Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Waiting.... :bounce8: :bounce8: :bounce8:

til I can ever finish mine ....

Did I ever mention how much I hate waiting for someone to do something they promised to do, seemingly ages ago, like carry heavy things up the stairs for me so my "stuff" is in my studio where I can work on it ??? :sad_2:

My late husband was notorious for ignoring my requests to do things. That's how I learned to hang and finish sheetrock/dry wall, use a skill saw, and replace a radiator hose. When I parked my car over a ditch so I could crawl under it to access the motor mount, he stopped me before I could get under the car. He did that one himself. I was most thankful for that one cuz I didn't have a clue what to do.

• Like 3

til I can ever finish mine ....

Did I ever mention how much I hate waiting for someone to do something they promised to do, seemingly ages ago, like carry heavy things up the stairs for me so my "stuff" is in my studio where I can work on it ??? :sad_2:

Just start spreading it out all over the living room, because hey, you've got to break it down into smaller manageable parts so that it will be lightweight enough to carry, and then you can only do so many trips up the stairs in one day, and so stuff might remain spread out for awhile.....

(Luckily, my sweet DH does carry things up the stairs for me. I just put the box I want to go up at the base of the stairs, and he usually does it on the next trip. :) )

I have to say, my husband is FAR from perfect, buttttttt... he enables my miniatures obsession in every way. I am very very lucky in that respect. It's a trade off. He does something that makes me holler 'come here right now' (perhaps he's left dangerous electrical tools all over our 5 year olds floor) and then I let him have it. 'She could have cut her fingers off'. And then an email pops through. A $10 house on craigslist can be mine, if I grab it now. He smiles and asks 'where am I headed?' His most recent 'Is he for real' moment? Ok, I'll try and be brief. We only have a shower, not a tub. Our little girl said the other day that she wanted to go visit someone she doesn't like so she could play in their bath tub. Not only did my hubby find us a jetted tub on craigslist, he was so excited by his discovery I could barely understand his words. At this moment my son is prepping the bathroom to accommodate a 4' x 6' PINK tub! And oh so sweet, a matching pink sink. If any of you have seen the movie RV with Robin Williams, when we watched it the first time, my husband had to say 'that reminds me of when I' probably a dozen times. Anyway, that's real life at Morgan's house.

• Like 3

Now I find this conversation fascinating! Did someone here say something about how all the differing opinions and ideas make things more interesting??? They sure do!

Morgan, I think you are the luckiest gal to have a 5-year-old delight, and I'm quite willing to forget the husband part. Debora, on the other hand extols your husband's virtues (I also do admit they're exceptional)... But the bottom line is that I could do nothing but study people and never, ever become bored! Well, especially if I'm working on a mini on the side <grin>!

People watching is a wicked fun passtime. And for anyone who keeps up on such things, Portland, Oregon, just 45 minutes from me, is like the weird capitol of the world. To go downtown Portland and people watch is an event and those in the know, know such places as Metro On Broadway are not just a place to eat. You go there to eat and people watch.

As for husbands, keepers, adorable little girls...I can say one thing. Keeping the passion for miniatures alive is an important part of life. Everything every one of us does in the name of miniatures, helps make this world a better place. And anyone who supports it is saying 'I want better not just for those I know, but everyone everywhere'. I truly believe that. In a world of healthy eating and excercise, healthy hobbies are just as important, if not more so.

Ok, soapbox put away.

• Like 1

It's no lie that my DH is a keeper (over 50 years so far); he's the one who got me started building dollhouse kits and making miniatures; and the new workshop is his Christmas gift he's been trying to give us for two years. Yesterday all the cement got poured and finished, and we chose the colors.

• Like 4

I do want to be sure that I'm not misrepresenting my family by adding that DH is a wonderful provider, a fine and caring man with high principles and extremely intelligent. We've been married 45 years now. He is an armchair sports fanatic although he was a participant in his younger years. He does have a vision disability that limits some things he can do and we are both getting up there in years so our energy levels are not always top notch.

He is old school, in that, even though I work in our business, I am the domestic household manager and he is the wage earner/provider. He doesn't do home repairs - not his area of expertise. I love doing painting, woodworking, etc. He does some outdoor work. He likes the main house area to be neat and ready for company thus the hobbies/crafts need to be in their own work areas, of which I have plenty.

My arthritis makes the stairs a real challenge. Twinkle helps me with a great deal of the carrying. She is a real angel. Right now there are just some things that neither of us can negotiate up the stairs w/o a man's strength. I move to an uninsulated, unheated workshop in the summer and need to come inside to the smaller rooms for the cold months. It's a pain to move things but the unheated shop is so much bigger that I prefer working out there as long as possible.

Oh, and btw, leaving notes around is classified as nagging in his eyes. Ask once and wait is the protocol. So, we will get there - just on his timetable, not mine. But he's worth the wait. I'm sure he has a list a mile long about how I irritate him. I'm no saint, believe me.

• Like 2

Selkie, I do understand how you feel. The way my late husband worked was enough to make me scream. I would ask and wait. I figured six months was long enough to wait for him to replace a broken motor mount and he was the mechanic. It was a longer time before I started hanging sheetrock. The room only had the outside walls and studs showing so I figured something needed to be done. The only time I am really impatient is waiting for glue and paint to dry.

I just got engrossed in the off topic conversation (which was fun lol,I love getting these little windows into everyones lives) but Ive been out of the loop for awhile and was wondering whats happening with the contest? Has the winner been chosen? Is there one place where I can see all of the entries?

I just got engrossed in the off topic conversation (which was fun lol, I love getting these little windows into everyones lives) but Ive been out of the loop for awhile and was wondering whats happening with the contest? Has the winner been chosen? Is there one place where I can see all of the entries?

Someone created this link to some of our albums. It was a collection of only some folks.

The winners have not been announced yet and thus the winners album has not been done of course.

That someone was me! I have been trying not to stalk the forum for news. o.O

Thanks for clarifying. Brain freeze on my part, I could have just looked at the first entry and figured that out. Sorry for not crediting you properly.