Hello everyone!

My name is Gayla and my Member name is Tiny Favors. I am so excited to have found this wonderful community you have here! I am new to the miniature world but have always LOVED anything tiny!! So! Needless to say I had to have a love for miniatures! I have an online Etsy shop called Tiny Favors and I make and sell handmade bath and beauty products along with polymer clay charms and dollhouse miniature items I make. I only have one miniature item listed right now but have many new items in the works being made currently to hopefully be listed soon. I am actually thinking about making a second shop to separate the bath from the charms and miniatures and also I am wanting to list craft supplies as I have a TON of them lol. I am not a collector of miniatures myself but I enjoy making and selling the items though as it is so much fun to make tiny images of life size items! I look forward to chatting with all of you and seeing your miniature worlds and the things that you make! It is so nice to be able to talk to others that have the same interest as you do and to be able to learn you ways to do things that you may have not thought of otherwise. This seems like a great platform to make new friends and have fun! If anyone ever wants to chat or has questions about anything please feel free to message me anytime and I will respond as quickly as I can! Hope everyone is having a beautifully wonderful Mother's Day today! I am enjoying the nice warm weather and spending time with my 18 year old son when I can get him to come out of his room and off the computer or XBox 360 lol!

Have a great day!

Gayla -Tiny Favors

Welcome,Gayla! Love the candlestick.maybe you aren't a collector,but u sure have the mini bug-happily,there's not much of a 'cure' rate! :D enjoy your time in the forum-it's addictive! glad u had a nice mother's day-i relate,as my two are physically here,but doing their own thing! ;) Kat

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I am excited to be here it is really nice to be able to talk with other mini lovers like myself and to see and hear all of the wonderful things people create from their imaginations is just amazing!

Susan, I haven't made anything as of yet in the half-scale, but would be willing to try it out it there was something in particular you were looking for. Feel free to message me directly! Thanks! :)

Welcome to the forum!

I don't decorate, but now I know where to get mini soap if I decide to put them in the jacuzzi tub I made last year.

What a cute idea! I hadn't thought about making real super mini dollhouse soaps! I will have to do some experimenting! Oh boy I have another new project! Hehe I am terrible about starting new projects as I always have a million idea's going on in my head and am wanting to work on them all at once! But that would be 2 of my loves in one! Making soap and making a miniature dollhouse item! Thank you for such an awesome idea! :)

REAL soap in mini? Don't do it, Jeremy, unless you move your family and houses to a bug-free area. Someone from work gifted me with some of his wife's lovely homemade goat's milk soap with oatmeal and honey and it was a race to use it before the bugs ate it all!

REAL soap in mini? Don't do it, Jeremy, unless you move your family and houses to a bug-free area. Someone from work gifted me with some of his wife's lovely homemade goat's milk soap with oatmeal and honey and it was a race to use it before the bugs ate it all!

I was thinking about this last night after I commented actually so I am glad you brought it up. I was first thinking that it would be a mini unscented and completed sealed little mini soap. But then the more I thought about it I was thinking it should be a mini soap made out of polymer clay and then can be packaged or not and maybe glossed to make it look shiny like it is wet when it really isn't. Yes...I agree about not using real soap in a scene though :)

I have spent most of my life in the SE US, and most of that in FL; we have a lot of tourist attractions as well as totally fabulous natural habitat we're fighting to keep the developers from totally destroying; but one of the things we have (who will eventually replace all the developers) are BUGS!

well, one of my projects takes years to complete, so I always have to put my other ideas on the shelf until I'm done with the current house.

For mini soap I was thinking of adding a little bit of pigment to one half of two part epoxy, mixing it thoroughly and putting it into a waxed mold. after it dries I would cut and sand it into shape. I don't usually make the stuff that goes into a house, but that is one way it might be made. When I made the tub, I included four little recessed soap dishes in the tub's lip. You can see it here:

• Like 1