Hello!

abloom

Hi! My name is Andrea and I'm a new (or newly revived) dollhouse lover. I recently found a sweet old dollhouse for $15 at an antique shop and couldn't resist buying it. I knew there was a box of dollhouse furnishings in the attic from my only other dollhouse foray - a ready made little kid house I furnished for my daughter when she was 4 (she's in college now). I filled my new treasure with what we had and by the time I was done, some dollhouse enchantment had come over me. (I think it happened the other time too, since the box in the attic had enough furnishings for about 3 houses.) So I'm now working on my first adult dollhouse - a mysterious peeling paint Gothic Revival - using an Orchid kit. I'm incapable of doing anything according to the directions, and I started modifying the kit even before I ever encountered the word "kitbashing" - with some home-made wavy glass Gothic windows and a chimney and fireplaces. I'm having so much fun, and I'm looking forward to trying some of the techniques I've seen by the amazing miniaturists on this forum. I hope this introduction isn't way too long! Looking forward to meeting you all! -Andrea

Welcome and hope you plan on becoming as addicted as the rest of this strangely enabling group of miniaturists.

By the way, we LOVE eye candy so as soon as you have enough posts, please start an album so we can enjoy your build with you.

We are junkies for pictures.

It's almost impossible to not become enchanted in the miniature world and just keep on falling in love with "one more thing".

• Like 1

Hi & Welcome :) I havn't been doing this long but I found it an addicting habit. It started out innocently enough...building one for my Grand Daughter...well now I have 3 Grand Daughters...so ya now have 2 almost done, and #3 already planned. (and helped my daughter with one) There are alot of great people here...can't wait to see your pictures.

• Like 1

Welcome,Andrea! :wave: Congrats on catching the miniaturist bug,again.this time it may be even more fun,since it's all yours to 'play' with!looking fwd to seeing how your gothic revival house turns out and would love to see photos of your fantastic antique find!i'm still new-ish,but there are definitely lots of sweet mini veterans to help if you need anything. :yes: Kat

Thank you all for the welcoming comments! I do feel this becoming a serious addiction and it's good to know others who are also enthralled. I'm still figuring out how the forum works but I can't wait until I can post some pictures, and I'm very excited to see all of your lovely projects. - Andrea

• Like 1

Thank you all. Gloria, yes I'm glad about the things I saved all these years and also kicking myself for stuff I didn't. I think I'll never throw away anything small again. It's strange. I've always been drawn to dollhouses, not only because of the charm of miniatures and a love of crafts, but also from a passion for houses, yet I never let myself contemplate getting involved with them. I think I've always known it would become a consuming focus and didn't want to start down that road. But I've recently watched a number of older family members come to the end of their lives and I've realized if this is my passion, I should do it now. It's the source of pure joy, and there's no turning back. I'm just so happy to have found this place to share with other souls who will understand what I mean.

• Like 2

Uh-oh. What's the Spring Fling?

Andrea, there's a seperate topic for this years spring fling. Hop on and check it out. You can go to the Greenleaf store and check out this years contest kit. All you have to buy is the base kit (19.95 & no shipping!) but there's a whole bunch of great add-ons which are offered at sale prices. Interpret the kit however you want and submit photos to Greenleaf by Halloween.

You can learn alot more in the store description of the contest and if you read all of the topic. It's a blast. Please, check it out. You might be glad you did.

Have fun!

Welcome to the forum!

I don't build kit houses, but this year's spring fling has some serious potential. I won't add another project on top of the two I'm working on now, but I definitely give GL props for thinking outside of the box with this one.

• 1 month later...

Holly, I was planning to make an album when all heck broke loose in my family and I had to take some time off from my dollhouse affairs. But I would like to do one now if I can figure out how. Can you point me to the directions? Thanks!

Since we all want the pictures you have to feed our eye candy habit, I'll give the quick version of creating an album.

Click on the Gallery tab that is in the middle of the green bar at the top of the page.

Look on the top right corner of the page that comes up. There will be a dark rectangle with the word Upload in it.

Click that and then select the Create a new album button.

It will bring you a pop up box that you fill in with the title of the album and your description of what it will contain.

Then click Save.

You will be brought back to where the page to start the uploading of your pictures. It says Choose Files.

Select from the photos on your computer or camera, upload them, title them, give a description of what it is

and Voila - you have an album. FYI - You can upload more than one picture at a time.

Hope that helps.

Ok, I got up to the "choose files" step, and I can see that tab but it doesn't let me choose it. I'm trying to do this from my iphone because that's where my pictures are. Is that the problem or should it work?