Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Many, many upload issues... :pullhair: but my album is up, even though the pics are out of order and I can't save descriptions yet.

If you try clicking the Image Moderation button underneath a picture it brings a drop down menu for Edit Image and Delete Image. That Edit button usually works great for editing anything in the gallery whereas the regular Edit button up in the top right brings a time out or fatal error message quite frequently.

When using the top right Edit button, occasionally the edit will "take" even if you have the fatal error message though. I usually try the refresh button before moving away from it if I'm fussing with that button and it seems to help the edit stay. But since finding the other Edit Image button I've not had any problems.

I've also found that 6 photos is about all I can upload at one time without having any issues. Just an FYI.

Great entry btw. Love the sneaky little secret battery compartment !!

Twinkle has realized after looking at all her pictures online, that she forgot one important item before saying she was done. She didn't put on her door handles on the barn doors. She says she's not going to put them on right now and is pretending that it's the kind of doors that are on a swinging hinge going in and out. I thought that was a creative idea. She gave me permission to tell you all, btw.

She is quite overwhelmed by all your wonderful comments and accolades. It's a great thing for her to have accomplished and be part of such a caring environment. I (Selkie) thank you all for encouraging and supporting her. You are a wonderful family for us. She has worked on looking through all your albums and is trying to comment as well. I know it's confusing as to whether it's her or me but we are trying to differentiate. I think she needs her own account now but I fear she'd loose all her comments if we tried to transfer her album. Maybe the techie folks could move it for her. A project for another day.

Anyhow, thanks from this old Gram for holding my granddaughter close. You are a wonderful group of friends.

• Like 2

I think we all think of Twinkle as part of our family here... I know that I do! Consider her adopted! With a grandma like you, how could she help but be talented and charming?!!!

• Like 1

Aw-w-w thank you SO much.

If I could, I would tell you her whole story, and you'd know for certain, that you are all angels in her life and mine as well.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart - and more. May God richly bless you all for your kindness to us.

Sweet MIL to the camera rescue LOL, she is bringing her compact one along with her today so after we dealt with the real life sized concrete mixing and pouring as basement coarse flooring I will indeed gett o reassenble thespiral staircasing that went caput along wih some of the fencing and atleast share pics...

Hugs

I do not envy the judges of this contest. What an impossible choice - every last project is amazing, well done, and gorgeous in its own way.

What fun! As a first-time Flinger, I'm hooked now! Already thinking about next year!

Do you think everyone -- from this forum anyway -- has uploaded photos to his/her gallery by now? I just wonder how many others there are who entered this contest -- whom we know nothing about and who know nothing about us! It would be so nice if we were able to touch base with everyone!

Selkie, did T get a confirmation yet? I've received nothing!!!

Blondie, absolutely! I still have a bunch of bits and parts from last year (and the year before that) stored away, saved for "someday," and that's the stash I think about when I start dreaming about how I can add to/bash/alter whatever I'm make so that it becomes unique. When did they show the SF 2013 kit, June? Oh, boy, such a long time to wait! Hey, I'd better slow down and finish this current SF (just a few more additions)!

Sandy, the first post in this thread is from MiniMan and it was the kit announcement posted May 8th. :) Next year is not very far away!

Prepping for an annual contest like this is a lot of work. My guess is that the design for next year is already in the works. :) From just the sampling we've seen of the entries, there is plenty of work ahead for GL just finishing up this round!

Do you think everyone -- from this forum anyway -- has uploaded photos to his/her gallery by now? I just wonder how many others there are who entered this contest -- whom we know nothing about and who know nothing about us! It would be so nice if we were able to touch base with everyone!

Selkie, did T get a confirmation yet? I've received nothing!!!

I haven't received confirmation yet - makes me a bit nervous. But they did say within 72 hours, and there was Halloween and a weekend in there, so I'm trying to be patient.

You're right, Debora. I can't imagine, considering the submissions, that they'll be able to announce the winners by the middle of this month -- that's only less than two weeks away. Impossible! And then, to work up a new kit. Yeah, but I want it now! Do I sound like Blondie? Patience was never one of my virtues. Instant gratification, on the other hand...

• Like 1

Oops, I sure thought I typed Twinkle's name above, but it came with only a T (so I see now!). Once again, my brain beats out my fingers! And thank goodness that still works that well!

• Like 1

Twinkle has not received any confirmation yet either. I'm keeping fingers crossed. But again, I think with all of the posting/opening of albums and yakking that went on the evening and morning of the contest ending, that it'd be quite easy to see who really did enter, even if someone's email got lost in their spam folder or something like that.

As to posting for those of us who didn't make it in time ... I know I'd like to get mine to a finished state before I post any working pictures.

Mine changed so much in the last 6 weeks before the contest end that the early pictures look really silly compared to the finished design. I suppose I could post a diagram that I created but ... no .. I think I'll wait a bit longer.

Besides, those who worked hard enough to finish on time deserve their time in the spotlight right now - imo.

There is plenty of time for other builds to enjoy just like we do regularly.

• Like 1

Lolololol! Everyone has been telling me I must be "so patient" to work with minis, but you guys clearly know the truth! Hahahahahaha! :)

*is not patient*

Haaha, yep that's pretty much the exact line I get when people see my minis or anything I've crocheted. "Oh I'd never have the patience. You must have so much patience. Where do you get the patience". Let 'em think it :bigwink:

If only they could see me in action, then it would be more like "Good gracious Girl, you're a grown woman. Seriously, throwing it in the trash and stomping out of the room? Whoa there sailor, watch that potty mouth. Aren't you supposed to be doing this for fun?"

• Like 5