Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

There are more and more kit makers creating things for half scale, and you can adapt one inch scale patterns to half scale. Look at Rbytsdy's blog. She adapted Chris's pattern for a bed to half scale and it turned out beautifully. She also made club chairs that are really cute. And using Chris's tutorials make the furnishings almost free, because it's just card stock!

• Like 1

Nuts on ebay? Me? Never! I only earned 400 or so stars on the 2011 fling. Here's what I figured out and it's helped. 1/2 scale: there's so much less available, it forces me to behave :) The scale is big enough you still get alot of great detail but small enough you have the HUGE benefit of space saving.

Also, I love making furniture kits and the 1/2 scale kits are very manageable. I love dollhouses, whatever size. I see 1/2 scale as most practical. I turned last years fling into a 1/2 scale barn converted to a living quarters. I love it.

• Like 1

Sandy & Morgan, in addition to osteoarthritis in my hands, arms, shoulders, neck & back I have some nerve damage from the wreck I was in (where most of the arthritis comes from, as well) and I also seem to have less trouble with 1:24 scale; plus I wound up not only making most of the Fairfields' furniture and all the people, but stitching the rugs, too.

• Like 1

I'm butting in,but in defense of Sandy and some others who may not want to do 24 scale-maybe they just prefer 12 scale! For me it would be an eyesight issue-my reading glasses and magnifier/craft lamp are good,but still don't always help!

Thanks, Kat!!!

Okay, everyone, I think I got the point. HOWEVER, I have a stash of goodies here, that I am going to use up before changing scale. I find my fingers cramping every morning when I start to do any fine work, and that includes my computer keyboard! While there's much to be said, especially for me in these relatively [compared to the home I had in FL] cramped quarters, for half-scale construction, I'll stick to my 1:12 for now. Sorry, Morgan, but I'll give you all the support I can!

On a broader note, Dean, do you see what's happening to us? We're off on all sorts of tangents because we aren't focused! Help us focus!!! We are in this particular forum for a reason (at least I thought there was a reason -- it's been so long, maybe I forgot!). Give us the winners and, best of all, their gallerie!!!

Kat, Sandy, I did not suggest Sandy SHOULD change. :) What I basically said was, don't assume it's harder until you try it. :) Like MANY of us, you may like it! And I did say, 'if you have any desire at all'. So please, do not interpret what I said as trying to change anyone! Honest, I love all scales. I don't care who works in what scale. As for me, my hands are enjoying the break from working on 1".

As for the subject matter, I will say again...I just wish the fling would come in 1/2" scale!

The :) smiley faces are all there so you know I'm not arguing :) just saying :)

• Like 1

Nuff!!! I ain't gonna change unless I want to change, and no amount of talking will change that! AND all of you who know me, at least a little, know how stubborn I am!

The whole idea here is that we each enjoy doing our own things, while sharing our thoughts and experiences with others. Let's please not lose track of that.

I love seeing what each and everyone of you is doing; your hearts are in it, and it shows...big time! I will copy some of your techniques at times -- imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, but we each do our own thing here, and that's what make (and keeps) this place special!

• Like 1

Moving right along - lets take some bets on the announcement date. I originally had said T-day. I'm thinking that's not realistic because it's a holiday. So, because Dean said mid November to begin with, I automatically added a couple weeks mentally because I've been down this road before. That said, next Sunday is Dec 1st so logically thinking this through, when do you think the announcement will come?

I can't enter a poll here because I didn't start the topic. But here are the choices.

Quote me and erase the top portion or copy and paste in your post

and add your name to what you guess.

Sunday November 24

Monday Nov 25

Tuesday Nov 26

Wednesday Nov 27

Thursday Nov 28

Friday Nov 29 - Selkie

Saturday Nov 30

Winner gets a prize - don't know what but sounds good, right?

Let's get silly.

OKAY - Guesses so far:

Sunday November 24

Monday Nov 25 - Mandystar

Tuesday Nov 26

Wednesday Nov 27

Thursday Nov 28

Friday Nov 29 - Selkie

Saturday Nov 30

Sunday Dec 1 - Holly

Monday Dec 2 - Kathie B

November 15 of some year - Dalesq

Join the party ....

OKAY - Guesses so far:

Sunday November 24

Tuesday Nov 26

Wednesday Nov 27- Kat

Thursday Nov 28

Friday Nov 29 - Selkie

Saturday Nov 30

Sunday Dec 1 - Holly

Monday Dec 2 - Kathie B

November 15 of some year - Dalesq

Join the party ....

Summary of guesses so far:

Sunday November 24

Tuesday Nov 26

Wednesday Nov 27- Kat, Blondie

Thursday Nov 28

Friday Nov 29 - Selkie

Saturday Nov 30

Sunday Dec 1 - Holly

Monday Dec 2 - Kathie B

Thursday Dec 5 Wytchy

November 15 of some year or perhaps mid Dec Dalesq

Others not guessing yet …. Anyone else want to join in the fun?