!!

:bounce8: :bounce8: :bounce8:

Wish I coul, but it is past ten over here so will have to wait til the morning to be able to borrow MIL's camera or take pics in daylight to share in an album. Oh well, things happenf or a reason I suppose..,

Hugs

Anna~ I am so sorry. I hope that like for me, your 'main event' in this is the forum & group interaction.

It looks like I will finish. Unless my camera also decides to fall down some stairs I will get photos. But, no plans here for anything exciting in that department.

Okay, I'm officially irritated here. Started uploading pictures to an album, saw a picture that didn't look right, clicked on it to check the image and decided to delete it. Now, I can't finish uploading pictures and the system is telling me that I don't have permission to delete or edit. Grrrrrrr! So folks, no pictures after all.

Yay! I sent my pictures a couple of minutes ago, I'm ''done'' ! :yay:

This is my first time entering the contest, although I tried last year but couldn't finish in time. But it's my third year following all of your flinging discussions. Congratulation to everyone who's done with the project and good luck to the other ones !

• Like 4

Just sent Twinkle's entry. Fingers crossed that I did it right or she'll be furious with me in the morning !!!

What a job to pick the pictures. We had 282 to choose from but it was sure hard to choose 3 that really demonstrate the great job she did. I'm so proud of her !!!! She wrote a cute little story too.

• Like 3

I was just wondering when everyone would start opening their galleries?

After midnight I'd guess since no one can enter after that unless MiniMan gives grace for those in other time zones.

I added my album but it did no good to click the privacy/public button. The pictures went public before I had a chance to change it. I've since edited it but the pictures had already been seen. I'll change it back in the morning.

I added my album but it did no good to click the privacy/public button. The pictures went public before I had a chance to change it. I've since edited it but the pictures had already been seen. I'll change it back in the morning.

Someone else said that only shows on your own view not anyone else's. I never saw anything come up on yours.

I was just wondering when everyone would start opening their galleries?

Other than sneak peeks, we don't have anything in our galleries yet. I could put some in Twinkles now but I'd like her to pick out what she wants in it and how she want's them tagged. And mine - well, I could put pictures of parts ....

Not entirely completed as I had envisioned it, but my three photos are in!

I really had so much fun building this Spring Fling -- because (I think) I bashed so much of it together, starting with the one small "kit." I had bits and pieces from last year's SF (which I never entered!) and all the things I thought I'd use (you must remember being a newbie to minis and it's like... "I must have this, and I must have that...") Well, as opposed to my Garfield which was my first build -- so I was afraid to step away from their instructions, most of this, my "____ ______ ____ & ______ ____" really was a product of my imagination. I'm not so exciting about doing a contest entry again. One of my clients hit me with a ton of work that I never expected (nor did they, actually) that came in starting about 2 weeks ago, so this build has been a nightmare for these past two weeks. I never thought I'd actually finish it, but it came down to rethinking...do I really need the _____? Or the _________? Who's gonna know that these were in my plan originally? No one. but me! I will finish this as I originally planned it, but oh, boy, now that the pressure is off, I can really start having fun. I'm too old to work until the wee hours -- on anything! I was having too much fun, tooling along at my own pace, and now I can resume that!

This is the first "mini" contest that I've ever entered, and I must say that looking at all the photos and entries that others submitted last year was quite an eye opener. I never dreamed of some of the techniques I saw being used! That's what got me so excited about doing this, and I'll be building mini houses forever! Thanks to all of you who showed me the way ;-)!

• Like 2